Appeal for HK ICT deferment?

ashketchum

Master Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
308
I'm being called up for HK ICT next year Mar. However I'm currently doing my part time masters degree and the ICT falls smack right I the middle of the semester, where usually most project/report deadlines are.

I sent whatever information I had including timetable but my deferment was rejected. The official reason gave was that it was not overlapping with the final exams hence cannot defer.

Wt flying fk? I would miss two weeks of classes and deadlines... I can't prove the deadlines cos that information is usually only available when term starts, around week 2.

Any chance to appeal?
 

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
17,242
Reaction score
4,933
I'm being called up for HK ICT next year Mar. However I'm currently doing my part time masters degree and the ICT falls smack right I the middle of the semester, where usually most project/report deadlines are.

I sent whatever information I had including timetable but my deferment was rejected. The official reason gave was that it was not overlapping with the final exams hence cannot defer.

Wt flying fk? I would miss two weeks of classes and deadlines... I can't prove the deadlines cos that information is usually only available when term starts, around week 2.

Any chance to appeal?
Part time master where?
If local, no deferment.......

If you apply through ns portal, immediate rejection... Some co said is jumping the chain of command..... Unprofessional......

I suggest u tell ur course coordinator about it in advance...... They will be willing to extend for u.... Too bad, serving ict is a privilege for sinkie males.

Fun fact, I have a friend who got mob manning after reading week..... Deferment rejected because it is local uni.....
 

desmond_yee1

Banned
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
45,143
Reaction score
25,036
I'm being called up for HK ICT next year Mar. However I'm currently doing my part time masters degree and the ICT falls smack right I the middle of the semester, where usually most project/report deadlines are.

I sent whatever information I had including timetable but my deferment was rejected. The official reason gave was that it was not overlapping with the final exams hence cannot defer.

Wt flying fk? I would miss two weeks of classes and deadlines... I can't prove the deadlines cos that information is usually only available when term starts, around week 2.

Any chance to appeal?
ask your uni to write letter of appeal
 

ashketchum

Master Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
308
Part time master where?
If local, no deferment.......

If you apply through ns portal, immediate rejection... Some co said is jumping the chain of command..... Unprofessional......

I suggest u tell ur course coordinator about it in advance...... They will be willing to extend for u.... Too bad, serving ict is a privilege for sinkie males.

Fun fact, I have a friend who got mob manning after reading week..... Deferment rejected because it is local uni.....

Local... Nus.

Wah damn fugged up man. My CO was the one that responded to my application saying he reject the deferment.

And worse part is I'm just a man, all the time is sleep in bunk zz
 

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
17,242
Reaction score
4,933
Local... Nus.

Wah damn fugged up man. My CO was the one that responded to my application saying he reject the deferment.

And worse part is I'm just a man, all the time is sleep in bunk zz
i am not surprised.....
I didnt manage to attend my grandfather funeral during ns obligations.....

make sure you think wisely in next ge.....
 

ashketchum

Master Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
308
i am not surprised.....
I didnt manage to attend my grandfather funeral during ns obligations.....

make sure you think wisely in next ge.....

I've always been pro-oppo. Fugging hell man, I see my CO response also pissing me off.

He still put, "looking forward to your participation in the ICT. Thx"

Blood won't boil meh like that.. Zzz, disrupt my life for smth stupid like this. Argghh hate it here man
 

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
17,242
Reaction score
4,933
I've always been pro-oppo. Fugging hell man, I see my CO response also pissing me off.

He still put, "looking forward to your participation in the ICT. Thx"

Blood won't boil meh like that.. Zzz, disrupt my life for smth stupid like this. Argghh hate it here man
how many more cycles to go?
and if possible when ur sem starts, tell your course coordinator ur high ket ict that prevent you from submitting deliverables......

the course coordinator will be kind to reschedule for you.
if they ignore you, just write in to registrar
 

ashketchum

Master Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
308
how many more cycles to go?
and if possible when ur sem starts, tell your course coordinator ur high ket ict that prevent you from submitting deliverables......

the course coordinator will be kind to reschedule for you.
if they ignore you, just write in to registrar

Thanks for the advice mate. Appreciate it.

Gonna try appealing with my CO again once Sem starts in Jan, hopefully the profs would have released some deadlines by then for me to further justify the deferment.

Would write it to the course coordinator for help. Thanks
 

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
22,631
Reaction score
19,955
I'm being called up for HK ICT next year Mar. However I'm currently doing my part time masters degree and the ICT falls smack right I the middle of the semester, where usually most project/report deadlines are.

I sent whatever information I had including timetable but my deferment was rejected. The official reason gave was that it was not overlapping with the final exams hence cannot defer.

Wt flying fk? I would miss two weeks of classes and deadlines... I can't prove the deadlines cos that information is usually only available when term starts, around week 2.

Any chance to appeal?
any updates? in the end your CO screwed u over?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top