Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teach_Me

Reaction score
Charges to change pipes

Anyone know what is the estimated charges to change the piping in a condo?? My existing piping is close to 10 years and i did think of changing the pipes together with changing my existing system 3. The blower in my master bedroom is always not cold.

I got 2 quotes for the pipes. 1 quote me for ~$450 per room (x3) while the other quote me flat pricing of $1500.

Is the charges about right??

biatche

Reaction score
Need some advice.

Gonna get MSY-GJ10VA (Mitsubishi inverter)

I want to have it installed optimally.

What "better parts" go with it?

So I've been informed to get Inaba Denko paircoil (6.35*0.81 + 9.52*0.81). Are there any other parts that require 'special order' that regular aircon installers do not often include?

Also, to install this pair coil, there some special tools needed? Or will any air con installer know what to do?

Also is 0.71 thickness sufficient for R410A?

initial_2004

Reaction score
Looking for new Air Con.

5 Room Hdb. Looking for a System 4 unit. Any Recommendation ? Need a new unit for my baby. Either Panasonic or Starmex, but told that panasonic only have smaller btu condenser.

What is market price now? Which company or air con supplier is better? Can any one pm me ur quotation or recommendation .

Thanks.

Try to reading few pages of the forum thread. There is alot of item n condition to be take note. Lucky to found this forum.

Thanks in advance.

peacefoo

Reaction score
Dear all

Need some advice please

Im thinking of changing my masteroom ac (12years national Non inverter) cos its abit noisy serviceman say rubber loosen) but my other 2rooms ac still gd cos nobody stay never use. But its better to change all 3 than 1 right?

Actually will b renting out my flat next year so changing to inverter or non inverter more sense?

Pls help me evaluate midea or europace better?both abt $2300 sys 3 inverter

If i change to inverter is it better to change piping or leave it? Gain city will offer rebate for not changie piping?
Salesman keep recommending midea. My piping all trunkg not conceal need to upgrade or can use whats offered standard by gain city?

Thanks so much!

terumo

Reaction score
To Teach_Me,

For condo, usually have to get them to come down to see for a accurate quote.

To biatche,
I think normal g23/22 piping with Armaflex insulation will be good enough.

To initial_2004,
Will u be using all 4 units together most of the time?
If not a 27k btu compressor will be good enough, which Panasonic have for 27k btu.

smiley73

Reaction score
For insulation generally ppl use armaflex, how is yamato or k-flex quality compare to armaflex
Any advice

justonenonly

Reaction score
Inverter System 4 - 9k BTU x 2 + 12k BTU x 1+ 18k BTU x 1

Hi all,

Looking at Inverter System 4 and shortlisted the following options:

1) MHI SCM80 (32k) with SRK25 (9k) x 2 + SRK35 (12k) x 1 + SRK50 (18k) x 1 ($39xx)
2) Daikin 4MKS80 (34k) with FTKS25 (9k) x 2 + FTKS35 (12k) x 1 + FTKS50 (18k) x 1 ($4,6xx)
3) ME 4A28VA (28k) with GE10VA (9k) x 2 + GE13VA (12k) x 1 + GE18VA (18k) x 1 ($3,9xx)

Includes 1/2" armaflex, G23 copper, 16mm water pipe, keystone/tai sin cabling, and standard HDB installation (up to 15 metres).

Two questions to seek your recommendations:
1) Are the pricing reasonable?
2) Which of the brand options would be better (and why) in terms of:
(a) reliability/durability
(b) ease of maintenance/self-clean
(c) service and support

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To justonenonly,
MHI should be cheaper then Mit Electric.
Among the 3, i will choose Mit Electric as its the most value for money.

aiugust68

Reaction score
Is workmanship an issue if reusing piping?

Hi All,

Due to conceal piping, changing them would be a hassel, as such I intend to use back my current piping and just replace my system 3.

I got three quotations for the system 3 which i intended to have but there seems to be a huge price difference

1) Gain City = $2XXX
2) Contractor A = Gain City + $150
3) Contractor B = Gain City - $350

Contractor A is highly recommended for his workmanship, but it seems that he is charging a lot. Was thinking if i should engage him or get the one that offers the lowest price as i am not going to replace my piping.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions.

starch1990

Reaction score
Hi

My house`s sys 3 Sanyo has a problem..whenever my parents room turn on their AC, the unit in my room will have no cold air at all. as soon as they off their`s, the cold air will start generating in my room`s ac unit.

it does not affect my brother,s unit

Any idea what may cause this..?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Starch1990,

Based on description chances are your system is lacking in gas.

Is your system a non inverter?

For non inverters there are 2 compressors. Let's call them compressor A and compressor B.
Chances are your parent's unit and your unit is linked to compressor A and your brother's unit is linked to compressor B which is why he is not affected.

When the compressor is lacking in gas, the cooling efficiency of the units will be compromised. Chances are the gas in compressor A is only sufficient to support 1 unit hence whoever turn on the aircon first will get a much better cooling effect whereas the one that turns on the aircon later will not have cold air.

Which is also why when your parents turn off their unit, your unit is able to cool down your room.

When was the last time you had your aircon serviced?
Best that you get your contractor to come down for a check.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi

My house`s sys 3 Sanyo has a problem..whenever my parents room turn on their AC, the unit in my room will have no cold air at all. as soon as they off their`s, the cold air will start generating in my room`s ac unit.

it does not affect my brother,s unit

Any idea what may cause this..?

starch1990

Reaction score
Hello Starch1990,

Based on description chances are your system is lacking in gas.

Is your system a non inverter?

For non inverters there are 2 compressors. Let's call them compressor A and compressor B.
Chances are your parent's unit and your unit is linked to compressor A and your brother's unit is linked to compressor B which is why he is not affected.

When the compressor is lacking in gas, the cooling efficiency of the units will be compromised. Chances are the gas in compressor A is only sufficient to support 1 unit hence whoever turn on the aircon first will get a much better cooling effect whereas the one that turns on the aircon later will not have cold air.

Which is also why when your parents turn off their unit, your unit is able to cool down your room.

When was the last time you had your aircon serviced?
Best that you get your contractor to come down for a check.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
The funny thing is..even if i on mine first...and my room gets cooled down..as soon as my parents go on their ac then my room's ac will cease to generate any cool air. So the whoever on first thingy doesnt work.

My system is a inverter system.

And if it matters, my room and my parent's are set at 24degrees. The ac was installed 1 and a half years ago by Courts. Last serviced 4 months ago

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Starch1990,

If this is the case, I would suspect that the outdoor thermistor that is attached to your particular unit is faulty. Either that or the expansion valve.

Did you purchase extended warranty for the aircon?
If you have extended the warranty, its a good time to have Courts come down for a check.
Otherwise you will most probably need to get your contractor to come down to do a check in order to determine the actual fault.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

The funny thing is..even if i on mine first...and my room gets cooled down..as soon as my parents go on their ac then my room's ac will cease to generate any cool air. So the whoever on first thingy doesnt work.

My system is a inverter system.

And if it matters, my room and my parent's are set at 24degrees. The ac was installed 1 and a half years ago by Courts. Last serviced 4 months ago

Spidie

Reaction score
Hi its my first time installing aircon. I am going to install a Sys 3 inverter in my house. Went to gain city ask for quotation already. The salesman told me the pricing for all 4 brands that I am looking at. LG - $3008 Mit Starmex - $3288 Mit Heavy Industries - $3198 and Toshiba - $3478. With extended warranty and upgrade to Armaflex 1/2 inch including metal brackets. Can someone advise me which model is the best value for money ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To plasticpistola,

If non inverter, there is only 1 compressor serving all 3 rooms.
Most likely the compressor should be ok.
Maybe ur fancoil is having some issues.

To katoboy,
I will chose Mit Electric.

I currently have a Toshiba inverter system 4. 1 room is cold, the other 3 not so cold or not cold. What can be the problem? Thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To twosix,

Maybe compressor sensor or pcb faulty.
Piping to confirm any leakage, need to do pressure test.

To Spidie,
Based on your quote from GC, i feel Mit Electric is the most value for money.

Spidie

Reaction score
To Terumo

So Starmex is the most value for money ? In your opinion is extended warranty needed for aircon. ? One year is abt slightly less than 60 dollars for 5 years is it worth getting ?.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.