Anyone know anything about 910sir

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,269
Reaction score
15,920
What's your vocation ?

SIR reservist is usually just your standard infantry stuff; movement drills, outfield mission, etc. Of course, each unit's training regime tends to differs, so it may not necessarily apply to yours.
 

YgKiller

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I ord as a MP in K-9 unit , so its just normal riflemen training?

And SIR is just a battalion? Cox i heard of 6SIR 8SIR etc
 
Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
376,120
Reaction score
122,351
Rifleman. Chiong sua.

SIR -> Singapore Infantry Regiment
 

YgKiller

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
It is an infantry battalion. You probably only know what it does when you go there. Don't need to worry.

I dont mind chiong sua is just that i ord-ed 9 years ago and this my first ict so abit forget what to do lol
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
11,568
I dont mind chiong sua is just that i ord-ed 9 years ago and this my first ict so abit forget what to do lol
ICT is like refresher, you'll do what you did during NS all over again, just spread out over many years. They know most of us already forget after some years, that's why got ICT. :s13:
 

virus1988

Banned
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
45,819
Reaction score
9,104
is this your first ICT call-up?

He already mentioned clearly in his post that's his first ICT call-up. Anyway his case is considered normal. There are those who only got called-up for their first ever ICT after ORD-ed more than 10 years.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,269
Reaction score
15,920
I dont mind chiong sua is just that i ord-ed 9 years ago and this my first ict so abit forget what to do lol

don't worry, there will be refresher training.

before the last refresher, I completely forgot all the IA drills for the SAW.
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
He already mentioned clearly in his post that's his first ICT call-up. Anyway his case is considered normal. There are those who only got called-up for their first ever ICT after ORD-ed more than 10 years.

Yup same as TS I also kenna called up 9 years after ORD lol.

And last year when I went back I even saw someone wearing the old no.4.:s13:
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
then liddat still can get the CPF payment for the NS award?

I just got the CPF $$$ for my 2nd milestone. I am not eligible for the 1st milestone CPF payment as I ORDed in 2006.

For the 3rd milestone for sure I will be unable to get it.
 

virus1988

Banned
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
45,819
Reaction score
9,104
I just got the CPF $$$ for my 2nd milestone. I am not eligible for the 1st milestone CPF payment as I ORDed in 2006.

For the 3rd milestone for sure I will be unable to get it.

If your first call-up is 9 years after your ORD, then it's possible u could receive the 3rd milestone payment. For example u ORD-ed at 21yo, your first ICT is at 30yo, and if they keep calling u every year without fail, u will have completed 10 cycles (including 7 HK) by the time u reach 40. So u should be able to receive the 3rd milestone.
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
If your first call-up is 9 years after your ORD, then it's possible u could receive the 3rd milestone payment. For example u ORD-ed at 21yo, your first ICT is at 30yo, and if they keep calling u every year without fail, u will have completed 10 cycles (including 7 HK) by the time u reach 40. So u should be able to receive the 3rd milestone.

I served my 1st ICT at the age of 31 and by the time I reached 40 I would have served at most only 9 ICTs if they called up every year (so far the unit have call up for ICT every year) so I will ROD at least 1 cycle before my unit MR.
 

virus1988

Banned
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
45,819
Reaction score
9,104
I served my 1st ICT at the age of 31 and by the time I reached 40 I would have served at most only 9 ICTs if they called up every year (so far the unit have call up for ICT every year) so I will ROD at least 1 cycle before my unit MR.

Your case maybe got slight chance. Talk to your CO or OC about this matter. It's such a waste to not be receiving the 3rd milestone just because of not serving that 1 final cycle. If your 10th ICT is at 40yo, still got chance maybe. Best is try talk this issue up to your superiors, maybe they might be able to help u out. If not wrong, a few RT here and there can also clock to half-a-cycle towards your ICT, something like that, can't rmb much.
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
Your case maybe got slight chance. Talk to your CO or OC about this matter. It's such a waste to not be receiving the 3rd milestone just because of not serving that 1 final cycle. If your 10th ICT is at 40yo, still got chance maybe. Best is try talk this issue up to your superiors, maybe they might be able to help u out. If not wrong, a few RT here and there can also clock to half-a-cycle towards your ICT, something like that, can't rmb much.

If my birthday falls after April maybe still got chances to clock in 10th ICT but my birthday falls on February, before their financial year starts.

Or maybe I can volunteer to extend my NS by 1 year? But don't think they will approve as I am not a KAH nor I will contribute to the unit in the last cycle.

But then it might also be possible that they will not call up for certain years, especially after ATEC 2 I believe so there are chances that I only need to serve 8 ICTs or less.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top