Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
ME - Mit Electric.
Best replace all copper pipings if possible if u just bought the resale flat as u duh know the history of the aircon system before.

akaihayate

Reaction score
Hi terumo. I'm quite interested in Midea. Saw your post earlier and would like to have the agent's contact. Pls pm me. Thanks. :o

ME - Mit Electric.
Best replace all copper pipings if possible if u just bought the resale flat as u duh know the history of the aircon system before.

martintylor

Reaction score
Hi,

need some advice.
My aircon (Pana CS-C9EKZW, Sys 3, abt 6.5yrs) not cold, blow out normal air. Tech guy came to check and told my mum, "heart" spoilt and need to replace. I am assuming is the compressor, was quoted about 600+ and only 3mth warranty.

This aircon system seems to have many prob for past few yrs e.g gas leak, water leak etc, suspect got to do with past tenants who turn to 18 deg/open window while aircon is on.

Should I get a new aircon system or just replace the compressor. Any recommendation on where to buy a new aircon system?

lvn

Reaction score
help needed

Hi

We are renovating a resale (10 year old) condo. There are no aircons in the living and dining area currently. Three bed rooms and study have one each. Total area of apartment is 1600 sq ft.

For providing for aircon in living and dining area, different contractors are advising differently:

a) "Big name" retail chain - need to hack the floor in living room to route the water drainage pipe. There are no alternatives.

b) Contractor A - same as above. Hence his recommendation is a single 24000 unit in living and dining (the living and dining area are not in a single rectangle - they are shaped in a kind of bent L shape - about 220 degrees internally) with the unit near one of the bathrooms so that water drain pipes can be laid (without hacking floor but hacking wall).

c) Contractor B - he recommends two units of 18K and 9K for living and dining; he says he can lay pipes only by hacking wall without hacking floor.

Confused on what to do! I dont want to hack floor as there is no plan to replace the marble in the floor.

Any recommendations please?

terumo

Reaction score
To ivn,

Any chance of exposed piping?
Hack marble is too "overkill" just to conceal the drain pipe.

terumo

Reaction score
To martintylor,

How is the usage like in the past, if used daily for > 6 hrs.
6.5 years is around the life span.
Aircon average lifespan 5-7 years. Anything more is a bonus... :)

martintylor

Reaction score
To martintylor,

How is the usage like in the past, if used daily for > 6 hrs.
6.5 years is around the life span.
Aircon average lifespan 5-7 years. Anything more is a bonus... :)

Hi terumo,

usage is very low for the 6yrs. Only on during the hot mths (jun-jul, night time). Except the bad tenants experience, think they on most of the time, probably lasted for few mths before we found out and we chased them out.

I have another system 2 (jambo flat), bought same time, same low usage, but no bad tenants experience, still running well.

Thinking of getting ME sys3 non invertor because of the low usage. What is your suggest? Or just change the compressor?

Last edited:

happykapy

Reaction score
Pls Help Thank you

Hi gurus and friends,

Got to reno my place and
need to install aircon for hall, and 3 bedrooms.

Very light usage in hall (maybe when guests are over once a week), and only 1 bedroom (8 hours a day).

The other 2 bedrooms are seldom used, but I think should install just in case.

Can advise what setup to get?
Rooms are normal sized. Was thinking of getting a smaller one for the living room since it is seldom used anyway (maybe 18 BTU)

And any installer to recommend?
Would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

terumo

Reaction score
to martintylor,

Technically, anything is possible to repair.
Just that whether its worth it or not.
You may wish to replace the compressor, see can use another 1-2 years...
Then replace the whole system when it breakdowns again.

Or replace everything now for peace of mind.

yan4yan4

Reaction score
My air con is leaking water but i am told by the service company it is due to broken parts. The pipe or something use to collect water on the unit itself, somewhere near the rotating fan swing is broken. I would like to know the cost of replacement would be around what price? Sorry i do not know the actual term use to describe the broken part. Brand of aircon is panasonic C/S-C9EKZW.

kleric

Reaction score
Hi Terumo guru :)

I need to replace my system 2 (bedroom & hall) and is thinking of pairing a Daikin 20,000 btu outdoor unit (2MKD58DVM) with 2 x 12,000 btu FCUs (FTKD35DVM) since at almost all times, only 1 FCU is on. With this configuration, how would the cooling power be distributed between the 2 FCUs on those rare occasions where I on both FCUs?

Would you recommend this set-up or the conventional configuration of the 2 FCUs adding up to exactly match a 20,000 btu outdoor unit?

Thanks in advance for your views

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo.

can i ask you 2 question?

Can i know is it ok to use 1 isolators For Two Air-Con Systems 1?

AS in is it legal as in per HDB rule? As those super store say 1 isolators for 1 air con only. i tried to look for it in the HDB websites it never say anything about this rule.

2nd question.

All aircon use Standby Power When the air con is not in use it will use heaters to prevents migration of coolant into oil.

Do you know which brand use namely the brand i will which in order is Daikin, mit starmex and lastly Panasonic.

have the highest amount of High Standby Power?

thanks a lot

Last edited:

oinkoink

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at ME Starmex inverter system 2. Any good installer to recommend?
Thanks in advance:s13:

k3ong5

Reaction score
Hi Terumo Guru..

i am thinking of changing my air con cause it has been with me for close to 10 years..
want to retire it already..

i changed the trunking like 6 years ago..

i am looking to install for 3 bedroom units..
and one hall.. which is about the size of about 2.5 times the size of a bedroom..

any recommendations for aircon?..
and do i have to do the trunking again?..

Rizsa31

Reaction score
@ xaHshenGx

All brand of air-conditioning systems nowadays are just abt the same.... Their lifespan are abt 5-7 years... regular maintenance is really important to know ur air con unit's performance and electrical consumption.
Personally, i've been using Mitsubishi Electric for 7 years plus... everything seem ok....

terumo

Reaction score
To k3ong5,

U replaced all ur piping 6 yrs ago together with all the wiring & trunking? or trunking alone?
I think ur living room requires min 12k or 18k btu.
Whats the square area?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.