Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is the standard charges quoted by everyone

PowerPoint: $250
Stain Steel Bracket : $150

Extended warranty 1+ 4 (Include Fan coil and compressor)= $300 (Some (like GC, Courts) covers part of package some additional cost, some do not offer)
Installation warranty part of package( 3 years to 5 years)

Another important factor to be considered is installation time: Typically 1 month delay by the time Hot whether for this year will be over.

Need to negotiate : No transportation / Diagnostics charges
Support Time: Can they fix with in 72 working hours solve the problem or drag drag no spare-parts for 1 or 2 months.

I called some of the contractors directly for power point, I was quoted $150. Is this covers only Power point for Compressor or Include all Fan coil which is not sure.

Hope some deal out soon..
care to share your installer for power point?

evilrob

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can check, why no one talk about Toshiba aircon? Went to GC and was introduced Toshiba, the SM told me it's the only made in Japan compressor. So I thought the quality should be better?

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
To aLpHa-Ev7,

This price seems ok for 1/2 insulation upgrade.

Thanks Terumo.

Hoping all will go well with the installation, as I have one unit that is quite far from the compressor and the piping has to go through kitchen and the toilet to reach the FCU.

xtream

Reaction score
Dear all, need some help here. My relative is installing aircon soon but he got a built in cabinet that block the piping way. Is there any good and reliable carpenter to recommend to dismantle the built in cabinet and put in back after installed aircon?? Thanks in advance :)

gumpie

Reaction score
Has any bro here used this air con company, Cool Aire, before? Any feedback regarding their workmanship and quality of work?

I'm in quite a hurry to replace my current AC system before the arrival of our baby (~5 weeks), and many other companies have a longer lead time.

Lonewolf88

Reaction score
Midea aircon

Looking for a system 3 (living 18k btu + 2 bedroom 9k btu) + single split (master bedroom 9k btu), and Midea seems to be the lowest priced. On a super tight budget so it seems very attractive. But not sure the actual performance.

Very few users and reviews of Midea aircon.... i need to know the actual experience with this brand. Appreciate if more reviews are provided. Thanks.

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a system 3 (living 18k btu + 2 bedroom 9k btu) + single split (master bedroom 9k btu), and Midea seems to be the lowest priced. On a super tight budget so it seems very attractive. But not sure the actual performance.

Very few users and reviews of Midea aircon.... i need to know the actual experience with this brand. Appreciate if more reviews are provided. Thanks.

China brand...how is the pricing? Y nt get sys4..

huatboyz

Reaction score
you should try mitsubishi. I had my aircon serviced by a company servicing recently and they're quite good and inexpensive. heard that they does installation too. can try to call them at 93889301

Lonewolf88

Reaction score
China brand...how is the pricing? Y nt get sys4..

it cost $3408 from GC for sys3 + single split. other brands would have cost at least $4+k.

we use the master room aircon every night, worry if compressor breaks down then we will have no aircon. if master room aircon stands alone and it breaks down, i still can go to other rooms for aircon. is my perception right?

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it cost $3408 from GC for sys3 + single split. other brands would have cost at least $4+k.

we use the master room aircon every night, worry if compressor breaks down then we will have no aircon. if master room aircon stands alone and it breaks down, i still can go to other rooms for aircon. is my perception right?

Its gd tat u had thk ahead..i suppose its a hdb flat c..can hv 2 compressor?i no idea...pricing is cheap..no doubt...my bro got sys4 mit total cost 4.4k...i myself get sys2 at ard 2k total..ppl generally tends to sceptical abt china prdt quality...n they mostly take safer option buy mit,daikin,toshiba..mostly aircon are jap brands..unless u want to take chance..i din go for those established brand either....lastly do consider the energy savings in long run....my brand full load 1.72 haf load 0.72..

Last edited:

neoexploda

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone can intro air con installation for 2 units and when there a need, can add 1 more units.

I check out EuropAce brand, the salesman told me they are using Mitsubishi Compressor. Price is $2199 include installation.

Thank you all in advance!

Lonewolf88

Reaction score
Its gd tat u had thk ahead..i suppose its a hdb flat c..can hv 2 compressor?i no idea...pricing is cheap..no doubt...my bro got sys4 mit total cost 4.4k...i myself get sys2 at ard 2k total..ppl generally tends to sceptical abt china prdt quality...n they mostly take safer option buy mit,daikin,toshiba..mostly aircon are jap brands..unless u want to take chance..i din go for those established brand either....lastly do consider the energy savings in long run....my brand full load 1.72 haf load 0.72..

yes it's a 5rm flat. got ledge can put 2 compressors. which brand u using? install how long already? got any problem? how about aircon company who install for u? worksmanship also very impt so i'm looking for someone who can do a good job.

xtreme84

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone can intro air con installation for 2 units and when there a need, can add 1 more units.

I check out EuropAce brand, the salesman told me they are using Mitsubishi Compressor. Price is $2199 include installation.

Thank you all in advance!

I've had my EuropAce aircon for slightly more than a month now and have been using it almost everyday. Reused my 15 year-old piping and wiring as most of it is concealed by built-in wardrobe.

All my previous issues have been resolved (leaks, auto shutoff) and the new one works quite well. It's cool enough even at 26 degrees, though I have to say that it's a bit noisy. Overall I'm pleased with my purchase. The only question left is how long can it last.

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes it's a 5rm flat. got ledge can put 2 compressors. which brand u using? install how long already? got any problem? how about aircon company who install for u? worksmanship also very impt so i'm looking for someone who can do a good job.

I install since 24 jul..Kimura..just pray it as gd as those branded...i quite worry when i saw their facebook got negative reviews..but then i oredi cfm the purchase...i thk of change to other brand b4 the installation date...i stick to initial choice eventually.. Aircon design coy..workmanship still ok..just tat one unit look a bit slant..i also fget to ask them lay cardboard to protect flooring..anyway chin cai la..

Last edited:

dRu1D

Reaction score
got myself a system 4 mitsubishi heavy industries installed for 3599 on 0% uob installment at ct aircon

so far doing good

another one but full cash to look our for is stl air conditioning

Jacee88

Reaction score
Samsung vs euroace

Hi... Can anybody help me chose aircon... I am thinking to change my aircon and I got budget... I think euroace is cheap but my sister said samsung better.... Can anyone help me.... After installation any hidden cost?? Which one Is more durable? Thank you

crankcase

Reaction score
System 2

Any recommendations for a System 2 inverter? Previous owner of my flat had installed a System 3 to serve the 3 bedrooms, so now I want to install one more System 2 to cover the living hall (pending HDB approval). Thinking of maybe one ~9k BTU and one ~18k BTU.

Any suggestions on brands and installation companies? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.