Apps from Google Play Store through GBox run within GBox. I've heard that GBox runs most android apps, including GMS dependent apps, really well. But, there may be some imperfections, notably with regard to app notifications.
Aurora Store can also look directly into Google Play Store (something like a browser) and allow installations from there into Huawei phones' EMUI or HarmonyOS. Most android apps will work in EMUI and HarmonyOS; but -- as all us Huawei users know -- some Android apps dependent on GMS will not. From my experience, MySingtel does not work properly and LifeSg does not work at all. One solution is to install microG's microG Services (-hw), microG Companion (-hw) and Services Framework Proxy. There are numerous videos on Youtube explaining the procedure, including those from 'Huawei Blog' and 'Average Dad'.
Interestingly, I found on my new Huawei Mate X6 that microG Services and microG Companion are both in AppGallery. (I cannot get to them on the AppGallery of my older Huawei devices.) Installing just these 2, with default permissions, allowed both MySingtel and LifeSg to work properly.