Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
hi guys after looking at the fourm abt air con still quite blur on getting one... need to ask a few noob questions hopefully some bros can help. cos i planing to get 1 ac for 1 of my rm not mbr (btw i'm staying in 3 rm flat) so my questions is 1. is there any difference between portable ac than split ac(other than is portable) does portable ac need servicing? 2. cos i saw courts having a cool zone promotion and i saw a LG BSUQ096B85A for $999 itz good deal.? cos currently dunno to get a portable ac or split ac pls advice tyvm

tnecniv

Reaction score
DoorSweep-Sm.jpg

where can i get something like this? btw my hole is on top of the door.
P4103979_zpsf29e9cca.jpg

Iqamah

Master Member
Reaction score
Changing of Air-Con

I am currently using a Daikin split unit of 4 fan coils. After the last servicing by Daikin, the technician told me the compressor was faulty. At present the I can only use one fan coil unit at a time. Otherwise it is not cool at all.

I am thinking of totally change to a new Inverter split unit (4) as the consumption is quite high. I have few questions:

a. What is the good and reliable brand?

b. Shall I reinstall with new trunking?

c. Do they charge for the removing of all units?

Hope you guys could help.

Thanks

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
So far in singapore...best selling brand would be mitsubishi heavy,mitsubishi starmex,daikin,panasonic,toshiba..all these brand also is reliable brand...actually buying air con sometimes depend on some luck also.

If your flat is hdb..and all of your air con system trunking is not conceal..better to change all...use back old piping does not save much..in case air conditional is a long time investment house appliance...the pressure of latest refrigerant r410a is higher than previous refrigerant r22...afraid have a gas leaking in the future if your previous old copper piping is not the good quality material.

Most of the air con company will free removing for you..courts will have a charge on removing old air con.

Hope all this can help you.

SWQ1621

Reaction score
FUJITSU
INVERTER SYS 2 AIRCON + INSTALL
AOAG14LAC2 / ASYG07LU x 2...

Wad does this mean? can explain to me?

Any recommended brand for inverter budget 2.5k and below?

Last edited:

kaweng

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Need some advise desperately.
My aircon is a mitsubish easy clean system 3.
What happen is 2 unit are not cool and only the master bedroom is cool.
Called a aircon service company to investigate, the changed a capacitor and it is solved.
After that the proceed to clear the 3 unit.
After cleaning the 3 unit, my master bed room aircon could not be turn on.
The lights keep blinking. They told me that it is possible that the wiring got broken somewhere and ask if I want to change the wiring (It will cost me about $350). They told me that the wiring is old already (My unit is about 6 yrs old).

Next we test the study room air con and now it also could not turn on and started blinking.

Now I have only 1 working aircon.

Will really appreciate it if anyone can tell me what they say about the wiring is true as before they come all my aircon can be on(except that 2 unit are just blowing air) instead of now only 1 unit can be on (at least it's blowing cool air)

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries model below

Outdoor unit: SCM80ZJ-S 1 x (32,400 BTU)
Indoor units:
SRK25ZJ-S1 3 x (9,000 BTU)
SRK50ZJ-S1 1 x (18,000 BTU)

Can someone please advise:
(1) Any difference between AmarFlex and Thermaflex brands?
(2) Class 0 better than Class 1?
(3) Need to indicate on invoice to include BCA certified contractor?
(4) Need to indicate on invoice to vacuum the copper pipe before releasing refrigerant?
(5) Do we get to keep the old aircon? Or the contractor take the old units? Any use for it? Trade in?
(6) Which is the more attractive package, or other things to look out for?
(7) Any recommended companies?

Thanks all.

Company 1: $3,960

Half-inch thick class 1 Amarflex insulation
Grade SWG 23 Copper Piping (0.61mm)
16mm Drainage Piping
(Without - optional stainless steel bracket for $150 nett)
Provide 2 trips

Company 2: $3,870

G23 copper pipe
Half inch thick Class O Thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit
Class 1 black rubber Insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit
Singapore Keystone cable
16mm PVC pipe and PVC trunking
Comes with stainless steel bracket
Provide 2 trips

Iqamah

Master Member
Reaction score
So far in singapore...best selling brand would be mitsubishi heavy,mitsubishi starmex,daikin,panasonic,toshiba..all these brand also is reliable brand...actually buying air con sometimes depend on some luck also.

If your flat is hdb..and all of your air con system trunking is not conceal..better to change all...use back old piping does not save much..in case air conditional is a long time investment house appliance...the pressure of latest refrigerant r410a is higher than previous refrigerant r22...afraid have a gas leaking in the future if your previous old copper piping is not the good quality material.

Most of the air con company will free removing for you..courts will have a charge on removing old air con.

Hope all this can help you.

Thanks for the info.

newbabycoming

Reaction score
To change or not to change?

Hello. I am not sure if the air con unit in our flat need changing.

Heavenly engineering came to service our 15 year old 5 Sanyo non inverter fan coils . They mentioned the units look dirty. Recommend change to Daikin.
The 3 bedroom AC have always been nice and cold. The living and dining combined area (approx 30m2) currently have 2 fan coils (12,00BTU and 18,00BTU) sharing one compressor. The 18,000 BTU fan coil occasionally does not blow cold, especially on warm afternoons.

Heavenly engineering quote approx 6k to change all 5 fan coils to Daikin. No mention if piping will be changed, or if inverter system.

Got another quote from gain city, to change all 5 fan coils to Panasonic inverter system, with hacking and change of piping for 8k.

The thing is, our third baby is coming in 3 weeks time. I am not sure if I am considering changing the aircon just because my pregnant brain wants everything to be new (yes I just dry cleaned the curtains, got father in law to repaint bedroom, and am in process of mega spring clean), or the air con really needs changing because it can't get cold anymore, even after gas top up at addtional charge by service men few weeks ago.

Look forward to your opinions. I don't trust my own. And husband is overseas till due date. Argh.

Thanks

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
To linusz,

Outdoor unit: SCM80ZJ-S 1 x (32,400 BTU)
Indoor units:
SRK25ZJ-S1 3 x (9,000 BTU)
SRK50ZJ-S1 1 x (18,000 BTU)

Can someone please advise:
(1) Any difference between AmarFlex and Thermaflex brands?
My air con system at my house is use the amarflex brand insulation..recommended by my air con installer..so far no any sweating problem happen.

(2) Class 0 better than Class 1?
I use class 1,because last time i remember the sales person told me that class 0 is not much different with class 1,fire resistance only.

(3) Need to indicate on invoice to include BCA certified contractor?
Air-Con Installer should have BCA license.

(4) Need to indicate on invoice to vacuum the copper pipe before releasing refrigerant?
During the installation, i noticed that my installer got vacumm the copper piping 1st,they tell me the copper piping need to be clean.

(5) Do we get to keep the old aircon? Or the contractor take the old units? Any use for it? Trade in?
My installer dismantle and dispose the unit for me..dont want to dispose by my own.

(6) Which is the more attractive package, or other things to look out for?
I recommend mitsubishi heavy because so far it did not bring any trouble for me,its very quiet and cool.

Before i want to purchase air con,i got compare price with gc,nc n ctaircon...finally i decide to purchase with ctaircon..because their salesman is very nice n keep following my quotation,pricing also quite competitive..so far the workmanship also not bad..all touch up nicely..mine one is MHI system 3.

Hope All this can help you.

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Uh, based on my layman research comparing Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Panasonic,

For 9k BTU units, the MHI is much much quieter than the Pansonic. (MHI 21-34 dbA vs Pana 29-40 dbA)

For 21k BTU units, they are both similarly noisy under load. (MHI 26 - 46 dBA vs Pana 38 - 47 dBA)

(based on downloadable pdf brochures from their sites, I pasted the links a few posts above)

Hi all,
For Panasonic and MHI inverters, which one is better?
Also, the price? Think MHI is more ex?
Getting confused - a lot of 'cleaning mould' technologies.

Hi aircon people,
Do we need SWG22 if trunking runs behind cupboard?
Upgrade from SWG23 to SWG22 will be how much approx, ah?

Hi Felali,
Which one you bought after all? Panasonic or MHI?

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
I recommend mitsubishi heavy because so far it did not bring any trouble for me,its very quiet and cool.

Before i want to purchase air con,i got compare price with gc,nc n ctaircon...finally i decide to purchase with ctaircon..because their salesman is very nice n keep following my quotation,pricing also quite competitive..so far the workmanship also not bad..all touch up nicely..mine one is MHI system 3.

The workmanship good is it? Most shops quote SWG23.
One quote SWG22, another quote SWG24. Need to get so good SWG22 or not?

How about Panasonic inverter? They seem like old very brand, first to launch inverter. Any good feedback?

terumo

Reaction score
linusz,

First brand to launch inverter aircon is Toshiba.
But the brand that made inverter famous is Daikin. (IMO)
G22 is of a thicker pipe, if your pipes are concealed, it is recommended.

Last edited:

felali

Reaction score
Hi Felali,
Which one you bought after all? Panasonic or MHI?

Haven't decide, cos getting the HDB house 2nd half of the year...

My current house (parent's) sys2 air-con that I bought last January is a MHI, so far so good.

kaweng

Reaction score
kaweng,

How many times ur light blink and stop?

It just blink slowly.
This company called back and tell me need 350 to change 1 wiring so to change 3 need $1050. Don't really feel comfortable. Really desperate liao so got another contact from my wife's friend. Came down on the same day to access. Told me cable broke so not enough power to aircon. Charge me $350 to change all 3 cable. Came down last sun to change and show me that they are using keystone cable(not sure good or not)
At least now all aircon working nicely.

In singapore weather, got airon also headache, no aircon also headache.

SWQ1621

Reaction score
Hi guys.. Juz wanna check with u guys... If I buying new aircon system 2,they will change the piping everything rite? Trunking all? Without additional charges.. All I went to check out is all put free installation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.