Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_tzarh

Reaction score
hi guys after looking at the fourm abt air con still quite blur on getting one... need to ask a few noob questions hopefully some bros can help. cos i planing to get 1 ac for 1 of my rm not mbr (btw i'm staying in 3 rm flat) so my questions is 1. is there any difference between portable ac than split ac(other than is portable) does portable ac need servicing? 2. cos i saw courts having a cool zone promotion and i saw a LG BSUQ096B85A for $999 itz good deal.? cos currently dunno to get a portable ac or split ac pls advice tyvm[/QUOTE

How was it?

laied88@hotmail.com

Reaction score
My aircon in my HDB also just broke down... I'm thinking to change it to Mitsubishi Electric Inverter...

Anyone has any idea on the best place to purchase it ? Gain City promo $Mitsubishi Electric Inverter MSY-GW10VA (indoor) MXY-3A28VA (outdoor) $3,149.00 $150.00 (bracket) $3,299.00

Hi bro, the price that you had being offered for ME inverter (presuming all 3x 9k) is pretty high...

I had just ordered from mine and I paid about $2750 with those good brands of installation materials included... If bracket is needed to be changed, an additional $100.

You may also go to Mega Discount Store at Kallang which they are quoting at $2899 inclusive of good installation materials.

Have a good day .

essilor86

Reaction score
Hi guys please help!
I need to install system 4 to replace old aircon urgently, looking at MXY4A28VA 2x9k btu and 2x13k btu. If Mitsubishi Starmex 28A compressor enough to cool or need higher btu compressor? Please recommend a reliable company/installer with good workmanship urgently.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any guru can suggest what system should I get? Its for my new 4 rooms BTO.

Planning to A/Cs for all 3 rooms + living room.

Should i go for System 4 or System 3 + 1 or 2 + 2? :zonia:

Usage pattern will be in the night for the rooms (Just masterbed room + 1 other room at times) , and at hot days , will on A/C for living room only.

essilor86

Reaction score
To essilor86,

How is ur usage @ night/day time?

Hi Terumo, usage will be at night 9pm-9am everynight for 2 rooms 9k btu. As for other 2 fancoil few nights/week or only when hot. My current aircon is system 3 ME mr.slim, staying in 5 room flat my bill is $350-400/month. So need to change urgently! Pls advise.

If i take system 4 1/2" insulation dunno the trunking can reuse or not bcos my existing one is system 3.

Combine.Jason

Reaction score
Hello all. This is jason from Combine Trading, an air-conditioning firm. Right now we are offering a residents special's price!

63% OFF aircon servicing! 2 aircon servicing + steam cleaning(CU) at $50 only!(u.p $136) T&C

More information on what we do during servicing :
1. Cleaning & washing of filters
2. Clean & check evaporator and condenser coil
3. Clean blower and fan blades
4. Vaccuming of drainage pipe
5. Check abnormal noise and vibration
6. Visual check of refrigerant pressure
7. Tightening of electrical terminals
8. Cleaning of fan coil and condenser unit housing
9. Testing & commisioning

Feel free to visit our website or facebook page! ( just search combine trading enterprise pte ltd

If interested, please call us at 6788 2216/ 9880 9808 for more enquires!

terumo

Reaction score
To essilor86,

If 1/2 insulation, ur current trunking should not be able to reuse as it is too small.
4a28 is enough for 4 fcu as u duh on all @ the same time.

terumo

Reaction score
To ralliart_ray,

Based on ur usage, sys 4 should be better for u.
Since u duh on all 4 @ the same time.

essilor86

Reaction score
Hi Terumo, yes 1/2" insulation can't fit my existing trunking. I was advised to use 3/8 if I want to get system 4, do you think I should go ahead? What other alternatives do I have?
My existing trunking condense and leak water and I am afraid the same thing will happen. Can rc a realiable installer or company?

terumo

Reaction score
If ur existing trunking is meant for sys 3, even if 3/8 insulation, the trunking cant be reused for sys 4. (IMO) You will end up squeezing the insulation which will lead to condensation in future.
PM for contact.

Last edited:

Kooosh

Reaction score
Looking to get Sys3 inverter for my house. Preferably by Daikin but open to Mitsubishi Electronics. And preferably that clean and green "gas" that the unit uses. Forgotten the name haha..

Need recommendations for this. Initially wanted to go for Courts but it seems like they don't carry Daikin according to their website.

LesPaulSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If ur existing trunking is meant for sys 3, even if 3/8 insulation, the trunking cant be reused for sys 4. (IMO) You will end up squeezing the insulation which will lead to condensation in future.
PM for contact.

If my existing trunking is for Sys 3, can I reuse it just for Single Sys? Reason is because, the other 2 rooms, we decided not to replace the air con ~

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i change from system 2 to system 1?
my current aircon sometime blow only normal air and need to restart few times in order for it to blow cold air. is it faulty?

lcwei96094

Reaction score
Hi terumo,

Any comment on Hitachi Inverter AC?
We went to GC yesterday and the salesman managed to persuade us to get Hitachi instead of the two Mitsu.
The main selling point to us is the compressor is 23k BTU. We are doing a Sys 2 (9k BTU x 2) only. So in future we can add a unit in living area.
We tried to look for information online but the resources are so limited. We are thinking whether to just play safe and go back to Mitsu E.

Any comment?

Thank you.

Last edited:

ratsalad

Reaction score
Just got a quote for Mitsubitshi Electric Starmex System 4

28k BTU (9k x 3, 18k x 1)

Armaflex 1/2" Class 1, 16mm drainage pipe, G23 copper pipe, local made wiring

$37XX

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a quote for Mitsubitshi Electric Starmex System 4

28k BTU (9k x 3, 18k x 1)

Armaflex 1/2" Class 1, 16mm drainage pipe, G23 copper pipe, local made wiring

$37XX

Dont get Mitsubishi.. It will gives problems after 2 years plus of usages... Mine giving problems on a monthly basis... The problem is the Master Dealer! Avoid BestTech at all cost! They seem like they dunno what they are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.