Another laptop for gaming recommendations thread

QuetZal

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
367
Reaction score
1
Hi all, have been reading countless reviews and threads started by other people, but am still struggling to make a decision. Looking to buy a laptop for just one sole purpose - play Path of Exile.

I owed a MSI Stealth G70 back in 2012 and even though it had very good reviews, I didn't like it as the temperature got very very hot during gaming. When the laptop became too hot, the game will slow down to a crawl. On top of it, the heat made the gaming area super hot and even my wife complained about it. This was a super pain point imo.

The specs that I am looking for my next laptop are:
1. NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 (don't know if it is too good/too poor for Path of Exile)
2. At least 512 GB SSD (I want to install Path of Exile on the SSD)
3. Very good cooling tech (I don't really know what is reasonable but my MSI laptop can go up to 85 degrees celsius)
4. Ability to input keyboard macros
5. Ability to play for like 5 hour straight no issues with heat or speed etc.

Was browsing around and I think the aftershock MX-15 pro fits the criteria. The only thing that I don't know is the temperature of the laptop. I also don't know if the graphic card or the rest of the specs is suitable for the game. Basically, I want the game to be super fast and for me to game comfortably with no heat issues.

Another laptop that I had considered was the Acer Nitro 5 as it claimed that it had good cooling technology. I never tested it so I can't verify the claim.

Anyone have any advice regarding the aftershock mx-15? Or any recommendations for other laptops in the market?

Thank you.
 

QQQ321

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Hi all, have been reading countless reviews and threads started by other people, but am still struggling to make a decision. Looking to buy a laptop for just one sole purpose - play Path of Exile.

I owed a MSI Stealth G70 back in 2012 and even though it had very good reviews, I didn't like it as the temperature got very very hot during gaming. When the laptop became too hot, the game will slow down to a crawl. On top of it, the heat made the gaming area super hot and even my wife complained about it. This was a super pain point imo.

The specs that I am looking for my next laptop are:
1. NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 (don't know if it is too good/too poor for Path of Exile)
2. At least 512 GB SSD (I want to install Path of Exile on the SSD)
3. Very good cooling tech (I don't really know what is reasonable but my MSI laptop can go up to 85 degrees celsius)
4. Ability to input keyboard macros
5. Ability to play for like 5 hour straight no issues with heat or speed etc.

Was browsing around and I think the aftershock MX-15 pro fits the criteria. The only thing that I don't know is the temperature of the laptop. I also don't know if the graphic card or the rest of the specs is suitable for the game. Basically, I want the game to be super fast and for me to game comfortably with no heat issues.

Another laptop that I had considered was the Acer Nitro 5 as it claimed that it had good cooling technology. I never tested it so I can't verify the claim.

Anyone have any advice regarding the aftershock mx-15? Or any recommendations for other laptops in the market?

Thank you.

Hi, if you are looking for a good cooling system, you should choose MSI GE series not GS series lo.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top