Anyone also got a complimentary Barron’s subscription?

pop

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,500
Reaction score
1
12 month complimentary but i dunno if got any use or catch? Haven’t activate yet.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Haha, free that’s why scared. Dunno what i’m in for mah.

So what are you worried about? Need to give cc details is it? If not what do they have over you other than your data? If that’s what you are worried about then just ignore the free sub
 

pop

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,500
Reaction score
1
So what are you worried about? Need to give cc details is it? If not what do they have over you other than your data? If that’s what you are worried about then just ignore the free sub

Just got the email so haven’t looked into it yet. I suaku never heard of Barron, so come in ask see got other people know mah.
 

pop

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,500
Reaction score
1
:s11::s8: I don’t even know what is barron in the first place, what is there to brag? If i have it, then surely its nothing worth bragging one lah.

hope its not some kind of humble brag "I'm so rich they give me free Barron's subscription" sort of thing. :s13:
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,345
Reaction score
4,365
Me, from scb. i subscribed but nvr read their articles.
 
Last edited:

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
13,976
Reaction score
197
At least 1.5 mil with SCB PPB or trade $100K in 3 months. :eek:
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
I just received the email for 1 yr free subscription from SCB. But I already have Barron's. And it seems like a chore to cancel it. Have to call them.. will try to remove my credit card first and see how
 

Tiger9119

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
11
I just received the email for 1 yr free subscription from SCB. But I already have Barron's. And it seems like a chore to cancel it. Have to call them.. will try to remove my credit card first and see how

I don't even have a credit card with SCB and was given 1 yr free WSJ. If you are worried that Barron's will charge you for second year subscription, just don't activate it.
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
I don't even have a credit card with SCB and was given 1 yr free WSJ. If you are worried that Barron's will charge you for second year subscription, just don't activate it.
No la. I am referring to my existing Barron's subscription. ( I already had it before SCB emailed me with free offer). Just called to cancel my existing one so I can make use of SCB free one. At first I thought I had to call USA hotline and waste my $. Lucky they have a SG contact number.

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
At least 1.5 mil with SCB PPB or trade $100K in 3 months. :eek:

1.5m with SCB PPB, but still worried he cannot maximise his free Barron's subscription because it will overlap with his existing subscription.

I guess its good to be careful about every dollar , but I hope he's not losing sleep over it. :s13:
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
1.5m with SCB PPB, but still worried he cannot maximise his free Barron's subscription because it will overlap with his existing subscription.

I guess its good to be careful about every dollar , but I hope he's not losing sleep over it. :s13:
Cool for u if u insist on wasting $ when u can get it for free.

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,604
Reaction score
5,595
At first I thought I had to call USA hotline and waste my $.
Barron's U.S. lists a U.S. toll free number for U.S. subscriber service. For future reference, you can use Skype and some other free voice calling tools to reach practically any U.S. toll free number free of charge. U.S. toll free numbers begin with any of the following 3 digit area codes: 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, and 833.

For example, if someone gives you the U.S. toll free number "1-800-FLOWERS," then you would dial +1 800 356 9377 from Skype (or other voice over IP tool with free U.S. toll free number calling) to reach that number.
 

marxace

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
2,035
Reaction score
260
Barron's U.S. lists a U.S. toll free number for U.S. subscriber service. For future reference, you can use Skype and some other free voice calling tools to reach practically any U.S. toll free number free of charge. U.S. toll free numbers begin with any of the following 3 digit area codes: 800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, and 833.

For example, if someone gives you the U.S. toll free number "1-800-FLOWERS," then you would dial +1 800 356 9377 from Skype (or other voice over IP tool with free U.S. toll free number calling) to reach that number.
Thanks for the info. I dun use Skype and din know I can call land line or toll free lines using such data calls..
Anyway, they had a Singapore number that I could reach out to.

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT
 

fr33d0m

Master Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
3,714
Reaction score
730
There is a reason why it is free. It is damn difficult to cancel the subscription.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top