Any recommended pc repair shops?

sliferino

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi all, my pc has been facing a few issues and I would like to find a repair shop to sort all my problems out. Any recommendations?

My PC was custom built by a friend around 3 years ago.

I can only list out the specs off the top of my head as I am posting this outside. Will edit once I am home.

The problems i have faced with it have been things like certain games/programmes causing the computer to hang. Some just won't boot. BSODs occur from time to time. And more recently boot errors. I have actually installed a programme called whocrashed and it has pointed out the drivers Qualcomm Killer network has been causing alot of issues, this programme won't allow me to uninstall it fully. Bootdisk errors also have been found (occured after I try to uninstall killer network).

Specs:
MSI gaming mobo (red coloured one) unable to remember exact model.
i5 4xxx model
8gb single stick ram
1tb hdd
Radeon Rsomething. (Was compared to the gtx660)
Win10

PS: I know the specs are halfassed but it was aimed at future upgrades as this was my first custom pc. Please help, I am quite desperate to sort this out..
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,060
Reaction score
1,758
The problem is the Killer software. It's a known issue.

Uninstall everything (software and driver). Go to Device Manager and update the driver from there. This way, you only install the driver and not the Killer software.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Hi all, my pc has been facing a few issues and I would like to find a repair shop to sort all my problems out. Any recommendations?

My PC was custom built by a friend around 3 years ago.

I can only list out the specs off the top of my head as I am posting this outside. Will edit once I am home.

The problems i have faced with it have been things like certain games/programmes causing the computer to hang. Some just won't boot. BSODs occur from time to time. And more recently boot errors. I have actually installed a programme called whocrashed and it has pointed out the drivers Qualcomm Killer network has been causing alot of issues, this programme won't allow me to uninstall it fully. Bootdisk errors also have been found (occured after I try to uninstall killer network).

Specs:
MSI gaming mobo (red coloured one) unable to remember exact model.
i5 4xxx model
8gb single stick ram
1tb hdd
Radeon Rsomething. (Was compared to the gtx660)
Win10

PS: I know the specs are halfassed but it was aimed at future upgrades as this was my first custom pc. Please help, I am quite desperate to sort this out..

roll back to Win7 or Win8.1 might fix all your problems.
kns Win10 Anniversary Update giving alot of people alot of problems.
 

sweetm

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
auto shut down

hi all,


sorry as not sure shall my qn reopen another thread...


any recommendation for PC repair shop in the East?


com auto shut down n reboot again n again..


cant seems to go beyond window desktop pages.


anyone know roughly whats the issue?


DIY com bought in Fuwell last year.
 

MiFan4149

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
hi all,


sorry as not sure shall my qn reopen another thread...


any recommendation for PC repair shop in the East?


com auto shut down n reboot again n again..


cant seems to go beyond window desktop pages.


anyone know roughly whats the issue?


DIY com bought in Fuwell last year.
I think is PSU problem
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
hi all,


sorry as not sure shall my qn reopen another thread...


any recommendation for PC repair shop in the East?


com auto shut down n reboot again n again..


cant seems to go beyond window desktop pages.


anyone know roughly whats the issue?


DIY com bought in Fuwell last year.

are u able to see any POST screen or access to BIOS screen?
and maybe u can list the specs of your system?
 

sweetm

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
are u able to see any POST screen or access to BIOS screen?
and maybe u can list the specs of your system?


thanks for replying..


yes I saw the Gigabyte screen then some running words and windows screen...moment it hits the desktop screen it will auto down and the com will try to boot up again and goes to safe mode...then again in safe mode, it barely loads and it auto shut down again.


sorry couldn't really know how to get the specs of the com..
got it together with my friend...moreover the com kept rebooting..thus dun think I can do anything except watching it trying to stay "alive" ...
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
thanks for replying..

yes I saw the Gigabyte screen then some running words and windows screen...moment it hits the desktop screen it will auto down and the com will try to boot up again and goes to safe mode...then again in safe mode, it barely loads and it auto shut down again.

sorry couldn't really know how to get the specs of the com..
got it together with my friend...moreover the com kept rebooting..thus dun think I can do anything except watching it trying to stay "alive" ...

well since your system is on boot loop can be either mobo or ram, since u can start up and see things, den it shouldn't be psu.

maybe u can try opening your case and remove all the rams u have and left 1 stick and try going into bios by pressing del/F2 keys.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
@sweetm next time please start your own new thread for your issue.

Do not hijack others threads or dig old threads. If there's any reason to reference an old thread, start a new one and insert a link to old thread in your post.

Common forum good practice.
 

sweetm

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
@sweetm next time please start your own new thread for your issue.

Do not hijack others threads or dig old threads. If there's any reason to reference an old thread, start a new one and insert a link to old thread in your post.

Common forum good practice.







Noted. Apology for any inconvenience caused.
 

sweetm

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
well since your system is on boot loop can be either mobo or ram, since u can start up and see things, den it shouldn't be psu.

maybe u can try opening your case and remove all the rams u have and left 1 stick and try going into bios by pressing del/F2 keys.



Noted.


Thanks for the valuable advice.
 

Kennedy

Master Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
15
if too lazy to troubleshoot, the pc shops usually charge $20-$30 to diagnose the fault. just remind them to diagnose the fault only and to inform you before any repairs that would incur extra costs.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top