Apple shop charging extra 3% for installment?

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
In this case just go to Courts, HN, Best Denki. They do not practise this nonsense.



Courts does that. 7 year ago I went to courts to buy camera and decided to pay by credit card installment known as IPP in courts term

They told me by paying via credit card (not their in house installment plan) free gift all cannot give me. If I pay full amount than free give okey. NB I left without buying.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
Courts does that. 7 year ago I went to courts to buy camera and decided to pay by credit card installment known as IPP in courts term

They told me by paying via credit card (not their in house installment plan) free gift all cannot give me. If I pay full amount than free give okey. NB I left without buying.
Courts have their own instalment plans. Which they want you to sign. Their interests higher than loanshark.

E.g u buy a S7 RRP $998, after instalments + interest can go up to $1990. That is why they loop in free gifts like Tv or other stuffs, while still earn profits
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Courts have their own instalment plans. Which they want you to sign. Their interests higher than loanshark.

E.g u buy a S7 RRP $998, after instalments + interest can go up to $1990. That is why they loop in free gifts like Tv or other stuffs, while still earn profits


You got me wrong. I know courts has their in house installment plan. But I talking about their Normal bundle for customer paying cash/nets/ full credit card payment.

The moment u opt for credit card installment you only get the default package. The free SD CARD and battery all bo. But pay cash or full payment u get.

Maybe the phone promo and camera promo diff.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
You got me wrong. I know courts has their in house installment plan. But I talking about their Normal bundle for customer paying cash/nets/ full credit card payment.

The moment u opt for credit card installment you only get the default package. The free SD CARD and battery all bo. But pay cash or full payment u get.

Maybe the phone promo and camera promo diff.

Oh I think it's same, some retailers, if you Pay full (nets or cash) you get free gifts. If by instalments (credit cards), they don't give.

I know many retailers does this, Samsung shop too, if you buy phone using cash or nets, you either get free gifts or discounts
 

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2000
Messages
21,918
Reaction score
8
My point is.....even Apple online store don't charge 3%, their 'premium reseller' charge.
Small establishment charging below rrp, I don't mind the 3 percent.
Big establishment doing this kind of dodgy thing, some more the shop is endorsed by Apple.
It becomes Apple online store and Apple shop sell different price.
 

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2000
Messages
21,918
Reaction score
8
Oh I think it's same, some retailers, if you Pay full (nets or cash) you get free gifts. If by instalments (credit cards), they don't give.

I know many retailers does this, Samsung shop too, if you buy phone using cash or nets, you either get free gifts or discounts

Point is, they are not charging above rrp
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
My point is.....even Apple online store don't charge 3%, their 'premium reseller' charge.
Small establishment charging below rrp, I don't mind the 3 percent.
Big establishment doing this kind of dodgy thing, some more the shop is endorsed by Apple.
It becomes Apple online store and Apple shop sell different price.

They are just authorised or reseller of apple thing. Haha, dont buy from them lor. Wait for original apple store in orchard to open. It seems keep delaying, walked past last week, it doesnt seem ready.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
They are just authorised or reseller of apple thing. Haha, dont buy from them lor. Wait for original apple store in orchard to open. It seems keep delaying, walked past last week, it doesnt seem ready.

never mind about the shop, just buy online from apple store sg. I would say, i am better off buying from apple directly than with APRs because of one thing, i don't like the excessive up-sell tactic which most APRs will do. Reason is simple, accessories bring in more profits than apple products because the profit margin is kinda narrow for apple products, especially macintosh and iPhones.

If you are not careful, you might end up buying a $50 case for your product which you can a cheaper alternative which serves the same purpose and equivalent product quality.. :D:D
 

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2000
Messages
21,918
Reaction score
8
End up din buy....hehe...
Bought a second hand 6 plus, functions just as well.

Cuz read about iPhone 8 going to launch and it's going to be a big upgrade.

So the 6 plus will Tong me another half year
 

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2000
Messages
21,918
Reaction score
8
They are just authorised or reseller of apple thing. Haha, dont buy from them lor. Wait for original apple store in orchard to open. It seems keep delaying, walked past last week, it doesnt seem ready.

I think epi centre was really good, staff was really knowledgeable and passionate about Apple.

But that was very long ago.....when i got my first iBook ( the generation right after clamshell)


Nubox was pretty ok also when I bought iPad Air, but the staff din seem as passionate about Apple.

But that was years ago, now maybe all no standard like i studio
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
They are just authorised or reseller of apple thing. Haha, dont buy from them lor. Wait for original apple store in orchard to open. It seems keep delaying, walked past last week, it doesnt seem ready.

That right, I always buy from Apple Online store. better service too.
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
Too bad. The original Store yet to open. It has been delayed for months. Pass by a few times last week, it shows no signs of opening anytime soon.

Exactly. Not sure what is taking so long, heard they got suspended for a while last year.

Even the new HQ in US is almost completed.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
Exactly. Not sure what is taking so long, heard they got suspended for a while last year.

Even the new HQ in US is almost completed.

In october which they suppose to open, their renovation has safety breech. Till now. Very ugly to be keep renovating along orchard road. Let it open to compete with samsung.
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top