Appealing against infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Thank you for your reply.

Firet of all, I will like to ensure that you will agree that there wasn't any language misconduct in the posts. No name calling, vulgarites, insultijg and such.

I do not know why would you call it harrassing when I was challenging him to his own statement. He made a statement, I challenged him to it, he REPLIED, I challenged him again. If you look at the thread history, there were no insults, vulgarities, name calling or fights involved. Or maybe you think that minister wannabe is name calling then yes, thats 1. He replied I respond. He could not hold his stand and ended up spamming reports calling it harrassing? If he felt harraesed, why reply? When rebut, cry foul. What do you call that? Trolling?

Whatever I said is my own opinion. I dont see how I should be infracted just because someone reported. When my posts contain no language misconduct. If you are infracting me because of my content, I think you crossed the line of moderating. I strongly believe edmw do practice free speech. I do not wish my opinion/view/statement being moderated in such fashion. I am open if you wish to challenge me with a reply but not with an infraction. Moderate my conduct, challenge my content.

If I am telling you an apple is blue, thats my opinion, do you infract me for rubbish post? I bet you wont. When ppl say their toilet bowl spoke to them, thats their opinion. Do you infract them? You dont.

So when I challenged him with a/his statement, thats my opinion/content, why infract me? He want to reply and reply and reply but when he finally couldnt hold on to his own statement, neither could he shut his mouth or lie his way through and wiggle his way out of the pit he dug himself into, he spammed the report button like 12 times? And you actually bought into his nonsense to infract me?

Now tell me, do you still think I harrassed him?
I can tell you a few facts, I reported you. Not 12x. Not even close.
Just the times after I tell you to stop derailing my threads and you persist to.

I didn’t lie nor wriggle, that’s just your opinion. What I reported was simply what you did, derail the thread. If you can’t tell, read your own post and ask yourself how is your reply relevant to the topc.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Great for being stubborn.
I gave you a clear cut explaination(with proof) that I DID NOT harrass him but you still chose to insist I did? Good. You think by infracting both parties mean you are being fair?

If you are working 24/7, then sorry, I had troubled you. You wanted to be a moderator and yet tell users you were so busy when they are facing an issue that was directly/indirectly caused by you?

Seriously, I think you should quit as a mod.
they are volunteers. not paid.
They reply you within a reasonable amount of time. Not months or years.
Though some cases do go that length, forgotten.
 

IndianChief

Banned
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
25,482
Reaction score
8,357
they are volunteers. not paid.
They reply you within a reasonable amount of time. Not months or years.
Though some cases do go that length, forgotten.
But how come not paid volunteers very fast to infract but when need to explain, all the sob story about how they are not paid comes out?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
But how come not paid volunteers very fast to infract but when need to explain, all the sob story about how they are not paid comes out?
Infract also takes time to read the thread.
There were many cases where members here kpkb about decisions to infract taking too long before too.
All these are depending on how free the mod is.
 

psytxtbk4exam

Suspended
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
1,070
TS, i can tell u something, both u and Perisher have enemies in the backgrounds can't wait to see both of you eliminate each other.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
@NumberX grow up. You were taunting perisher repeatedly in his discussions. Despite his repeated attempts in asking you to cut it out. If you cannot agree to disagree or cannot accept other opinions then there's no need to disrupt the flow of that discussion which I counted at least 5 nuisance posts.

View attachment 28824

View attachment 28826

View attachment 28827
Can you explain how is repeated replies from him harrassing?
Harrassing is one sided. If he had not replied, well, I will accept the infractions.
He has his own opinion. I did not report his opinion.
He reply and reply, in the end spam report for harrassment.
Will you ask him to grow up?
The statement of "I do not fight for last word, I only reply when quoted" was said by HIM IN THE THREAD. I cant reply and challenge him on that statement IN THE THREAD? I did means I derail the thread?
In the end, was I wrong? No.
I did not quote him but he kept replying.
I called him a minister wannabe. Am I am wrong?
No. He isnt a minister but a wannabe.
Tell me, how did the infracted post derailed/harrassed? I stated 100% FACTS.

You shouldnt have replied. You were the mod who ownself went against forum rules of openly allowing clones. Ownself cant even set good example wanna ask me to grow up? Maybe you wanna infract this post as well because I "harrassed" you?
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
TS, i can tell u something, both u and Perisher have enemies in the backgrounds can't wait to see both of you eliminate each other.
Its ok. I am not staying here for long.
With such mods around, black and white cannot tell, its just a waste of time.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
Hi @kaypohchee

1. I agree that the dosages are available online but they may not be for public use or self medication. Moreover, you must also know that what you had done, in your sharing, was similar to prescribing medicine dosage when nothing much is concrete yet. No doctor / pharmacist would prescribe dosages without knowing the underlying condition of their patients.

2. As you mentioned, Ivermectin is a prescription drug for certain usages. Therefore it is controlled and regulated. Its use in Covid-19 studies is currently only in medical trials under the close supervision of researchers and doctors. Each trial is rigorously conducted and have gone through certain internal reviews required for human trials.
I will not dispute that IVM could be one of the many answers, but it has to be properly approved by local authorities for public use outside clinical trials.

Hence, for you to approach doctors to ask for IVM, is similar to me saying that "eating a sweet a day keeps the doctor away". They have the responsibility to ensure that you will not cause harm to yourself by taking medicines not meant for this purpose. Similarly, we removed the post not because we are sponsored by big pharma or whatever (full disclosure, we are not), but to ensure that we are here to ensure the safety of our forumers.

3. Vaccination or the IVM, both do not offer 100% prevention for anything. While results are promising, further studies are needed to be conducted. Fewer symptomatic infections from my understanding means you are still infected, but show lesser symptoms or effects. It does not prevent. This was what was shared in your 2 hour + video and also from the media release (as i didn't have time to read through the paper) by the team from NUHS.

Lastly, I may overstep my boundaries here but my concern is also for your health. Please don't do things get yourself into unnecessary trouble with the law. Get a prescription and seek clarification from the authorities before you do anything. I understand you are a primary caregiver to your parent.

I will not comment on who reported the post as it's in done in confidence, but I do read Covid-19 news and manuscripts. Noted on the request for the removed post / offending infraction to be appended to the conversation (formerly known as private messages). This is a new forum platform and as such we are still further refining it.

Have a nice saturday ahead.
Can I report you for derailing my thread?
Will you self infract?
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I took an independent look at this thread separate from @Ottoke and came to the same conclusion.
Interesting that you mentioned that you did not quote him. So what was your intent by writing all the above mentioned posts?
It's clear that you were trying to make a point and to instigate some form of response. Now, I do not think that one side is correct.
From my understanding both users have been warned for their posts.

If you have issues with any user or am unable to engage in a civil discussion with them, then leave the thread, add that user into your ignore list.

To your notion that I went against forum rules by openly allowing clones; I have explained in multiple posts, that people make mistakes and that second chances should be given on a case by case basis. I have made it clear that people who misuse this will be permanently banned on sight such as FCS. Furthermore, this is not a decision that was unilaterally made by one person. We have internal moderator processes for such cases. That said, I do see the confusion that you must have just because I was trying to be transparent in the AMA / other relevant threads and explained on behalf of the team.



Hmm, so I am being reported just because I was addressing an infraction appeal by other forum users? That's a first :s13:
I believe all users such as @kaypohchee deserve a space for their appeals and thoughts to be heard.

I have also made it clear to the her in my response to her that for future appeals, posts should be in a separate thread.
If I had higher rights to this sub forum I will move it out to a separate thread, but alas, I do not have it here.
What was my intention with all my posts?
You dont read do you? He stated "I do not fight for last word, I only reply to quotes". I challenged his statement MADE IN THAT THREAD.
So I purposely did not quote him and see what will he do. Will he stop or not. He didnt. So I proved he just doesnt shut up. Thats a FACT. I called him minister wannabe. Thats a FACT too.
If he felt harrassed, dun reply. Want to reply, cannot win arguement play report button? Why he replied to my EVERY SINGLE POST when hes so "harrassed"?
Just because he didnt like what I said doesnt mean I arent civil. There were no vulgarities, insults, name calling whatsoever. Its my plain straight opinion. If it hurt his ego, too bad. If you want to control/infract my opinion, you crossed the line.

A rule is a rule. What second chance? I knock dead someone with my car, you seize my car thats it? I buy a new car and pretend nothing happened? Black and white rules you tell me second chance. But I get infracted over my opinion?

This thread is my infraction appeal. So stay with it. He want you can bring him to open his own thread. Dun derail my thread. I did not make any replies to his appeal. Thats derailing of my thread. If I were to reply, then thats not derailing. Because I wanted his conversation to go on. So obviously that fellow replied to every of my posts, I only see a arguement/bickering going on. Where the harrassment and derail of thread resulting to 2 infractions?

I never appealed for my past infractions. Because I know I deserve it. These 2? No way.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
No more replies @Intrinion?
From start till now, only hear from you ppl "you harrassed, you derailed thread".
Where the explaination?
Keep saying you wrong you wrong but cant back up with an explaination?
I gave my side of explaination.
Why suddenly become quiet?
*checking under the carpet.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
I will not explain further. The moderator who issued you the infraction has stated clearly what was it for. I had done an independent review and similarly found your posts to be nuisance to other forum users who were engaging in a fruitful discussions and have led to the derailment of the thread. You had only been infracted for 2 instances out of the many you have spammed and actions have been taken against both users on this. This is fair and objective assessment.

As you have further stated in your earlier post — you had also stated that you purposely done certain actions in response to prove a point. So let’s not feint ignorance and try to be oblivious here, You know what you had done and that those replies from you had derailed the thread.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
You shouldnt have replied. You were the mod who ownself went against forum rules of openly allowing clones. Ownself cant even set good example wanna ask me to grow up? Maybe you wanna infract this post as well because I "harrassed" you?
To your notion that I went against forum rules by openly allowing clones; I will not take such allegations lightly. Your remarks questions my professionalism and personal integrity.

I have gone on record and explained in multiple posts, that people do make mistakes. Second chances should be given on a case by case basis. I have made it clear that people who misuse this will be permanently banned on sight such as FCS. Furthermore, this decision was not unilaterally made by one person. We have internal moderator processes for such cases.

That said, I do see the confusion that you must have just because I was trying to be transparent to the forum community in the AMA / other relevant threads by explaining on behalf of the team. :)

If you have any objections to my views on your infractions. I will recuse myself from this. You are free to seek the opinion of other moderators. I will have you know that I am one of the more liberal moderators here.
 

NumberX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,687
Reaction score
280
I will not explain further. The moderator who issued you the infraction has stated clearly what was it for. I had done an independent review and similarly found your posts to be nuisance to other forum users who were engaging in a fruitful discussions and have led to the derailment of the thread. You had only been infracted for 2 instances out of the many you have spammed and actions have been taken against both users on this. This is fair and objective assessment.

As you have further stated in your earlier post — you had also stated that you purposely done certain actions in response to prove a point. So let’s not feint ignorance and try to be oblivious here, You know what you had done and that those replies from you had derailed the thread.
Explain further? Since when did you even explained anything. You just pointed fingers saying I derailed the thread. Thats it. Thats explaining?
So what am I suppose to do if I wanted to challenge an user's statement in HIS OWN thread?

1) Open a new thread?(Later you say I spam thread)
2) Reply in current thread.(Derailing of thread)
3) Pretend never see. Act stupid block user.

Which one will you recommend me to do? If you want to bend the rules the way you want it to be, seriously, there isnt much I can do about it. But just let everyone have a good look at the moderators on edmw.
When you yourself broke the rules, you come up with reasons or should I say excuses to cover up. When you accused me of something, you cant even back up your accusation. You just wanna say "I said you derailed thread means you derailed thread". Thats it.
Calling responding/challenging to a TS' statement in his own thread derailing of the thread is a joke of many years to come.
I didnt know controlling what ppl have to say is part of your moderating job as well. Didnt see that coming. For 1 second I thought this is a north korea forum.

As for the points, you can go fly kite with it. I am done with you.
Those who agree with me, thanks. Those who dun, too bad.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,304
Reaction score
5,874
Explain further? Since when did you even explained anything. You just pointed fingers saying I derailed the thread. Thats it. Thats explaining?
So what am I suppose to do if I wanted to challenge an user's statement in HIS OWN thread?

1) Open a new thread?(Later you say I spam thread)
2) Reply in current thread.(Derailing of thread)
3) Pretend never see. Act stupid block user.

Which one will you recommend me to do? If you want to bend the rules the way you want it to be, seriously, there isnt much I can do about it. But just let everyone have a good look at the moderators on edmw.
When you yourself broke the rules, you come up with reasons or should I say excuses to cover up. When you accused me of something, you cant even back up your accusation. You just wanna say "I said you derailed thread means you derailed thread". Thats it.
Calling responding/challenging to a TS' statement in his own thread derailing of the thread is a joke of many years to come.
I didnt know controlling what ppl have to say is part of your moderating job as well. Didnt see that coming. For 1 second I thought this is a north korea forum.

As for the points, you can go fly kite with it. I am done with you.
Those who agree with me, thanks. Those who dun, too bad.
Why don’t you ask admin in to adjudicate?
 

psytxtbk4exam

Suspended
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
1,070
TS, do you agree that if you keep on quoting someone with a critical tone, you are inciting a response from that person? If the person take that as a challenge and both of you start bickering, then the person want to stop and reported. If both sides are infracted, What else do you expected the mod to do?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Just to be clear, derailing a thread means not talking/discussing the topic in the thread but steer it to other places persistently despite being told repeatedly not to.

good riddance to a nuisance who think he is always right. If there is a good argument on the topic, did be glad to counter. But derailing thread intention is so obvious and claim innocence, act cute arh?

also, replying in my thread and targeting me then claim never quote is erm either ignorant, naive or playing dumb?

ownself claim ownself never quote me then go challenge me by reply in my own thread. Unless you think I’m blind, why wouldn’t/can’t I reply in my thread?

talk like you can accept fair judgement but whole argument build on your own ego. Zzz.
 

psytxtbk4exam

Suspended
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
1,070
This is machiam to me like a staring incidence, both side arguing and fighting abt who stares at who first. Would you even still remember about all these 1 month later, so what's the point? For goodness sake, just let me have the last words this time and stop here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top