
If can refund or claim from insurance then don't go lor..
Got tanks liao..seems serious..![]()
Yeah loh... Claim the money then stay in sg... So moody...
I cannot claim and still have to stay in sg..lagi moody..![]()
I have booked Scoot flights for 6 pax for my whole family to depart on 29th Jan.. Waiting for the Shutdown to see if the situation is ok. Hotel is free cancellation so still alright.
Anyway need some advice, I have yet to buy travel insurance. IF I buy now, will I be able to claim insurance if MFA advises to stay away from bkk?
quite unlikely u can claim for the protest now... but if situation gets worse, most likely scoot will allow u to postpone the trip..
nevertheless, I would advise u to still buy ur travel insurance.... there are still tons of unexpected situations which might happen.
Recently, my cheap T-shirt dye seeped into the htoel bedsheets and I had to pay damages of $50! Lucky I have insurance so can claim... I have been 'saved' by insurance may times already...![]()
Now I have a question. I was reading up what NTUC income covers and what they do not cover. Understand that they do not cover postponement/cancellation due to riot if I buy now.. I don't mind buying now as I will still proceed for the trip if everything is ok before 29th.. however if I buy now and things are still messy in bkk and I decided not to proceed, does that mean I bought the insurance for nothing, spending $140 (6pax) additional?
So should I buy now (but insurance will not cover) or buy prior to my trip if im going?
Any past experiences that Scoot allows postponement without needing to pay $55?
Ya , now they won't cover anything related to the riot as now is the riot period already .. But u are still cover fr other things .. Buy to b safe ..Now I have a question. I was reading up what NTUC income covers and what they do not cover. Understand that they do not cover postponement/cancellation due to riot if I buy now.. I don't mind buying now as I will still proceed for the trip if everything is ok before 29th.. however if I buy now and things are still messy in bkk and I decided not to proceed, does that mean I bought the insurance for nothing, spending $140 (6pax) additional?
So should I buy now (but insurance will not cover) or buy prior to my trip if im going?
Any past experiences that Scoot allows postponement without needing to pay $55?
Hi all I have some questions regarding Scoot's fees and charges for postponement or cancellation.
See, I have bought 6 tickets for whole family to travel to Bkk from 29 Jan to 02 Feb. My usual practise is buying travel insurance days before I depart (ARGH i really ought to change this habit!). So needless to say I didn't manage to buy travel insurance before the riot occur.
By the time the Shutdown news came I knew it's too late to buy insurance, hence I still have not bought it in case we decided not to go so I didnt want to waste the $150 (for 6).
So now, **** really happened. One of the travel companion was admitted to the hospital and did an artery surgery yesterday. So from 50% chance of proceeding for the CNY trip, became 100% cannot go already cos the relative will have to stay in hospital.
So my question is, do I only pay $55x6x2 ways to Scoot to postpone the dates, or do I need to pay them $55x6x2ways PLUS the new fares of the dates im choosing? All along I thought i only need to pay $55x6 but just now i login to see, I need to pay so much?
OR is selling my tickets at a cheaper price and offering to pay for the change name fees the way to go?
Any help is much appreciated!
will be there during cny period...
been monitoring the situation, shared by a blogger on his twitter.
airasia doesn't seem to want to reply to my query, on flight / destination changes and insurance company say they will only refund / pay out if MFA declare 'not advisable to go'... sigh.