Amazon or local distro?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,441
Reaction score
2,346
Crucial and corsair buy from amazon is honoured by our local distro. but no 1 to 1, they will send back and give u the replacement once they receive it
 

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
69,114
Reaction score
17,006
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you and how long did the whole process take? Also which courier or postal service did you use?
It took around 3 weeks, from the day I reported the problem to the day I received the replacement card.

I paid around $15 for the parcel to HK via Singpost. Could have been a bit cheaper if I skimped on a smaller box but I shipped the original box back.
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
Crucial and corsair buy from amazon is honoured by our local distro. but no 1 to 1, they will send back and give u the replacement once they receive it

Didn't know about that. At least that saves me from paying the shipping fees. But still need to visit the local distros. Better if can deliver direct to residential address.
 

leecs93

Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
203
Reaction score
1
I'm also in the midst of setting up a new PC. Looks like the price diff between Amazon n local distros are <$30 for some components. Unless Amazon got really good deals during Black Fri sales.

I was actually surprised that the diff is so little. All the while, I've been hearing ppl saying that Amazon PC components are so much cheaper.
 

timpeh82

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
1,844
Reaction score
0
I'm also in the midst of setting up a new PC. Looks like the price diff between Amazon n local distros are <$30 for some components. Unless Amazon got really good deals during Black Fri sales.

I was actually surprised that the diff is so little. All the while, I've been hearing ppl saying that Amazon PC components are so much cheaper.

You need to wait one
if got good deal,normally gone in 5 minutes
many flippers waiting at keyboard lol
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,316
Reaction score
7,461
I'm also in the midst of setting up a new PC. Looks like the price diff between Amazon n local distros are <$30 for some components. Unless Amazon got really good deals during Black Fri sales.

I was actually surprised that the diff is so little. All the while, I've been hearing ppl saying that Amazon PC components are so much cheaper.

You need to bookmark and check everyday.
My PC on the right now selling USD$180 for barebone on Amazon.

I bought it for USD$130 during sale.

Saved myself USD50 or 27.77% discount.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top