Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To user109s, do u use all 4 units @ the same time? If not, i feel that its not necessary to get the 38k btu outdoor.

daryl86

Reaction score
Any review on EuropAce ? Saw courts selling at $2699 for an inverter system 3 model is esacm428/esaca09fcx2 + 12fc. BTU is 28k with free EW and 32 inches LED TV. Sales person say its using ME parts. Is this a good buy ?

iMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

wltiaw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking of replacing my mcquay with daikin.

Gotten a quote from pxxsi0nair:
R22 (use back existing pipes)
3mkd75 w.1x35d+2x25d=s$2500
3mkd75 w.2x35d=s$2900

R410
3mks71 w.1x35d+2x35d=s$3100
3mks71 w.2x35d=s$3400

Option:
Pressure test s$100/indoor unit
New pipe install s$500/indoor unit

Is this a fair quote?

terumo

Reaction score
To wltiaw,

New piping seems a bit high, r u staying in pte property where the pipes r concealed?

wltiaw

Reaction score
Hi guru:

I am staying in condo. And current air cons system is about ten years old already.
All pipes are concealed inside false walls and ceilings.

So other than pipe installation cost, the rest of daikin is quoted at fair price?

I was told by other dealer selling both daikin and me that me latest r410 system could use back the existing r22pipes, however only me can do and daikin can't.

Have u ever heard of such thing?

iMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guru:

I am staying in condo. And current air cons system is about ten years old already.
All pipes are concealed inside false walls and ceilings.

So other than pipe installation cost, the rest of daikin is quoted at fair price?

I was told by other dealer selling both daikin and me that me latest r410 system could use back the existing r22pipes, however only me can do and daikin can't.

Have u ever heard of such thing?

There are a few thing to consider...

1. Are the old pipe correct size for the new system. If not, change to new pipe.

2. Are there any old R22 refrigerant oil traps in the old pipe? You will damage your new aircon if the old R22 refrigerant oil mixed into your new aircon running on R410 refrigerant.

3. Will Daikin VOID your warranty if their technician found out the new compressor is damage by old R22 oil because you never change the pipe.

terumo

Reaction score
This is a grey area for the reusing back of piping.

I feel that if correct installation steps are taken, the pipes can be reused if there are no leaking issues.

Need to vacuum the gas pipes before testing & commissioning which is an important step of the process.

Combine.Jason

Reaction score
Hi all we are from Combine Trading Enterprise Pte Ltd & are new to hardwarezone but just want to offer you guys $15.00 per fan coil servicing! T & C applies

Job scope during servicing :
1. Cleaning & washing of filters
2. Clean & check evaporator and condenser coil
3. Clean blower and fan blades
4. Vaccuming of drainage pipe
5. Check abnormal noise and vibration
6. Visual check of refrigerant pressure
7. Tightening of electrical terminals
8. Cleaning of fan coil and condenser unit housing
9. Testing & commissioning

Stretch your dollar!!
Call us now @ 6788 2216(office hour) or 9880 9808(after office hour) to make your appointment with us! or like us on Facebook to get access to regular offers and promotions!

wltiaw

Reaction score
Thanks for all your inputs.
Think I will stick to daikin r22 systems as I don't want to take the risk and complication of reusing the r22 pipes for a different refrigerant.

kesavkar1976

Reaction score
how about sharp airconditoner...?

Sharp system 3 inverter airconditioner offer price $2199 at gain city..
Anybody got experience using on Sharp airconitioner

Masharno Wolfe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been told that installing aircon on utility room is illegal by Courts. Is this true? Moving into a new flat, there's a aircon there already bit spoiled. Only want to install the air con unit, the compressor will be outside MBR.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Masharno Wolfe,

Believe the utility room you are referring to is the hdb housing shelter?
If it is the case then yup it's illegal but since there is an existing aircon there then maybe u can try to nego with them I supposed.

See link below:

http://http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/building-professionals/cd-shelter/household-shelters.html

Hope the above info helps

Been told that installing aircon on utility room is illegal by Courts. Is this true? Moving into a new flat, there's a aircon there already bit spoiled. Only want to install the air con unit, the compressor will be outside MBR.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just went to gain city.

Now Daikin $869 is cheaper then panasonic $879 for system 1 inverter.

my plan is to get 2 system 1 panasonic (it was a $200 different 6 month ago) and use the spare money to upgrade exten warranty and better pipe.

maybe now it Daikin.

anyone why Daikin come cheaper then panasonic

Masharno Wolfe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Masharno Wolfe,

Believe the utility room you are referring to is the hdb housing shelter?
If it is the case then yup it's illegal but since there is an existing aircon there then maybe u can try to nego with them I supposed.

See link below:

http://http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/building-professionals/cd-shelter/household-shelters.html

Hope the above info helps

The utility room is one added during an upgrading project, its like a tiny tiny bedroom with windows. Looking at the floorplan there aren't any thick black lines around the room.

In any case if end up not able to get the aircon unit on the wall, apparently casement units are okay so I'll have to go with that. Only concern is if its going to be noisy or not, seems like there's only one model of casement unit available (europace)

Kalluri

Reaction score
Dear All,

Did anybody purchased from CT Aircon before. How is their service and installation.

I called them today for System 3 Aircon

Starmax -- 2890$ (Inclusive of Gst + Installation )
Heavy Industries -- 2695$ ( Inclusive of Gst + Installation )

The prices are very less compared to other ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.