Anyone using Toshiba 3.5" 2TB HDD here?

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
I know this is not the right place but I am in a hurry. My Hitachi HDD is failing soon.

Is Toshiba 2TB good? Fast and reliable? And the warranty is by who? I heard got parallel import one in SLS.
 

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
This is what I see in my Hitachi drive now.

FeQ1WHa.jpg
 

wuweiz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
17,875
Reaction score
0
Not sure. Just buy WD Green or Seagate if just using for storage. :p
 

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
Not sure. Just buy WD Green or Seagate if just using for storage. :p

I need one HDD only. I'm going to be using it for everything so I need a 7200rpm one.

WD black is too expensive and Seagate is kind of unreliable before. Not sure about now.
 

MeteorMeme

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2013
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
0
i love it, got 2.
WD sucks.
Seagate buay pai, but edmwer no like because pinoy
 

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
i love it, got 2.
WD sucks.
Seagate buay pai, but edmwer no like because pinoy

So is it reliable and fast enough?

And where you bought it? I want one from Kaira or Toshiba SG. No parallel imported crap.

how chiu get tis screen?

HDTunes loh.

WD black got 5 years warranty leh. I have 2x2TB WD Black.


But WD Black is double the price of a Toshiba and Seagate leh. :s22:

I've used before WD Black and it's a joke. There is no performance gain at all. Never going to get a WD Black again unless it is cheap. What a ******* scam.
 

wuweiz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
17,875
Reaction score
0
I need one HDD only. I'm going to be using it for everything so I need a 7200rpm one.

WD black is too expensive and Seagate is kind of unreliable before. Not sure about now.

Wau Lao. Buy SSD for applications n a hdd for storage lah. So big hdd for everything ish no good. :x
 

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
Nowadays, no one uses hdd for "performance". Im using it because of the warranty. Anyway, i read that hitachi (which sold it's business to both WD and Toshiba) is not bad.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
1,781
Ive built 4 computers with toshiba 2tb. All works fine out of the box.
 

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
Thanks, I think I will get this.

Anyone knows if Tradepac is selling Kaira stock or parallel import?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
i love it, got 2.
WD sucks.
Seagate buay pai, but edmwer no like because pinoy

sorry, i don't like Seagate because it went dead 101 times for me.

Pinoy is just another justification on why i hate it even more.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
oh and btw, i am on 3TB x 2 7200RPM Toshiba HDD. So far so good after a couple of mths
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I have am running one of this Toshiba drive in my HTPC. So far so good, and it gets its job done as a storage drive. From what I understand, 3.5 inch drives from Toshiba are manufactured using the factory acquired by Toshiba from Hitachi. Warranty is 2 years unfortunately, but I am not too concern about warranty here. As long as it last, I am happy.

And yes, stay away from Seagate is my advise. I too had too many bad experiences with their drives.
 

lookers

Master Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
4,406
Reaction score
1
Sianz la. the 2TB Seagate/WD green/Toshiba all $119...

The most reliable 2TB WD Black... is priced at $210+ ..

Why like tt =/
 

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
7,416
Reaction score
0
Sianz la. the 2TB Seagate/WD green/Toshiba all $119...

The most reliable 2TB WD Black... is priced at $210+ ..

Why like tt =/

hmmm.. just bought 2TB Toshiba from tradepac at $111 leh. Problem is I got the DNS-320 which is the cheapest one around... and didn't fulfill my main criteria of able to stream videos remotely.
 
Last edited:

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
85,836
Reaction score
2
Just bought one from Tradepac for $112.

How come you pay $111 nia? :s27:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top