Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex Tan

Reaction score
I ask my previous installer, they do give warranty for the machine, but they don't warranty for existing pipe

Thanks, so far, Gain City and Coolserve has advised me that there will be no warranty from Toshiba if I reuse my old R22 pipes.

Called Toshiba service center to check, and the response was that their units should never be used with old R22 pipes.

Would be great if there was an official publication of their warranty terms. Don't know who to believe now.

Edit: Btw, GC staff advised me that only LG, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Starmex officially covers their warranty for reusing of old R22 piping.

mrairc

Reaction score
I ask my previous installer, they do give warranty for the machine, but they don't warranty for existing pipe
Installer ( contractor) only give material workmanship warranty , Machine warranty is by air con agent ( Brand of the air con) not the same company . :)

Last edited:

warslayer

Reaction score
aircon advice needed urgently..

Hi guys

I need some advice .. my aircon was serviced by this person called A*** from K* Engineering (I googled and found him from some forum recommendations) .. he came to repair my aircon - replaced a motor capacitor and cleaned it for $155 altogether. Spent about an hour. We tested the aircon and seems ok, although we didn't on it long enough to realise it's not as cold as before.

The 2nd or 3rd day, we realised that the aircon is really not as cold as it used to be.. we thought could be the way we tuned the remote control so we adjusted it a bit and decided to try it for a while more..

About 2 weeks on, we realised the aircon is really not as 'chillingly' cold as before. So I called A*** for advice. He says could be the compressor and has to maybe change the whole set.. but he needs to take a look before he can tell... and he is charging another $20 just to come and take a look again.

My question is.. is there supposed to be a warranty sort of thing for the first time he repaired for me? Am I covered under some kind of law? I mean, if he didn't managed to get it repaired the first time, and he charged me $155 for it already, and did not managed to solve my problem, isn't this his problem and he should be responsible for it? And now he wants to charge me again for transport (if I didn't subsequently take on his advice to change/repair stuff) or repair (change of compressor or whole aircon), is this the way the aircon service industry works? Sorry but my aircon never spoil before until now so a bit not well informed.

Thanks to all.

terumo

Reaction score
to warslayer,

Usually after repair, there should be a 30 days warranty.
This warranty covers the basic transport.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro. I have checked.. reusing of old copper tubing tat holds r22 gas is reusable and it does not void the warranty of the equipment. UNLESS the installer cannot make it la...

Installer ( contractor) only give material workmanship warranty , Machine warranty is by air con agent ( Brand of the air con) not the same company . :)

Thanks all for your replies - guess must get a trustworthy installer to do a good job on flushing and cleaning the R22 pipes to be R410A ready.

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi guys

I need some advice .. my aircon was serviced by this person called A*** from K* Engineering (I googled and found him from some forum recommendations) .. he came to repair my aircon - replaced a motor capacitor and cleaned it for $155 altogether. Spent about an hour. We tested the aircon and seems ok, although we didn't on it long enough to realise it's not as cold as before.

The 2nd or 3rd day, we realised that the aircon is really not as cold as it used to be.. we thought could be the way we tuned the remote control so we adjusted it a bit and decided to try it for a while more..

About 2 weeks on, we realised the aircon is really not as 'chillingly' cold as before. So I called A*** for advice. He says could be the compressor and has to maybe change the whole set.. but he needs to take a look before he can tell... and he is charging another $20 just to come and take a look again.

My question is.. is there supposed to be a warranty sort of thing for the first time he repaired for me? Am I covered under some kind of law? I mean, if he didn't managed to get it repaired the first time, and he charged me $155 for it already, and did not managed to solve my problem, isn't this his problem and he should be responsible for it? And now he wants to charge me again for transport (if I didn't subsequently take on his advice to change/repair stuff) or repair (change of compressor or whole aircon), is this the way the aircon service industry works? Sorry but my aircon never spoil before until now so a bit not well informed.

Thanks to all.
Transport charges I don't think can refund , u can call them to refund back the motor capacitor money . if I not wrong your air con is more then 5 years old . :)

ak1981

Banned
Reaction score
Andykoh1981 kanna ban loh... says selling products... not sure if there are any moderators he can talk to

bo liao

Reaction score
Just placed a deposit with them for a System 3 Panasonic $2749 with $160 vouchers, installing next week, the salesgirl told us that workmanship is guaranteed for 18 months, will update you guys, cheers.

PM me the number or post here, who to look for also..thx..

BuShuang

Reaction score
looking to get a new system 4 aircon and reroute existing piping for a five room flat. anybody can give a quotation for the work?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My last encounter with Gain City was, compressor and installation (includes piping and electrical cable) has a warranty of 5 years. The rest of the parts has a warranty of 3 years.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was quoted Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 for around 2600$+, with removal of old a/c and piping.

I would like to know whether this Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and the strongly advertised Mitsubishi Starmex are the same or not?

I was told by the Dr. Cool staff that both from the same manufacturer, but different dealer who market it differently.

If so, are the performance of both same specification of their aircon system the same?

Anyway, I just bought a resale flat that comes with Toshiba RAS-3M20UAX5. Searched on the internet revealed that this is a 1 tick non-inverter. My concern is whether this system 3 very power guzzling?

I also have a small upgraded utilty room at the back of my kitchen. The dimension is around 2.3 by 2.2 m, which I intend to use it as my gym room. I'm wondering what kind of cooling system I can install that would not take any space in the room?

Please advise.

Thanks.

mrairc

Reaction score
i was quoted Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 for around 2600$+, with removal of old a/c and piping.

I would like to know whether this Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and the strongly advertised Mitsubishi Starmex are the same or not?

I was told by the Dr. Cool staff that both from the same manufacturer, but different dealer who market it differently.

If so, are the performance of both same specification of their aircon system the same?

Anyway, I just bought a resale flat that comes with Toshiba RAS-3M20UAX5. Searched on the internet revealed that this is a 1 tick non-inverter. My concern is whether this system 3 very power guzzling?

I also have a small upgraded utilty room at the back of my kitchen. The dimension is around 2.3 by 2.2 m, which I intend to use it as my gym room. I'm wondering what kind of cooling system I can install that would not take any space in the room?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Dr cool air con price is a bit high ...Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Mitsubishi Starmex is not the same company .
Toshiba RAS-3M20UAX5 . is good not must complaint . Try to test run your old air con for 6 -9 hour , if is cool why u need to change ?

mrairc

Reaction score
looking to get a new system 4 aircon and reroute existing piping for a five room flat. anybody can give a quotation for the work?
just look for Saturday the straits times news paper many promotion and discount this two month , slower take your time :)

mrairc

Reaction score
workmanship more impt than price bro
pls don't copy lay ....hahaha

A bit high ....look for some more other air con company ( 3C70 wiring FCU ) for Inverter air con is better us 4C70 wiring . coz running amp is high .( Important is the Workmanship warranty is how many year ?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! will try out your advice.

Dr cool air con price is a bit high ...Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Mitsubishi Starmex is not the same company .
Toshiba RAS-3M20UAX5 . is good not must complaint . Try to test run your old air con for 6 -9 hour , if is cool why u need to change ?

ak1981

Banned
Reaction score
They didn't mention use what type of materials . how u know is good bro ?

No offence to TS...

i Was refering to the 3c70 wiring. Good materials is 23gauge cooper tubes, 12mm drainage pipes and 1/2 inches armaflex insulation...

70 wiring for outdoor unit, 40 for indoor unit...

Still dunno reason my previous andykoh1981 account banned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.