Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Courts is away expansive.

But how come mitsubishi electric mixed with MItsubishi heavy industrial condenser?

My set bought from IMM AllBest without topup 5 years warranty just less than $2600 only for ME system 3 Starmex inverter.
AllBest have provide 36mths zero interest with CC services also.

For MHI slighly cheaper than ME, to be honest don't go for EuropAce.. The brand was rare.

Againt they offer you for MHI compressor just 20k btu / 3 units = 6.8k btu for each room, seem like not really sufficient.

If you were go for ME compressor model : 3A28VA at least each room has slight higher from 8.5k btu.

Wow, just realized it was MHI not ME on the quotation. All the while thought was ME. Are they the same as in quality?

The outdoor compressor, SCM60ZJ-S1 was 26K btu and indoor units, SRK25ZMA-S are 9k btu. The charges are all in at $2,700. For bracket they will bring along and if need to replace they will.

Is this model good enough for 4 room HDB?

mkaeda

Reaction score
Wow, just realized it was MHI not ME on the quotation. All the while thought was ME. Are they the same as in quality?

The outdoor compressor, SCM60ZJ-S1 was 26K btu and indoor units, SRK25ZMA-S are 9k btu. The charges are all in at $2,700. For bracket they will bring along and if need to replace they will.

Hey, I just bought this exact setup, albeit at a slightly higher price, so far so good!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Where did you quote seems like higher price than ME system 3 for package like 10x2 + 13k set-up from AllBest IMM.

Last time my set just slightly $2850 with extended warranty for 5 yrs, everything was the standard package like copper pipe remain as G23 only. the S/S bracket optional for $150.

Quality wise ME slightly better for fan blower and drain-pan can be removable, to be save cost like doing chemical wash, like cracking noise very minor.

Last edited:

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Where did you quote seems like higher price than ME system 3 for package like 10x2 + 13k set-up from AllBest IMM.

Last time my set just slightly $2850 with extended warranty for 5 yrs, everything was the standard package like copper pipe remain as G23 only. the S/S bracket optional for $150.

Quality wise ME slightly better for fan blower and drain-pan can be removable, to be save cost like doing chemical wash, like cracking noise very minor.

As I mentioned, was actually looking at EuropAce and the sale guy offer me MHI as it was quite close to EuropAce one. The aircon company is CT Air in Woodload I got thru google. Same 5 yr warranty.

Allbest dun seem to have good reviews since 2012 wich I have read. Maybe I would go look for ME system 3 for the best quotes. Do you have the spec of ME system 3 to share?:)

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
As I mentioned, was actually looking at EuropAce and the sale guy offer me MHI as it was quite close to EuropAce one. The aircon company is CT Air in Woodload I got thru google. Same 5 yr warranty.

Allbest dun seem to have good reviews since 2012 wich I have read. Maybe I would go look for ME system 3 for the best quotes. Do you have the spec of ME system 3 to share?:)

Can download the specs through with cool serve
http://www.coolserve.com/htmdocs/products/products_details.aspx?id=2396&prodName='MUY-GE10VA%20/%20MSY-GE10VA'

Gaoz7

Reaction score
System 3 or 4 the maximum hdb flat required on 8.5A = 1930w only, turn on 4 or 3 Rooms the wattage is almost the same, unless your is private properties.

Thanks kimsim.
It's HDB. Paiseh very layman here, so just to clarify - that means getting the 28A or 38A is no different due to limitations for HDB flat?
If that's the case, at any one time, this system4 setup will only be able to support like 3BRs, or LR+1BR? Or actually can support for example LR+2BRs at the same time?
Thanks.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks kimsim.
It's HDB. Paiseh very layman here, so just to clarify - that means getting the 28A or 38A is no different due to limitations for HDB flat?
If that's the case, at any one time, this system4 setup will only be able to support like 3BRs, or LR+1BR? Or actually can support for example LR+2BRs at the same time?
Thanks.

Like my friend he told me for 4A28VA can support for LR + 2 Bedroom or 3 Bedroom only.
Can turns all, but the cooling not as cold than when turns 3BR.. But when during in raining day or night time still able to turns on all... Can always hear the compressor & fan kick in high jet speed at outdoor.

I am unsure that 4A38VA can set to 11.5Amp or not... That is not part of my answer.. Cause I was still no chance to touch on 4A38VA yet.. But my friend told can turns on all for LR + 3BR at same time..

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already settled for Panasonic Inverter system 2 with free $200 NTUC vouchers. Not sure how will my aircon installation by ColdEngine turn out be.

LimWilfred

Reaction score
Hi,
I intending to have 4 aircon units (3 bedroom + 1 living rm).
Main use in MBR for now (and likely won't use it every night, some nights just use to cool the room down etc); living room only when guests over or super hot day or haze day.
Should be getting ME, but not too sure in terms of configuration.
Should I get one system 3 (for the 3 BRs) + one just for the LR; or a system 4? The 1st setup cost like 1k more, is it worth it cos will save electical bills compared to system 4?
And if system 4, is 3A28VA enough? or need 4A38VA ?
Looking at 9k for each of the BRs and either 18k/24k for the living room.
Also, let me know if any special promotions or sale for aircon ongoing now, shd b buying in the next wk or two.
Thanks much .

Can share how much you were quoted for the 4A38VA? Thinking of the same set up.

Bestonlinedeals

Reaction score
Hii,

A large collection of Ac are available these days by different brands. You can choose according to your room size, energy efficiency,capacity etc. Don't forget to check user reviews to make a wise purchase.

terumo

Reaction score
To Gaoz7,

U can consider get a system 1 for master room.
System 3 for the 2 bedrooms & living.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To Gaoz7,

U can consider get a system 1 for master room.
System 3 for the 2 bedrooms & living.

If the older HDB flat won't allow to install 2 compressor place at outdoor, also depend which area for power supply maximum load.

The only newer design for BTO flat will do with 2 compressor maximum.

tanhangkiang

Reaction score
If the older HDB flat won't allow to install 2 compressor place at outdoor, also depend which area for power supply maximum load.

The only newer design for BTO flat will do with 2 compressor maximum.

MHI scm80 is worth to consider, it's 8.3kw cooling power rating is quite respectable, above normal 7.3kw for a few other reputable and common brands.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
MHI scm80 is worth to consider, it's 8.3kw cooling power rating is quite respectable, above normal 7.3kw for a few other reputable and common brands.

Actually you can check out the specs data from SCM80 without current limitation at 2160w vs 4A38VA lock at 8kw capacity for 8.5A = 1930w only.

http://www.kimrovacstore.com/home-air-conditional-2015.html

zappelin619

Reaction score
Hi, I was reading pages of this thread before deciding to post a question. Anyone has a good recommendation for a system 1. I'm looking for a system 1 for a room. Not a master bedroom though.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, I was reading pages of this thread before deciding to post a question. Anyone has a good recommendation for a system 1. I'm looking for a system 1 for a room. Not a master bedroom though.

Go with ME single split or Daikin, Panasonic

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
At part load 3.7kw, MHI is 670W, about 260w lesser than some common brand.

Just depend what capacity of part load..
ME part load at 9kw

7E8D46E5-E9E3-44F0-AE41-8B608B129C51_zpsb0fte3v2.jpg

38E4CB92-2CF0-4B0F-8B4F-D40C95A06268_zpsi62xdr6l.jpg

Last edited:

tanhangkiang

Reaction score
Just depend what capacity of part load..
ME part load at 9kw

7E8D46E5-E9E3-44F0-AE41-8B608B129C51_zpsb0fte3v2.jpg

38E4CB92-2CF0-4B0F-8B4F-D40C95A06268_zpsi62xdr6l.jpg

The MHI part load cop is 5.85, this should translate to savings of 100-200w, compare some common energy saving brands. In consideration of unit price and benefits, can consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.