Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzxiang

Reaction score
Any Advice?

Any Advice from anyone?? =DD
Went to gain city(GC) for ac.
Given the following price and detail
Mitsubishi Starmex 4sys
$4299
MSY-GE10VA *3 unit
MSY-GE24VA *1 unit
Insulation 1/2
Drainage 16mm
Copper Pipes G23.

1.Any advice and review for the specifications given?
2.Anyone installed Mitsubishi Starmex AC from GC recently, can post some photo on their end product work. =)
3.Any review for the workmanship from GC?

fyeebiyd

Master Member
Reaction score
To Freebiyd,

If you on all 3, the 12k will perform like a 9k instead.
If you worried abt the btu, you can get the 4a38 (36k btu) outdoor. That unit is physically bigger then the 3a28, but its a bit overkill.

Thanks for the response. I supposed you are referring to the Misubishi Starmex right? Because that's the only one which is weird from the quote I had gotten.

Instead of 9kBTU fancoil unit, the salesperson indicate it as 10k BTU. Is that normal?

The price seems a little high to me though. I'm wondering if there are cheaper alternatives like Panasonic or Hitachi. I'm avoiding LG, Samsung, Sanyo and other brands at the moment.

terumo

Reaction score
Mit Electric fcu model is GE10, so maybe salesman thought is 10k btu. It should be around 9k btu.

Why duh u consider Panasonic? Might have some cost saving even if specs is the same.

fyeebiyd

Master Member
Reaction score
Mit Electric fcu model is GE10, so maybe salesman thought is 10k btu. It should be around 9k btu.

Why duh u consider Panasonic? Might have some cost saving even if specs is the same.

I asked about Panasonic lei. He mentioned Panasonic don't have more than 24 BTU to support my requirement.

I feel quite strange. I'll go ask again about Panasonic.

Thanks for the advice.

expert128sg

Reaction score
My 4 room flat is a 94sqm flat.

Despite having a 26k BTU Mit Starmex in the living room, and all other air cons were off. It is still doesnt have the cooling effect when there are more than 20 people in the living room. Kinda disappointed. Not to mentioned that I only on it the 2nd time since they installed it in March 2012.

Quite Sad

HeadacheL

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade to a System 4, to include the living room with an additional blower and FCU.

I am contemplating between Mitsubishi Electric and Daikin, although price only differ by a few hundreds.

I prefer a All-in-One unit with ioniser and air filter capability, currently I have a Delonghi Air Filter cum Ioniser which is serving me well. Thought of saving space and effort, by leveraging on the air con blower unit with built-in function.

I have done a few calls to the Gxxx Cxxx, Cxxx Sxxxx... both are quite competitive, next is base on the confidence and instinct.

So, if anyone can give some suggestions and things to look out for the bundle package and materials. Please advice.

==============

Hi YDLeong

Y didn't u look back for hitachi since u r with them for 11yrs?
Cos I'm looking at changing my existing National ac and hv noted that hitachi and Fujitsu carries DC fan coil which is more energy efficient and all others AC fan coil.

Currently gain city is also having promo on the hitachi set w freebie like tv etc where price wise is really attractive but not sure if there is any "catch". Seems abit too good to be true.

Is it true that dc fan coil really saves lotsa energy? Thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
To expert128sg,

One person is around additional 500 btu.
If 20 people is 10000 btu.
So your living room should require around 18k.
Plus 10k, 28k. Your 26k FCu should be able to cool down say 24-25 degrees...

HeadacheL

Reaction score
Hi terumo
Do you happen to know about dc fan coil and ac fan coil?
Is it really true that it will be more energy and cost efficient?

Not too sure to get hitachi or Panasonic system 3 now :(

expert128sg

Reaction score
To expert128sg,

One person is around additional 500 btu.
If 20 people is 10000 btu.
So your living room should require around 18k.
Plus 10k, 28k. Your 26k FCu should be able to cool down say 24-25 degrees...

but it couldnt..i wonder why...

tzxiang

Reaction score
Hi
I am considering to buy Mis aircon.
Are they good?
Are they very noisy when you on?
Where you get it from? shop?Any recomm?

Thnks
My 4 room flat is a 94sqm flat.

Despite having a 26k BTU Mit Starmex in the living room, and all other air cons were off. It is still doesnt have the cooling effect when there are more than 20 people in the living room. Kinda disappointed. Not to mentioned that I only on it the 2nd time since they installed it in March 2012.

Quite Sad

mark lim

Reaction score
To Freebiyd,

If you on all 3, the 12k will perform like a 9k instead.
If you worried abt the btu, you can get the 4a38 (36k btu) outdoor. That unit is physically bigger then the 3a28, but its a bit overkill.
Current is limited to 11A for HDB. So having a bigger compressor doesn't help much.

Last edited:

expert128sg

Reaction score
Hi
I am considering to buy Mis aircon.
Are they good?
Are they very noisy when you on?
Where you get it from? shop?Any recomm?

Thnks

Gotten it from ALL Best. I think the installer who came were very professional and have great service. They came early twice and dont mind waiting since I was not home for both times. They would also give recommendation on where to place the aircon to have maximum cooling effect....will tell u the pros and cons as well.

Nope. I cant even hear anything.

For room wise, they are very good. They make me feel super cold in less than 15mins. normally i will off it after 30mins and it last throughout the night.

I believe Mit Electric is only good for Rooms. For Living room, sadly they just dont meet my standard at all. Super disappointing.

terumo

Reaction score
To headache l,

All fancoils does not determine the energy efficiency, only the type of compressor does.
Inverter or non inverter.

fyeebiyd

Master Member
Reaction score
Current is limited to 11A for HDB. So having a bigger compressor doesn't help much.

So anything bigger that 24K BTU is not going to be feasible?

Quite frustrating to try and find out information on the units and its compressor sia...

terumo

Reaction score
Inverter aircon draws current slowly and in stages, unlike non inverter.
I feel that all hdb can install inverter sys like ME 3a28, Daikin 3mkd75.
Should not be a problem.
Their amp rated is around 8.5amp for 3a28.

hume17

Reaction score
Recommend a reliable aircon contractor

Hi,
Can someone recommend a reliable aircon installation contractor? Saw CTair mentioned, besides that any other contractor to recommend?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.