Anyone encounter Canon printer, the PGBK ink missing/cannot print?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,454
Reaction score
6,007
My Canon Pixma IP7270 which uses 5 ink tank.
Don't know what happened that lately can't print Text/Docs.
When I print Nozzle check and I realize the PGBK Ink is missing.

Anyone encounter this before?
I tried all troubleshooting steps even manually clean the contact
and nozzle but weirdly the PGBK ink doesn't print despite
it is detected by the printer.

If it's print head problem than the cost I could buy a new printer instead.
 

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
Meaning when you check the levels via the printer software, the ink level for the black looks ok, but doesn't print out? How old is the cartridge, when was the last time it worked? Maybe dried up and clogged? Have you removed the cartridge and visually checked? If dried up quite easy to see since it's clear.

Ran cleaning and deep cleaning cycles already?

I have a canon also pgbk + 3 colours. I recently just printed something after more than 1 year plus, no issue.

One cheap option I can think of is see if you can find cheap 3rd party pgbk cartridge to test. If it works then it helps narrow down the problem.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,454
Reaction score
6,007
Meaning when you check the levels via the printer software, the ink level for the black looks ok, but doesn't print out? How old is the cartridge, when was the last time it worked? Maybe dried up and clogged? Have you removed the cartridge and visually checked? If dried up quite easy to see since it's clear.

Ran cleaning and deep cleaning cycles already?

I have a canon also pgbk + 3 colours. I recently just printed something after more than 1 year plus, no issue.

One cheap option I can think of is see if you can find cheap 3rd party pgbk cartridge to test. If it works then it helps narrow down the problem.

The printer itself is around 2 years old, the ink just change last year.
I also suspect could be ink issue but there is still ink inside the current one.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
400
Pigment ink dry up faster and is thicker than the normal dye ink

Pigment produce better color and longevity

Anyway try wipe the affected printhead with wet cloth....Let it soak

And spam black printing ... Equivalent to purge... At least u purge the correct ink
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
400
I saw somewhere some printer can disable the black ink

So use the CMY.. mixing to black
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,454
Reaction score
6,007
Thanks to all, I have check with Canon unfortunately print head issue.
The unused ink is really waste.:(
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,830
Reaction score
1,777
Thanks to all, I have check with Canon unfortunately print head issue.
The unused ink is really waste.:(

i used to have canon ip1000 which later clogged. just put in warm water to clear withouy touching electronics
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
400
The print head still can clean one....

Wipe printhead with cloth soak with water

osmosis theory... The ink will transfer to the cloth

Wipe and purge 10x ... If really cannot then GG
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top