Any IT cert for skillfuture to recommend here?

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
Hi, I've been thinking a lot to up my skills to learn more into IT.
Been studying for a degree majoring in human sciences and minoring in IT... but end up working in a media field (editing)...
Any of you here knows Skillfuture provide courses with IT cert
Havent do a proper research on the cert..
However the route that I'm going mostly for non-computer science where I've to deal with programming... networking, database, analysts, system... is fine..

Hint: future career change.
 
Last edited:

intime

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1
Hi, I've been thinking a lot to up my skills to learn more into IT.
Been studying for a degree majoring in human sciences and minoring in IT... but end up working in a media field (editing)...
Any of you here knows Skillfuture provide courses with IT cert
Havent do a proper research on the cert..
However the route that I'm going mostly for non-computer science where I've to deal with programming... networking, database, analysts, system... is fine..

Hint: future career change.

For career change to IT, you can consider PCP for infocomm technology,
http://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/professional-conversion-programmes.html
Follow the link and go to the infocomm technology section to see the range of IT PCP.

If you are not interested in taking on the entire IT PCP, you can just take reference from the IT PCP training routemap, then take up the individual certification courses yourself.
 

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
For career change to IT, you can consider PCP for infocomm technology,
http://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/professional-conversion-programmes.html
Follow the link and go to the infocomm technology section to see the range of IT PCP.

If you are not interested in taking on the entire IT PCP, you can just take reference from the IT PCP training routemap, then take up the individual certification courses yourself.

Not sure how it works though.

Was thinking to take a course and exams.
 

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
Seems interesting...
So I'll learning and at the same time working?

I'm not sure what's my option right now..

Using skillfuture credits and take a cert course & exams or...?

WSG website seems confusing to me, there's alot of links and options until I don't know where to go to...
 
Last edited:

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
Depending on how old you are you can have up to 90% SSG funding for your course. The course will cost a maximum of 4.1k (50% funding) and have a training duration of 3 months.

Your skillsfuture credit can be used to offset ANY training that you take. 500 dollars credit.

Right now your options are simple: study part-time while working and attend interviews while you are working or simply study full-time and have an unemployment period of up to 4-5 months.

To inform yourself, you can actually get more information through this seminar: right here

Consider your future going into IT career after getting informed!

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not so sure which part-time study to go to...
Skillsfuture only offer 1 time courses and without exam.
Did I read it wrongly for NTUC, where they offered a package and exams as well?

I just need to be sure before joining any courses... before kene cheat. :'(
 

dorst622

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Hi, I've been thinking a lot to up my skills to learn more into IT.
Been studying for a degree majoring in human sciences and minoring in IT... but end up working in a media field (editing)...
Any of you here knows Skillfuture provide courses with IT cert
Havent do a proper research on the cert..
However the route that I'm going mostly for non-computer science where I've to deal with programming... networking, database, analysts, system... is fine..

Hint: future career change.

don't join IT unless you can short change your pay against FT.
engineer, programmer are in short but pay wise not good, long hours low pay, not possible to progress to next level.
management level, politic liao liao, pay ok, but economic not doing well, so danger for retrenchment.
 

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
Yes the course has exams. No matter where go you, each NICF has their exams you have to pass.

I cannot recommend what course is good for you because I don't know much about NTUC, to be honest.

Try calling them at their phoneline.

Since you want to go for NTUC courses, you should find out about what funding you will get.

I can tell you personally that if you are serious about improving yourself, our teachers at Lithan are equally serious about helping you.

I have already send an email to Lithan a couple of days ago.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top