Anti Dandruff Shampoo - Help Needed!

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
Any good ones to recommend that is for dry scalp. Used the one for oily scalp and the condition worsen with more flakes. :eek:

Only one that has eased the condition is The Body Shop one and I'm looking for a better one that'll solve dandruff problem totally.

Please help!!!
 

pills

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
Does it have a strong chemical smell? If so, cannot also le. Need one that doesn't have a strong chemical smell.
 

cspotato

Master Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
4,231
Reaction score
5
dandruff problem cannot be totally "cured"... the shampoos available are only to treat the symptoms... after the treatment and symptoms get better, it will depend on how you manage it...

you can try to get Nizoral Shampoo or Stieprox shampoo from the pharmacist... these 2 are commonly dispensed for dandruff problem and most of my customers feedbacked that it works...

oh forgot to tell u that I am a pharmacist :)
 

no7_ken

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
812
Reaction score
40
dandruff problem cannot be totally "cured"... the shampoos available are only to treat the symptoms... after the treatment and symptoms get better, it will depend on how you manage it...

you can try to get Nizoral Shampoo or Stieprox shampoo from the pharmacist... these 2 are commonly dispensed for dandruff problem and most of my customers feedbacked that it works...

oh forgot to tell u that I am a pharmacist :)
Totally agree with pharmacist here. Stieprox can control flaky skin on scalp due to eczema well.
 

Ultrafire

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
0
i use selsun blue .. after that bo flakes liow ... but i dunno mine is dandruff or dry scalp
 

jcls88

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Physia anti-dandruff shampoo

I recently tried Physia shampoo. It is essential oil based. Cleared off my dandruff after using the 200ml bottle. It was gentle on my scalp too as I have sensitive scalp.
Selling $36 for new bottle 250ml.
Can be found at Botanics Creation Hair Studio | Hair Spa
Pacific Plaza, #03-11/12
 

rover75

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Try this.
I have dandruff problem for a very long time...
Every time barber cut my hair will comment and ask me to do "treatment". I did not bother...
I tried this old styling cream recently cos I remember my dad using it a long time ago and my dandruff problem seems to be better... Not completely cured but improved a lot....
Do note that this is a styling cream...Not shampoo.. :)

 

Iced-T

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
I had a similar problem and I actually went to a doctor. I was prescribed Nizoral. This is very powerful stuff! the dandruff problem went away in less than a week (was prescribed to use it twice a week too).

I would suggest u ask a doc before using this.
 

viku_vv

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I use head n shoulders smmoth n silky everyday to keep the dandruff away. Here r the things u should do to keep the dandruff away:check ur diet, keep ur towels, pullow cover, comb etc very clean and wash them already once a week.
 

Iced-T

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
I use head n shoulders smmoth n silky everyday to keep the dandruff away. Here r the things u should do to keep the dandruff away:check ur diet, keep ur towels, pullow cover, comb etc very clean and wash them already once a week.

Yup... personal hygiene for hair is important to avoid dandruff
 

worldir

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
835
Reaction score
0
These few weeks will be hot hot weather...

Rem to get a good shampoo to clean the hair scalp regularly
 

seller2013

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
I had a similar problem and I actually went to a doctor. I was prescribed Nizoral. This is very powerful stuff! the dandruff problem went away in less than a week (was prescribed to use it twice a week too).

I would suggest u ask a doc before using this.

Used that 12 years back when my scalp was real oily.

Currently, clear men or head & shoulders should do the job. As one ages, the body's metabolism decreases, likewise for oil production.
 

snowdrop05

Master Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
4,254
Reaction score
709
I like the minty icy korean shampoo from beauty spring. Really helps with my scalp problem
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top