Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerius

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, have a few questions here, hope the experienced bros here can give some pointers.

Currently I have 2 rooms with air con so I suppose its a system2 unit but one of the rooms is currently being rented out and we don actually allow the tenant to use the air con anyway. But since my air con has broken down in my room, I would need to replace it.

What is the feasible replacement for me? To get a system1 unit (and install the 2nd air con when i want it) or a system2 unit (but leaving 1 air con unused), assuming the rental room would not be using the air con for the next 2-4 years?

Any brands/models to recommend? thanks in advance!

Xrin

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows where I can purchase just the condenser/compressor alone? Mine is from Mitsubishi Electric inverter. Model no. MXY-3A28VA R1. Tried asking courts, gain City, they do not sell only the compressor. I need another one to run my living room air con. Thanks.

Cerius

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows where I can purchase just the condenser/compressor alone? Mine is from Mitsubishi Electric inverter. Model no. MXY-3A28VA R1. Tried asking courts, gain City, they do not sell only the compressor. I need another one to run my living room air con. Thanks.

I saw a shop along the shop houses at toa payoh central near COURTS, its just a small shop selling air cons, happened to pass by today as I was looking out, they do sell just the unit alone.

terumo

Reaction score
To Xrin,

U mean u have the blower unit install already?
U need additional 1 more outdoor unit?

Xrin

Reaction score
Terumo: I have 3 fancoil unit.
1. 26000 BTU (living rm)
2. 18000 BTU (MBR)
3. 10000 BTU
Considered my outdoor unit is underpowered. Only 28000.. So I need to get additional outdoor unit. Specifically for the living room.

donaldduck

Reaction score
Is it true that ME inverter system running R410a gas can be installed using existing piping installed for R22? All piping are concealed and I dread tearing everything apart to lay the new pipes! Otherwise I got to replace with daikin non inverter still running on R22.
My compressor for ME non inverter system 3 broke down and I was thinking of replacing with a new system.

AirProjectServices

Reaction score
Try to look for natural cool 4547117 or Tai wah air con 67458198 :)

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it tat the power point or cable canot b too far apart fr the compressor? Nt more than 1 meter

terumo

Reaction score
To Xrin,

If u r allowed to have 2 outdoor unit, then u can purchase another outdoor unit for the living room.

terumo

Reaction score
To Ronaldo88,

It is best to be as near as possible
But i feel that within 3-5 metres is fine.

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Ronaldo88,

It is best to be as near as possible
But i feel that within 3-5 metres is fine.

Salesman say due to high current,the longer the cable the heat generated higher..tendency to start fire..

Dysphoria

Reaction score
hi all, first of i want to say how useful this thread has been, i've gone from knowing absolutely NOTHING about airconditioning units to at least knowing some basic valuable stuff, very useful indeed.

Now, i'm looking to purchase a system 3 unit for my flat, at the moment i have an extremely old system 2 unit and an existing powersupply output for the condenser. However, it seems that according to the HDB website, my block was not fitted with higher electrical loading and according to them, if i use my existing approved air-con point is no issue BUT what i want to know is will there be any problems or adverse effects should i try to use my old powersupply point with these new system 3 units.

Also, based on useful information found in this thread, i have came across 3 websites offering decent prices, COOLSERVE, CT-Aircon & STL aircon, are there any other good recommendations for shops/websites where i won't get chopped?

Based on BTU calculators, it seems that i require about 9000BTU for each of my rooms, maybe one of the room's will require less because i can see usage in that room being particularly minimal, anything else i need to take note of?

Thank you all once again for the input and information, keep it going, the information that can be found here is more valuable than a 1000 salesmen haha!

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, first of i want to say how useful this thread has been, i've gone from knowing absolutely NOTHING about airconditioning units to at least knowing some basic valuable stuff, very useful indeed.

Now, i'm looking to purchase a system 3 unit for my flat, at the moment i have an extremely old system 2 unit and an existing powersupply output for the condenser. However, it seems that according to the HDB website, my block was not fitted with higher electrical loading and according to them, if i use my existing approved air-con point is no issue BUT what i want to know is will there be any problems or adverse effects should i try to use my old powersupply point with these new system 3 units.

Also, based on useful information found in this thread, i have came across 3 websites offering decent prices, COOLSERVE, CT-Aircon & STL aircon, are there any other good recommendations for shops/websites where i won't get chopped?

Based on BTU calculators, it seems that i require about 9000BTU for each of my rooms, maybe one of the room's will require less because i can see usage in that room being particularly minimal, anything else i need to take note of?

Thank you all once again for the input and information, keep it going, the information that can be found here is more valuable than a 1000 salesmen haha!

Aircon design...

terumo

Reaction score
To Ronaldo88,
Min is to use 3c70 cables, if 2.5mm will be even better.
If cable is of correct size, heat generated will be min.

terumo

Reaction score
To Dysphoria,

Using ur existing power point (if it is in good condition), there will not be any major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.