Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To erwinrommel, what's the square area of the 2 rooms?

I don't recall the floor area. But just treat it as those old normal 3 room flats. No need to be freezing cold, cuz I have the habit of using it at most an hour a night at most.

terumo

Reaction score
To goh nick,

Ge18 is for living room area. For bedrooms, get ge10 will be enough.

To erwinrommel,
9k for both rooms is enough.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo and everyone,

Does any company take in 2nd hand air-cons and offer a trade-in price? May want to replace my existing Artcool with Panasonic.

p.s: What is the difference between Multi-Split and Multi-Combi Inverter for Panasonic?

p.p.s: Is this a good guide for cooling? http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=roomac.pr_properly_sized If it is, most HDB areas will require only 9600 btu fan coils yea?

p.p.p.s: Do only super stores like Harvey, Courts, Best Denki offer extended warranty and installment plans?

Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To goh nick,

Ge18 is for living room area. For bedrooms, get ge10 will be enough.

To erwinrommel,
9k for both rooms is enough.

Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

Any idea what is the current market rate for a system 2 inverter? I am leaning towards Mitsubishi as they are famous for their air cons.

Thanks! :D

jack27

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

Need your advice..

Going to install system 3 within this 2 days.

1. Mit 3A28VA - GE10VA x 2 / GE13VA x 1
2. Dakin 3MKD75DVM - FTKD25DVM x 2 / FTKD35DVM x 1

for the above which once u recommend?
eg. (Fast cooling & cost saving)

concealed piping.
So which material would you recommend.

G23 or G22 any particular brand? Armalex 3/8 or 1/2 for insulation? TIA

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To jack27.

Both brands/models, the price is similar.

I would say both are good, as both are inverter and energy saving.

The concealed pipes u mentioned is hidden inside partition/L Box or inside the wall itself?

jack27

Reaction score
To jack27.

Both brands/models, the price is similar.

I would say both are good, as both are inverter and energy saving.

The concealed pipes u mentioned is hidden inside partition/L Box or inside the wall itself?

Tks for reply..
The concealed piped is hidden inside partition /L box

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo and everyone, this is a partial repeat post =:p But I need some advice on the below :s34:

1) Does any company take in 2nd hand air-cons and offer a trade-in price? May want to replace my existing Artcool with Panasonic or Mitsubishi.

2) What is the difference between Multi-Split and Multi-Combi Inverter for Panasonic?

3) Is Panasonic reliable? When I google it, they seem to have a fair bit of issues overseas.

4) Is this a good guide for cooling? Properly Sized Room AC : ENERGY STAR If it is, most HDB areas will require only 9600 btu fan coils yea?

5) Do only super stores like Harvey, Courts, Best Denki offer extended warranty and installment plans?

Thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
To jack27,
G23 is good enough/G22 if u can upgrade.
Insulation recommended 1/2" thick. Recommended Aramaflex brand.

To nakorius,
1. They take in your old aircon for scrap metal, usually $50-$80 discount. Some charge you for dismantling, so u give them the aircon, considered free dismantling.
2 I think multi combi refers to sys 3, multi refers to sys 2. Panasonic do not have sys 4.
3. Not bad.
4. Hdb rooms, usually 9k btu is enough.
5. I think they do offer extended warranty and credit card installment.

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To nakorius,
1. They take in your old aircon for scrap metal, usually $50-$80 discount. Some charge you for dismantling, so u give them the aircon, considered free dismantling.
2 I think multi combi refers to sys 3, multi refers to sys 2. Panasonic do not have sys 4.
3. Not bad.
4. Hdb rooms, usually 9k btu is enough.
5. I think they do offer extended warranty and credit card installment.

Thanks for the info Terumo.

Based on the energystar link, it says that 9k btu/hr is enough to cover my living room that is 10m x 2.8m. But all the sales folks tell me it's not enough.

I am kinda in a dilemma on it if the site is too conservative or the sales folks are over-selling.

What is your opinion?

terumo

Reaction score
To Nakorius,

If you duh require very very cold in your living room, take 12k btu.
If your living room has > 4 persons when on and u require 23 degrees and below, take 18k btu.

momolover26

Reaction score
If u get the MHI sys 2, should be ok. For 8.5amp.

Thank you for your quick reply bro terumo. After I went back to read the previous post up to now, I am now not sure of MHI and may switch to MIT Electric MXY-2E20VA & 2*MSYGE10VA as MIT Elec and Daikin seems to be the fav choice of most here?

Does that mean that all system 2 invertor system i.e MXY2e20 should be ok under the 8.5amp limit?

Which dealer or shops would you recommend to get my aircon installed ie.good workmenship? Does Coolserve or any other shops meets your requirement? I do need a recommendation on the stores to get the aircon. Thanks.

Luciaa

Reaction score
Selling Air-con

Does anyone know where to sell air-con?
I have window air-con, just used for 1 year. I've called a couple of second-hand retailer but they didn't want my air-con bcoz it's too new.. :(
Anyone can give me suggestion?? It'd be good if u can give me the contact number :) thx

jack27

Reaction score
Hi terumo,

Upgraded to G22 n 1/2 insulation.

Btw, which copper pipe do you recommend ant particular brand?

some said try to avoid those copper pipe which made in China..

Last edited:

nakorius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Nakorius,

If you duh require very very cold in your living room, take 12k btu.
If your living room has > 4 persons when on and u require 23 degrees and below, take 18k btu.

Thanks for the reply Terumo :)

terumo

Reaction score
Jack27,

Copper pipe, I do not have much comments. Dne brand carried by natural cool seems ok.

bezz

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have a 5yr old Toshiba system 3 aircon. I only use the master bedroom unit, the other 2 rooms are not used most of the time. 2 weeks ago the master bedroom unit stopped in the middle of the night, the other 2 rooms still okay.

I got the Toshiba agent (Daikin) to come and service. They charged me $56 for the visit but only told me the wires from the compressor is faulty and the office will quote me for the repair. The Daikin guy also told me alot of Daikin and Toshiba aircon got this problem because the contractors who installed the aircon didn't do a proper job.... 2 days later, the quote came and they quoted $380 for changing wire and servicing and manpower cost...

I decided to get the technician from my company to take a look. He changed the wires for me. After that the aircon worked, but then another problem...the compressor will stay on all the time, even with all the fan coil switched off. So he checked and told me the relay is burned, he bought a relay from Sim Lian Towers and changed it but the compressor still the same (running all the time)...

I suspect he changed the wrong relay (there are 2 relays in the compressor) or wired the relay wrongly as he was not sure about the wiring since the company that sold me the aircon did not give me the manual...

Now before I ask the Technician to change the other relay.
Any advice or comments?

Thanks

HeadKiller

Reaction score
Hey guys,new to all the air conditioner thing,may I ask if I need change the master bedroom air conditioner,do I need to change all the room air conditioners? Any cheap and good reccomendation?

Oh,and before you ask me why I want to change,the air conditioner have been constantly leaking water and it is as old as the flat,about 10yo.
My air conditioner is a daikin ft25gv1,can anyone tell me BTU of this unit? Thank you!

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To head killer,

Ur fcu is a Daikin non inverter 9k btu unit,
You can just replace the blower with the new model ft25dvm.
The rest of the system can be used back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.