Anyone going bkk for CNY?

Soule

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,022
Reaction score
1,303
Aiya now the situation is so messy, anyone in the same plight?

Still unsure whether to go or not... Too late to change destination now... Maybe just stay in sg....

Who else in same situation got advice or not?
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
If can refund or claim from insurance then don't go lor..

Got tanks liao..seems serious.. :(
 

Soule

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,022
Reaction score
1,303
Actually high chance there will be turmoil on 13th, so once MFa issue the directive, u can claim insurance still...
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Going on the 6th of feb. hopefully all should be better by then.
 

Kevin10

Master Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2001
Messages
3,655
Reaction score
34
me gg on the 28th..hopefully everything fine too..too late to change plans liao..haiz
 

_flee_

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
I have booked Scoot flights for 6 pax for my whole family to depart on 29th Jan.. Waiting for the Shutdown to see if the situation is ok. Hotel is free cancellation so still alright. :(

Anyway need some advice, I have yet to buy travel insurance. IF I buy now, will I be able to claim insurance if MFA advises to stay away from bkk?
 

Soule

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,022
Reaction score
1,303
quite unlikely u can claim for the protest now... but if situation gets worse, most likely scoot will allow u to postpone the trip..

nevertheless, I would advise u to still buy ur travel insurance.... there are still tons of unexpected situations which might happen.
Recently, my cheap T-shirt dye seeped into the htoel bedsheets and I had to pay damages of $50! Lucky I have insurance so can claim... I have been 'saved' by insurance may times already...:(

I have booked Scoot flights for 6 pax for my whole family to depart on 29th Jan.. Waiting for the Shutdown to see if the situation is ok. Hotel is free cancellation so still alright. :(

Anyway need some advice, I have yet to buy travel insurance. IF I buy now, will I be able to claim insurance if MFA advises to stay away from bkk?
 

_flee_

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
quite unlikely u can claim for the protest now... but if situation gets worse, most likely scoot will allow u to postpone the trip..

nevertheless, I would advise u to still buy ur travel insurance.... there are still tons of unexpected situations which might happen.
Recently, my cheap T-shirt dye seeped into the htoel bedsheets and I had to pay damages of $50! Lucky I have insurance so can claim... I have been 'saved' by insurance may times already...:(

Now I have a question. I was reading up what NTUC income covers and what they do not cover. Understand that they do not cover postponement/cancellation due to riot if I buy now.. I don't mind buying now as I will still proceed for the trip if everything is ok before 29th.. however if I buy now and things are still messy in bkk and I decided not to proceed, does that mean I bought the insurance for nothing, spending $140 (6pax) additional?

So should I buy now (but insurance will not cover) or buy prior to my trip if im going?

Any past experiences that Scoot allows postponement without needing to pay $55?
 

Soule

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,022
Reaction score
1,303
I'm not an agent..so I'm not exactly an expert, but I have claimed many times due to various situations...

And yes you are right.. if you decided not to travel due to the riot, then the $60 'goes down the drain'....

My experience is that just buy travel insurance as early as possible; best is together with the trip. Last year, my grandma became very ill and luckily I had insurance to claim when I cancelled the trip. Recently, I was ill just prior my holiday during New Year and I was also contemplating giving up the Countdown trip in Vietnam.

I find with insurance, you have more peace of mind and more options. Especially when you are ill overseas, you won't hesitate to go for medical treatment. My nephew scratched himself badly at the beach and lucky there was insurance to airlift a doctor to stitch his wound - all covered for.

Many credit cards come with complimentary travel insurance when you use it to pay for the tickets.. did you happen to use one with the free insurance??

I haven't heard anything from Scoot yet; but I heard Jetstar is already informally allow changes for free.

As for the mainstream airlines, CX is allowing for delay without penalty already. TG allows but not for trips during CNY period.

SQ no news yet; I would expect Scoot to follow SQ's policy..

Best of luck!

Now I have a question. I was reading up what NTUC income covers and what they do not cover. Understand that they do not cover postponement/cancellation due to riot if I buy now.. I don't mind buying now as I will still proceed for the trip if everything is ok before 29th.. however if I buy now and things are still messy in bkk and I decided not to proceed, does that mean I bought the insurance for nothing, spending $140 (6pax) additional?

So should I buy now (but insurance will not cover) or buy prior to my trip if im going?

Any past experiences that Scoot allows postponement without needing to pay $55?
 

Cartoon0512

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
676
Reaction score
1
Now I have a question. I was reading up what NTUC income covers and what they do not cover. Understand that they do not cover postponement/cancellation due to riot if I buy now.. I don't mind buying now as I will still proceed for the trip if everything is ok before 29th.. however if I buy now and things are still messy in bkk and I decided not to proceed, does that mean I bought the insurance for nothing, spending $140 (6pax) additional?

So should I buy now (but insurance will not cover) or buy prior to my trip if im going?

Any past experiences that Scoot allows postponement without needing to pay $55?
Ya , now they won't cover anything related to the riot as now is the riot period already .. But u are still cover fr other things .. Buy to b safe ..
 

_flee_

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
Hi all I have some questions regarding Scoot's fees and charges for postponement or cancellation.

See, I have bought 6 tickets for whole family to travel to Bkk from 29 Jan to 02 Feb. My usual practise is buying travel insurance days before I depart (ARGH i really ought to change this habit!). So needless to say I didn't manage to buy travel insurance before the riot occur.

By the time the Shutdown news came I knew it's too late to buy insurance, hence I still have not bought it in case we decided not to go so I didnt want to waste the $150 (for 6).

So now, **** really happened. One of the travel companion was admitted to the hospital and did an artery surgery yesterday. So from 50% chance of proceeding for the CNY trip, became 100% cannot go already cos the relative will have to stay in hospital.

So my question is, do I only pay $55x6x2 ways to Scoot to postpone the dates, or do I need to pay them $55x6x2ways PLUS the new fares of the dates im choosing? All along I thought i only need to pay $55x6 but just now i login to see, I need to pay so much?

OR is selling my tickets at a cheaper price and offering to pay for the change name fees the way to go?

Any help is much appreciated!
 

Soule

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,022
Reaction score
1,303
It sucks, but u will have to 55 + the difference in fares for the change... That's the disadvantage of budget airline...

Which credit card did u use to pay for the tickets? Some cards like citi premiermiles have free travel insurance included, can claim up to 500 for medical interruptions like urs... DBS, anz, ocbc also have. Worth a check....

Ur next best option is to name change by selling the ticket. Otherwise write to scoot to appeal, sometimes they allow medical cases to postpone trip.... They will want to see a doctor memo.


Hi all I have some questions regarding Scoot's fees and charges for postponement or cancellation.

See, I have bought 6 tickets for whole family to travel to Bkk from 29 Jan to 02 Feb. My usual practise is buying travel insurance days before I depart (ARGH i really ought to change this habit!). So needless to say I didn't manage to buy travel insurance before the riot occur.

By the time the Shutdown news came I knew it's too late to buy insurance, hence I still have not bought it in case we decided not to go so I didnt want to waste the $150 (for 6).

So now, **** really happened. One of the travel companion was admitted to the hospital and did an artery surgery yesterday. So from 50% chance of proceeding for the CNY trip, became 100% cannot go already cos the relative will have to stay in hospital.

So my question is, do I only pay $55x6x2 ways to Scoot to postpone the dates, or do I need to pay them $55x6x2ways PLUS the new fares of the dates im choosing? All along I thought i only need to pay $55x6 but just now i login to see, I need to pay so much?

OR is selling my tickets at a cheaper price and offering to pay for the change name fees the way to go?

Any help is much appreciated!
 

_flee_

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2005
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your advice! Too bad my mum paid using POSB go! debit.. so there's no credit card insurance to help :(

How do I write up to Scoot? send email? they take 10 days to reply and the previous one i sent is still unanswered! Damn pissed.
 

wint3rz

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
will be there during cny period...

been monitoring the situation, shared by a blogger on his twitter.

airasia doesn't seem to want to reply to my query, on flight / destination changes and insurance company say they will only refund / pay out if MFA declare 'not advisable to go'... sigh.
 

seirec

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
will be there during cny period...

been monitoring the situation, shared by a blogger on his twitter.

airasia doesn't seem to want to reply to my query, on flight / destination changes and insurance company say they will only refund / pay out if MFA declare 'not advisable to go'... sigh.

Im also going bkk on airasia on cny eve. I've managed to speak to airasia cso n they told me that change of destination is strictly not allowed. Postponement requires extra fees. There will only be refund if the flight is subsequently cancelled. However they confirmed that my flight is on schedule. So well, guess i will just go ahead.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top