Anyone Planning to Buy Haswell E?

escksu

Banned
Joined
Nov 24, 2011
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
3
Hmm...... I very gian......No idea if I should go for it..... Purpose is just for normal usage and play games.....I have never own or use an 8 core CPU before in my life. So its like an experience.
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
I use my 6-core 4930k to surf net and pcw on hwz.. Satki anot :p feels like 4790k faster tho haha!
 

escksu

Banned
Joined
Nov 24, 2011
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
3
I use my 6-core 4930k to surf net and pcw on hwz.. Satki anot :p feels like 4790k faster tho haha!

Hows the feeling? Is it significantly faster than a quad core? cause I am still using 2500K....lol (very old and slow....) Planning to upgrade to either 4790K or perhaps save up more and go for 5960x.....Do you think its worth it?
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
cause I am still using 2500K....lol (very old and slow....) Planning to upgrade to either 4790K or perhaps save up more and go for 5960x.....Do you think its worth it?

If 2500K is slow for you, 5960X won't be of any difference :s13:
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
Hows the feeling? Is it significantly faster than a quad core? cause I am still using 2500K....lol (very old and slow....) Planning to upgrade to either 4790K or perhaps save up more and go for 5960x.....Do you think its worth it?

Well... ...

The sad truth is that I don't feel the IVB-E is any faster than DC at all.. in day-to-day use it is pretty much exactly the same. Of course the 6-core will thrash the quad-core in CPU benchmarks (like Cinebench) but unless you have a specific use for the extra cores (games don't count) I would say it's a waste of money.

I think that you should only buy Haswell-E if 1) budget is not a concern (ie too much money), 2) you're sure you have a good use for the extra cores, or 3) you intend to SLI more than 2 cards at a time, 4) you just want to look satki and bad-ass with the best gear available :s13::s13: I don't think buying it for (4) is a bad idea because that's pretty much what I did myself :s22::s22:
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,149
Reaction score
1,255
Hows the feeling? Is it significantly faster than a quad core? cause I am still using 2500K....lol (very old and slow....) Planning to upgrade to either 4790K or perhaps save up more and go for 5960x.....Do you think its worth it?
i5-2500k slow for you....

You just made me very emo. :( :(

Don't insult my precious i5-2500k lei. :(
 

CrazyBlue

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
761
Reaction score
5
Same question actually. 5960k or 4790K. Plan to SLI, but only 2x..really curious how the 8 core will be like. Last time people say 2 core useless, now..? Then came 4 cores, and people say the same thing...now? what about 8 cores? :s22:
 

Alternative X

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
0
Same question actually. 5960k or 4790K. Plan to SLI, but only 2x..really curious how the 8 core will be like. Last time people say 2 core useless, now..? Then came 4 cores, and people say the same thing...now? what about 8 cores? :s22:
AMD also got 8 core, but not much programs actually completely use its 8 cores. I think that buying Haswell E is a massive waste of $$$ as very few programs are actually written to use 4 cores for maximum performance, let alone 8.
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,149
Reaction score
1,255
Its like 3 generations behind. already. Now got 5 series.... ours only 2 series.....Even 3 series also no more.
The performance improvement between 2,3,4 are not significant lei.

Don't say E series lah. The mainstream CPUs.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
I upgrade from i7-920 to 4790k it was very different indeed

As long as you're coming from before Sandy Bridge, the jump will be significant.

People who truly need LGA2011 will not need to question themselves since cost should be a non-issue anyway and they need the performance pronto
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top