Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, went down to courts to ask about aircon recently, seems like they highly recommend fujitsu brand at the moment cos of some smart chip feature. Know nuts about air-con, so am looking for a good Sys3 for my parents' HDB house. Any advice?

The model is:-

Fujitsu Sys 3 Inverter
AOAG24LAT3 / ASAG09LJ x3
CU 24K / FCU 9K x3
At the price of $3,139

Or is there any other choices/brands I should look out for? Thanks!

Do not buy Fujitsu.

My Fujitsu Inverter broke so many times, the actual cost of the unit over 5 years costs more than $8K ! Sometimes blower working but not cold at all.

I think today it finally died.

DarkBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fujitsu nowadays are generally considered OK, compared to 5 years ago.

Facebook: tiosspteltd

Better to buy proven brands, that has good track record.

Redo air-con piping & installation, need incur extra cost because my interior design specially designed with wood to cover up the piping. Imagine young couples getting need BTO with no experience.

No more penny wise, pounds foolish.

ghost_83

Reaction score
Better to buy proven brands, that has good track record.

Redo air-con piping & installation, need incur extra cost because my interior design specially designed with wood to cover up the piping. Imagine young couples getting need BTO with no experience.

No more penny wise, pounds foolish.

The best option is not to conceal trunking. You will never know when you'll need to replace them.

Anyway, the quality of the aircon unit should have nothing to do with the trunking. :s11:

kev1234

Reaction score
Do not buy aircons from Best Tech and Mitsubishi

Hi,

I am unable to recommend an aircon agent or brand to go for but i can certainly recommend that you do not go with Best Tech and Mitsubishi.

I got a Mitsubishi Inverter system 4 from Best Tech late last yr and only started using it when I got married early this year. Immediately, I realised that the aircon power was weak in all the rooms and in some rooms, the aircon would give a running water sound. In addition, when it rained hard, water would leak into my master bedroom through the conduit that connects the compressor unit to the aircons in my flat.

It took weeks before Best Tech and the Mitsubishi technicians would agree to change the compressor unit and put some sealant to the conduit.

But the problem was not solved. The aircon in my study room would blow hot and cold - literally! Somedays the aircon would be strong and other days, it would be weak. But it still produces the running water sound from time to time.

However, a new problem has emerged. A foul and pungent smell is released when I switch on the aircon in my master bedroom.

I keep getting problems from Best Tech and Mitsubishi despite paying thousands of dollars for their lousy product. I tell them to com down to solve my problem and till this day, nothing is solved. Bloody idiots they are!

kev1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I am unable to recommend an aircon agent or brand to go for but i can certainly recommend that you do not go with Best Tech and Mitsubishi. I bought mine at Best Tech IMM.

I got a Mitsubishi Inverter system 4 from Best Tech late last yr and only started using it when I got married early this year. Immediately, I realised that the aircon power was weak in all the rooms and in some rooms, the aircon would give a running water sound. In addition, when it rained hard, water would leak into my master bedroom through the conduit that connects the compressor unit to the aircons in my flat.

It took weeks before Best Tech and the Mitsubishi technicians would agree to change the compressor unit and put some sealant to the conduit.

But the problem was not solved. The aircon in my study room would blow hot and cold - literally! Somedays the aircon would be strong and other days, it would be weak. But it still produces the running water sound from time to time.

However, a new problem has emerged. A foul and pungent smell is released when I switch on the aircon in my master bedroom.

I keep getting problems from Best Tech and Mitsubishi despite paying thousands of dollars for their lousy product. I tell them to com down to solve my problem and till this day, nothing is solved. Bloody idiots they are!

acidobass

Reaction score
Price check

Hi, just got the quote from my dealer after a site survey.

- mitsubishi inverter system 1 9000btu+bracket + power supply = $1550.

Need AC for my room which is not the MBR. I don't have the bracket & power supply. Piping needs to go from MBR through storeroom to my room. Staying in a 3NG. AC only on during sleep. Is the price quoted ok? And should I go for non-inverter instead? need your advice. TIA

Omeprazolel

Reaction score
Anyone bought air-con from Gain City?? Are they good?? Was quoted $2050 Sys2 Inverter Mit HI + $150 for bracket and $359 for 5yrs warranty. Any way to bargain the price?

Find it weird... Price $2050 given does not incl the $359 5yrs warranty.
I was quoted:

Installation warranty 3 years.

Excluded items are as follow,

Stainless Steel Bracket = $150.00
Upgrade 1/2" Armaflex Insulation = $120.00
Upgrade SWG 22 copper pipe = $60.00
Dismantle & disposal old aircon = $0
1+4 years Extended Warranty = $399 for Mitsubishi Heavy & $439 Mitsubishi Electric respectively

Installation lead time is approximately 3 to 4 weeks from date of purchase.

Previously MXY3A28VA System 3 Inverter was $3199, now it went up to S$ 3,649.00,
to add up those extra, will cost me close to $4K.

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought a mitsubishi heavy sys 4 invertor @ 3950.
price reasonable ?

kardon

Reaction score
Hi..received a quote from a contractor but subsequently the contractor was uncontactable :s11: Anybody can recommend a good contractor for a ME System 2. Thanks

hey try this company hydrocool aircon engineering look for peter 85797988

maxmuzzer00

Reaction score
Just want to share on my experience with All Best IMM.

I have bought an air-con STARMEX INVERTER from them on 4th July and the salesman have told us we do not need to change our piping as it was the more durable kind that were used 10 years ago. Subsequently, the technician came to install late last week and by saturday, the aircon is not blowing cold air. We called them up and the same technician came over and said the gas pressure is leaking and will have to change the piping. This is ridiculous! We only have the aircon for 2 days! And to add on, the technician said it is due to the new refrigerant R410A that were used on the new aircon. Why they did not inform us early!?

Any aircon experts here can recommend me on what will best for this case? All Best suggested to change pipes or should I call another company for a second opinion?

Thanks.

bberry

Reaction score
Just want to share on my experience with All Best IMM.

I have bought an air-con STARMEX INVERTER from them on 4th July and the salesman have told us we do not need to change our piping as it was the more durable kind that were used 10 years ago. Subsequently, the technician came to install late last week and by saturday, the aircon is not blowing cold air. We called them up and the same technician came over and said the gas pressure is leaking and will have to change the piping. This is ridiculous! We only have the aircon for 2 days! And to add on, the technician said it is due to the new refrigerant R410A that were used on the new aircon. Why they did not inform us early!?

Any aircon experts here can recommend me on what will best for this case? All Best suggested to change pipes or should I call another company for a second opinion?

Thanks.

i supposed u just wanna changed the aircon only, right?

so no big deal la, just change pipes lor. even if you have done the test and found out that it was already leaking, u also need to change pipes.

if change pipe, i suggest u get outside aircon contractor.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
any brand/model to recommend for window aircon ?

my room is the old hdb flat 1.

9000 btu enough for a polar bear for me ?

Last edited:

mikelhw

Reaction score
As a midea user, I satisfied with the system performance.
For jap brand, only misubishi electric is ok, others have a lot quality feedback.
Good luck for whatever you choose.

rollertoaster

Banned
Reaction score
anyone can recommend a budget no-frills non-invertor system 3 aircon for my rental apartment? main thing is that it must be reliable, last long and easy to maintain....and can withstand abuse by tenants!

looking at something around 2k or less and don't mind last year's models.

btw, can we use back the old piplings and trunks?

rollertoaster

Banned
Reaction score
another related question - I am thinking of moving an 6 year air con system from one apartment to another. just the condensor unit and fancoils.

1. is it feasible/advisable?

2. is it economical? it's like buying a 2nd hand unit only that the 2nd hand unit is from oneself.

any experts on such matters? thks!

terumo

Reaction score
To rollertoaster,

If the units are in good condition and seldom used, you can consider to relocate.
Aircon lifespan ard 5-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.