Anyone using M1 FoneCare+ Service?

fortheus

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
I did sign up but then I cancel because it cost a lot more for yearly recontract.

When recontract yearly the "waive" the $350, but actually it's like trade in your phone condition for $350. Plus you need to purchase new device.

For insurance part, there's plus minus. On the plus side, they have replacement (in case you lost your phone).

The rest is about par or worse compared with applecare+

Applecare+ cost 226 +49 if you break your phone screen. Break it 2 times cost 226 + (2x49). Any other damage will cost 226 + 149.

Fonecare+ cost 8/month + 175 so if you break the screen after a year it will be 271. Break it 2 times, it is more expensive than applecare+

But if your phone is damaged other than the screen, Fonecare+ is better
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
I signed up as they say can cancel anytime. Cancelled days later once I see the clause that they can give you equivalent phones of similar specs, regardless of brand.

Imagine they give you android phone with specs like iPhone 😱
 

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
13,706
Reaction score
578
I signed up as they say can cancel anytime. Cancelled days later once I see the clause that they can give you equivalent phones of similar specs, regardless of brand.

Imagine they give you android phone with specs like iPhone 😱

Haha scali they give u ip5, told u same ios = same specs
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
I wonder what phone is similar spec as the iphone 7.... S7 ah ? Or S7edge

If you buy iPhone 7 32gb, I think they can easily give you better specs android phones. Rem that iPhone 7 only have 2gb ram so many low end phones will easily meet the specs. Some even exceed the specs.

But having said that, I believe that they will not want risk such poor publicity. Just that I don't wanna take the risk and I like being able to call apple and use their express replacement service
 

manofsorrows

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
690
If you buy iPhone 7 32gb, I think they can easily give you better specs android phones. Rem that iPhone 7 only have 2gb ram so many low end phones will easily meet the specs. Some even exceed the specs.

But having said that, I believe that they will not want risk such poor publicity. Just that I don't wanna take the risk and I like being able to call apple and use their express replacement service

Wah if i buy 256gb, they cant match any phone that has this kinda storage. At most ask you buy memory card... which defeats the purpose as not all apps can install on mem card.
 

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
5,095
Reaction score
87
I signed up as they say can cancel anytime. Cancelled days later once I see the clause that they can give you equivalent phones of similar specs, regardless of brand.

Imagine they give you android phone with specs like iPhone 😱

i was told they will replace the exact model of iPhone
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
i was told they will replace the exact model of iPhone

Yes that is what they say verbally. But the terms and conditions say they will replace with a "like phone". You can reject but they will have 30 days to source for the phone you are holding. If not, you will waive off the contract. My take is they will only do this if they think you are abusing the system so generally they will give you the same model. But can you wait?

I can't do without my phone for even a week, not to mention a month. There are also fees involved. See below and make your own assessment

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/TermsAndConditions/Add-onservices/FoneCare
 

ysl060704

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
399
Reaction score
6
I did sign up but then I cancel because it cost a lot more for yearly recontract.

When recontract yearly the "waive" the $350, but actually it's like trade in your phone condition for $350. Plus you need to purchase new device.

For insurance part, there's plus minus. On the plus side, they have replacement (in case you lost your phone).

The rest is about par or worse compared with applecare+

Applecare+ cost 226 +49 if you break your phone screen. Break it 2 times cost 226 + (2x49). Any other damage will cost 226 + 149.

Fonecare+ cost 8/month + 175 so if you break the screen after a year it will be 271. Break it 2 times, it is more expensive than applecare+

But if your phone is damaged other than the screen, Fonecare+ is better


Applecare repairs your screen.
Fonecare give you brand new phone.
 

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
I think Fonecare is faster if you are located in Singapore? They will send a phone to you within 4 hours? I don't think you can do that for Apple care

4 hour subject to have stock too
If u read before, on other page many have problem with the delivery timeline.
Mia worse than singpost or other issue
 

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
8,712
Reaction score
4
1. M1 Phonecare +
Initial payment (24 months) = $192
Screen crack + other damage = $175
Phone lost = $575 (before 6 months) and $375 (after 6 months)

2. AppleCare +
Initial payment = $228
Screen crack = $48 (Savings of $91)
Other damage = $148 (Overall spend $9 more as compared to Fonecare+)
Replacement of lost phone (6 months) = may spend $400 more
Replacement of lost phone (> 6 months) = may spend 200 more

3. Dont care (Didnt buy any warranty)
Screen crack = $300 (Repair at Sim Lim)
Other damage = $100 (Repair at Sim Lim)
Lose your phone. Similar to AppleCare +

I think it is good to ah least get FoneCare+ or AppleCare+. As compared to the cost of IPhone 7 plus 256gb, it cost about ~13% to buy an insurance. I think Fonecare+ is good if you suay suay lose your phone (Happen to 1-2 of my friends)
 

seveneleven

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
618
Reaction score
0
regarding this fonecare thing, if i suay suay lost my phone, and i pay for the replacement iphone (they claim that will be replace with new iphone 7 plus, since its just launch and no refurbish set yet), after i get this replacement phone and happn that i found back my lost iphone, will i still be able to use my "lost" iphone, to call and message?

i was told that once you report lost to M1, they will inform Apple and Apple will label the imei number of the lost phone as lost.
 

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
regarding this fonecare thing, if i suay suay lost my phone, and i pay for the replacement iphone (they claim that will be replace with new iphone 7 plus, since its just launch and no refurbish set yet), after i get this replacement phone and happn that i found back my lost iphone, will i still be able to use my "lost" iphone, to call and message?

i was told that once you report lost to M1, they will inform Apple and Apple will label the imei number of the lost phone as lost.

who is the "they claim"?
people can see what your implying
 

seveneleven

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
618
Reaction score
0
so if later that manage to find back the "lost" phone, will i still be able to use that phone?
 

kokchoong

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
3
so if later that manage to find back the "lost" phone, will i still be able to use that phone?

nope, it is clearly stated that the ownership of the "lost" phone will reside with M1.
So if you find it and continue to use it, you may be seen as using a stolen phone.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top