AMD Radeon RX 6800/XT 6900XT

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Has anyone actually managed to get hold of one of these cards (both reference and AIB cards)?

Looks like AMD did the usual on both their CPU's and GPU's - big hype about lots of availability but it simply is not true!
 

_DeS__

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,650
Reaction score
22
For whole of SG

Asus less than 10
Gigabyte less than 5

U buy 4d got higher chance to strike bro.
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
I am aware of the super limited numbers locally. I'm also wondering if anyone managed to order from outside.

Lets keep this thread going so that once they do start to come in everyone is aware.
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
691
I don't think any of the distros bother to sell the AMD branded ones because it'd cut into their market share, plus super limited supply of AMD cards. As for AIB ones, only B&H had announced the price of their Sapphire cards, which are priced well above the price of reference AMD ones. Yes, I understand that prices of AIB would be higher due to inhouse coolers and other tweaks. But for a Sapphire Nitro+ OC Gaming Special Edition that's >200USD above the MSRP, I'm at a loss for words.

I'd thought of getting a cheap GB RTX3070 that is listed at about 850SGD, but when I called to ask, I was told that IF I buy it as part of system, it'd be cheaper, but IF I were to buy just that GPU, the 'revised' price would be 1099SGD, how about that for scalping?! 1099SGD for a lower priced GB RTX3070 is 821USD, that >300USD above an RTX 3070 FE, isn't it? We're being scalped 9696 by local distro/shops, they basically removed 3rd party private scalpers liao.
 

Clearnfc

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
14,093
Reaction score
3,729
Has anyone actually managed to get hold of one of these cards (both reference and AIB cards)?

Looks like AMD did the usual on both their CPU's and GPU's - big hype about lots of availability but it simply is not true!

IMHO, you are better off getting 3080...

They hardly exist and the price is ridiculous.
 

Clearnfc

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
14,093
Reaction score
3,729
I am aware of the super limited numbers locally. I'm also wondering if anyone managed to order from outside.

Lets keep this thread going so that once they do start to come in everyone is aware.

IF you are thinking amazon/newegg etc... its even worse.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
IMHO, you are better off getting 3080...

They hardly exist and the price is ridiculous.

Truth to be told, one is better off not buying for now. Both RTX 30xx and RX 6800 are overpriced and very low in stock. The RX 6800 is probably worst, but trying to get your hands on either at a reasonable price is a tall order now.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
I don't think any of the distros bother to sell the AMD branded ones because it'd cut into their market share, plus super limited supply of AMD cards. As for AIB ones, only B&H had announced the price of their Sapphire cards, which are priced well above the price of reference AMD ones. Yes, I understand that prices of AIB would be higher due to inhouse coolers and other tweaks. But for a Sapphire Nitro+ OC Gaming Special Edition that's >200USD above the MSRP, I'm at a loss for words.

I'd thought of getting a cheap GB RTX3070 that is listed at about 850SGD, but when I called to ask, I was told that IF I buy it as part of system, it'd be cheaper, but IF I were to buy just that GPU, the 'revised' price would be 1099SGD, how about that for scalping?! 1099SGD for a lower priced GB RTX3070 is 821USD, that >300USD above an RTX 3070 FE, isn't it? We're being scalped 9696 by local distro/shops, they basically removed 3rd party private scalpers liao.

Given the prices of RTX 3070 locally, I strongly will not recommend buying. Even the lower end cards are cutting very close to a RTX 3080. That's why I feel now is not the time to get a new graphic card. No point getting frustrated trying to get one, and when you do find one, its overpriced. The scalpers, shops and distro are having a feeding frenzy, feeding on us as the consumers.
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
691
Given the prices of RTX 3070 locally, I strongly will not recommend buying. Even the lower end cards are cutting very close to a RTX 3080. That's why I feel now is not the time to get a new graphic card. No point getting frustrated trying to get one, and when you do find one, its overpriced. The scalpers, shops and distro are having a feeding frenzy, feeding on us as the consumers.
I'm now thinking of getting an RTX 2080 Super or 2080 Ti to tide me over till next year when AMD and nVidia release their new iterations of their cards.

Edit - The way things are going for AMD, they have lost not only me but a good number of other fanboys as well (I suspect).
 
Last edited:

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
68,015
Reaction score
22,678
how come all high end cards where are the budget cards
 

mavicaste

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2001
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
2
Ordered a reference Sapphire RX 6800 on Amazon SG which is expecting stock on December 6, keeping my fingers crossed that this will be fulfilled after I wasted precious time with a local pre-order.
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Ordered a reference Sapphire RX 6800 on Amazon SG which is expecting stock on December 6, keeping my fingers crossed that this will be fulfilled after I wasted precious time with a local pre-order.

I also ordered the RX 6800 but mine has no delivery date now. I did say to be delivered in Jan if I remember correctly.

Was going to load this up into the H1 build. Will see how it goes.
 

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Messages
32,309
Reaction score
107
6800XT and 6900XT PCBs are different. Beware as the 6900XT may not fit if your cases was planned for the 6800XT.

These are 2 different cards altogether.

I dunno why no one has mentioned this yet
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
6800XT and 6900XT PCBs are different. Beware as the 6900XT may not fit if your cases was planned for the 6800XT.

These are 2 different cards altogether.

I dunno why no one has mentioned this yet

1. No one assumed that they would be same weight / size
2. Those with small case will always take note themselves, those big case users boh chap, sure fit
3. Stock issue is a big problem. No one can buy it. So boh chap. 6900 xt included.
4. Stupidly high priced amd 6000 series gpu turned many off, back to green camp.
 

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
5,544
Reaction score
52
I'm now thinking of getting an RTX 2080 Super or 2080 Ti to tide me over till next year when AMD and nVidia release their new iterations of their cards.

Edit - The way things are going for AMD, they have lost not only me but a good number of other fanboys as well (I suspect).

2080ti still selling at 1.8k in sls. Just save your money better lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top