Appealing against infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I dont usually appeal against infractions because I know what I asked for when I post.
However I do not tolerate unreasonable infracting.
Whomever the mod who gave me my last 2 infractions, please come forward and give your explaination as to why you classified my posts as nuisance. Kindly provide the quote to the posting.
I hope you come with a detailed explaination because I have alot to say to you.

PS: And please, whose idea was it to come out with this nonsense of PM'ing users of an infraction while giving us a link to a deleted post? What are you expecting us to see?

I await for your reply.
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,539
Reaction score
5,284
We have received multiple reports in the thread you participated and you were faulted for harassment against user Perisher, I have awarded you 3+3 for thread derail and subsequent replies deleted instead of infracting further.

I can show you the posts as well

Yes, minister wannabe.
A wannabe who doesnt stick to what he said.
Fight for last word proven true.

I don't fight for the last word, I simply reply "when quoted".
Not replying further "to a minister wannabe" on this matter.
I was replying to this thread and someone called me spamming.
I did not quote anything but someone quoted me fighting for last word.
Emmmm.

As for this
PS: And please, whose idea was it to come out with this nonsense of PM'ing users of an infraction while giving us a link to a deleted post? What are you expecting us to see?

I will forward to admin for consideration on improving the system.

Thanks.

O
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
Thank you for your reply.

Firet of all, I will like to ensure that you will agree that there wasn't any language misconduct in the posts. No name calling, vulgarites, insultijg and such.

I do not know why would you call it harrassing when I was challenging him to his own statement. He made a statement, I challenged him to it, he REPLIED, I challenged him again. If you look at the thread history, there were no insults, vulgarities, name calling or fights involved. Or maybe you think that minister wannabe is name calling then yes, thats 1. He replied I respond. He could not hold his stand and ended up spamming reports calling it harrassing? If he felt harraesed, why reply? When rebut, cry foul. What do you call that? Trolling?

Whatever I said is my own opinion. I dont see how I should be infracted just because someone reported. When my posts contain no language misconduct. If you are infracting me because of my content, I think you crossed the line of moderating. I strongly believe edmw do practice free speech. I do not wish my opinion/view/statement being moderated in such fashion. I am open if you wish to challenge me with a reply but not with an infraction. Moderate my conduct, challenge my content.

If I am telling you an apple is blue, thats my opinion, do you infract me for rubbish post? I bet you wont. When ppl say their toilet bowl spoke to them, thats their opinion. Do you infract them? You dont.

So when I challenged him with a/his statement, thats my opinion/content, why infract me? He want to reply and reply and reply but when he finally couldnt hold on to his own statement, neither could he shut his mouth or lie his way through and wiggle his way out of the pit he dug himself into, he spammed the report button like 12 times? And you actually bought into his nonsense to infract me?

Now tell me, do you still think I harrassed him?
 

Multiversal

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,857
Reaction score
8,141
Thank you for your reply.

Firet of all, I will like to ensure that you will agree that there wasn't any language misconduct in the posts. No name calling, vulgarites, insultijg and such.

I do not know why would you call it harrassing when I was challenging him to his own statement. He made a statement, I challenged him to it, he REPLIED, I challenged him again. If you look at the thread history, there were no insults, vulgarities, name calling or fights involved. Or maybe you think that minister wannabe is name calling then yes, thats 1. He replied I respond. He could not hold his stand and ended up spamming reports calling it harrassing? If he felt harraesed, why reply? When rebut, cry foul. What do you call that? Trolling?

Whatever I said is my own opinion. I dont see how I should be infracted just because someone reported. When my posts contain no language misconduct. If you are infracting me because of my content, I think you crossed the line of moderating. I strongly believe edmw do practice free speech. I do not wish my opinion/view/statement being moderated in such fashion. I am open if you wish to challenge me with a reply but not with an infraction. Moderate my conduct, challenge my content.

If I am telling you an apple is blue, thats my opinion, do you infract me for rubbish post? I bet you wont. When ppl say their toilet bowl spoke to them, thats their opinion. Do you infract them? You dont.

So when I challenged him with a/his statement, thats my opinion/content, why infract me? He want to reply and reply and reply but when he finally couldnt hold on to his own statement, neither could he shut his mouth or lie his way through and wiggle his way out of the pit he dug himself into, he spammed the report button like 12 times? And you actually bought into his nonsense to infract me?

Now tell me, do you still think I harrassed him?
Perisher is one of those members I have stopped replying to. In almost every other thread on other topics, I received LIKES and friendly responses. But once I stepped into threads on politics, I would be called names like ib, and sarcastic remarks, insults. When I gave it back to them, I got infracted because a whole group which attacked me reported me. I never bothered to appeal....too tiring. Just let it be. Even if I get banned, I would still vote for PAP.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
Perisher is one of those members I have stopped replying to. In almost every other thread on other topics, I received LIKES and friendly responses. But once I stepped into threads on politics, I would be called names like ib, and sarcastic remarks, insults. When I gave it back to them, I got infracted because a whole group which attacked me reported me. I never bothered to appeal....too tiring. Just let it be. Even if I get banned, I would still vote for PAP.
You scold back, you lose.
You see, I reply back, nvr scold anything also kana reporred for harrassing.
Only he can say ppl, reply back tio report.
I did not even mutli reply or what.

Its like his mouth keep saying got ppl molest him but his body keep moving towards the "molester".
 

Multiversal

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,857
Reaction score
8,141
You scold back, you lose.
You see, I reply back, nvr scold anything also kana reporred for harrassing.
Only he can say ppl, reply back tio report.
I did not even mutli reply or what.

Its like his mouth keep saying got ppl molest him but his body keep moving towards the "molester".
I know. Just yesterday I did not respond to another cantankerous member, who wrote four five replies to attack me, calling me ib and taunting me, trying to get a reaction from me, while, which I strongly suspect based on past experience, a gang is waiting by the side for a chance to report me and get me banned. I simply IGNORED him and went to the other room to tcss with the kym guys. So, there was no way for the mod to infract me.
 

eclipsemints

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
39,022
Reaction score
3,737
I know. Just yesterday I did not respond to another cantankerous member, who wrote four five replies to attack me, calling me ib and taunting me, trying to get a reaction from me, while, which I strongly suspect based on past experience, a gang is waiting by the side for a chance to report me and get me banned. I simply IGNORED him and went to the other room to tcss with the kym guys. So, there was no way for the mod to infract me.
Same story if you try to fight with the anti china gang here. They will mass report you till you get banned. I kanna many times liao lol while they got away scott free, continuing to name call anyone "wumao" who disagrees with them.

Just ignore them and let them circle jerk among themselves bah. Same for SG politic threads too.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I know. Just yesterday I did not respond to another cantankerous member, who wrote four five replies to attack me, calling me ib and taunting me, trying to get a reaction from me, while, which I strongly suspect based on past experience, a gang is waiting by the side for a chance to report me and get me banned. I simply IGNORED him and went to the other room to tcss with the kym guys. So, there was no way for the mod to infract me.
Haha, I cant seem to keep quiet if I know I am absolutely right with a point. Challenging others is in my blood.
For this case, I assumed that that fellow trolled me to bait me for 12 to 13 replies. Then played victim card mass spam report button. Received 11 post deletion notitication and 2 infractions. So should be 13 reports. All made in 1 shot trying to get me pban. Lucky I survived to tell the story.
 

Multiversal

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,857
Reaction score
8,141
Haha, I cant seem to keep quiet if I know I am absolutely right with a point. Challenging others is in my blood.
For this case, I assumed that that fellow trolled me to bait me for 12 to 13 replies. Then played victim card mass spam report button. Received 11 post deletion notitication and 2 infractions. So should be 13 reports. All made in 1 shot trying to get me pban. Lucky I survived to tell the story.
If the mod had infracted you wrongly, she should reverse the infraction, and instead, infract the person who made a frivolous report. If this does not happen, then you can escalate the matter up to Vijay.

As for me, I would let it be as I said earlier. It's too troublesome to explain to the mod, pointing her to this and that post, explaining how it started, who was the provocateur. Some of these members seem to be smarter than the mod, and they literally manipulate her, and she is so gullible as to fall for their antics, and infract the wrong person. It happened before, and Admin had actually reversed it.

This is just a forum. Just say, I have been there, now it doesn't matter to me anymore. Just walk away if they want to pick a quarrel. I didn't even bother to report them because I got the feeling the mod was on their side anyway,
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
If the mod had infracted you wrongly, she should reverse the infraction, and instead, infract the person who made a frivolous report. If this does not happen, then you can escalate the matter up to Vijay.

As for me, I would let it be as I said earlier. It's too troublesome to explain to the mod, pointing her to this and that post, explaining how it started, who was the provocateur. Some of these members seem to be smarter than the mod, and they literally manipulate her, and she is so gullible as to fall for their antics, and infract the wrong person. It happened before, and Admin had actually reversed it.

This is just a forum. Just say, I have been there, now it doesn't matter to me anymore. Just walk away if they want to pick a quarrel. I didn't even bother to report them because I got the feeling the mod was on their side anyway,
1 step at a time. But you are absolutely right.
I am still waiting for the mod to respond. Its very clear that the mod didnt actually read the entire situation and just infracted because there were multiple reports spammed. Infract, job considered done.

Mods are human too. You tell me they can be absolutely neutral? Very hard. Thats when facts come in. I dont care if its mod or prime minister, I did not do anything wrong, I will fight till the end.

Now @Ottoke, this is taking a little too long for you to reply. Or you arent intending to reply and was thinking to sweep this under the carpet?
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,539
Reaction score
5,284
I was busy working. You mean I have to stop work to reply you?

Warning already given to both sides.

If you want to pursue further, only admin can reverse infractions. I let him decide. @Dragon

I stand by my decision for faulting both parties.

O
 

IndianChief

Banned
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
25,482
Reaction score
8,357
Agree with TS. Lousy moderating

infracting just cause people reported is lame without even going thru the content to see if it’s valid.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I was busy working. You mean I have to stop work to reply you?

Warning already given to both sides.

If you want to pursue further, only admin can reverse infractions. I let him decide. @Dragon

I stand by my decision for faulting both parties.

O
Great for being stubborn.
I gave you a clear cut explaination(with proof) that I DID NOT harrass him but you still chose to insist I did? Good. You think by infracting both parties mean you are being fair?

If you are working 24/7, then sorry, I had troubled you. You wanted to be a moderator and yet tell users you were so busy when they are facing an issue that was directly/indirectly caused by you?

Seriously, I think you should quit as a mod.
 

PaulLevesque

Banned
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
73,193
Reaction score
11,369
I was busy working. You mean I have to stop work to reply you?

Warning already given to both sides.

If you want to pursue further, only admin can reverse infractions. I let him decide. @Dragon

I stand by my decision for faulting both parties.

O
Huh admin and mods what’s the difference sia? Thought they are the same?
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I was busy working. You mean I have to stop work to reply you?

Warning already given to both sides.

If you want to pursue further, only admin can reverse infractions. I let him decide. @Dragon

I stand by my decision for faulting both parties.

O
From Dr Vijay.

Hi,

Give us more time to crunch on this and let's continue this via the discussion thread in the feedback forum with the respective mods. As you can see, the team does follow-up on matters raised.

Thank you

Now admin and mod play taichi. Mod say only admin can reverse. Admin say let mod do. Lets see whats next. I think the infraction expire already also nothing will be done. Sweep under carpet.

Its ok if thats how active users are being pushed away while clones are welcomed. Lets just watch on. 1 week, nothing done.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
@NumberX grow up. You were taunting perisher repeatedly in his discussions. Despite his repeated attempts in asking you to cut it out. If you cannot agree to disagree or cannot accept other opinions then there's no need to disrupt the flow of that discussion which I counted at least 5 nuisance posts.

1619745775765.png

1619745876174.png

1619745923668.png
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Perisher is one of those members I have stopped replying to. In almost every other thread on other topics, I received LIKES and friendly responses. But once I stepped into threads on politics, I would be called names like ib, and sarcastic remarks, insults. When I gave it back to them, I got infracted because a whole group which attacked me reported me. I never bothered to appeal....too tiring. Just let it be. Even if I get banned, I would still vote for PAP.
Great, pinning everyone’s issue using my name. Talk like I don’t receive insults, sarcastic remark, names calling. It goes both way.

I didn’t report you anyway. Feel free to report me. I can only say be careful with how you reply. Both sides has people who were infracted and ban. Know where’s the line.

btw, if you truly wanna stop replying someone, don’t even quote the name, that’s just asking for it. Just saying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top