alisterrox
Junior Member
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2013
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 0
Hello fellow HWZ forum people, i have a few questions to ask regarding admission to either university
1) DO i apply after NS or before i enter NS?
I am personally not sure when to apply, as I have yet to serve NS and will be serving NS later this year. If i apply to before NS, does that mean they will "reserve" the course for me if i am successful and accepted in the application for the next 2 years till i ORD? Also, i read UniSim requires me to be 21 and 2 years of work experience, i am soon to be 20 and have no 2 years of work experience yet. Does NS count?
2) Course fees for UniSim Finance and marketing and Study Loans/Government Grants
Do i enjoy any government grants? As im a Singaporean, am i entitled to the 55% waiver of the total course fees? And what is the typical total course fees for the course too? And how does study loans work?
3) For SIM GE, do i get to enjoy same government grants?
I have seen the course fees and am wondering if there is any sort of study grant to help pay the exorbitant fees (ouch
)
4) Which is the better Uni overall? Campus life and teaching standards wise?
Personally, I am not sure how campus life for university is in UniSIM and SIM GE. Is it similar to Polytechnic? I study in game design in a local poly here, and i am looking to branch out to the management and finance sector in the future.
5) Which course offers better career prospects locally?
I am interested in Finance and Marketing in UniSIM, but is also interested in Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) and Bachelor of Arts (Economics) From SIM GE awarded by University of Buffalo. However, the cost of the latter is too high for me, so i would like to ask which is better for me minding the cost of studying, or is there a similar course to the one offered by SIM GE.
Thanks alot and I appreciate the advice i can get! I personally am interested in economics, marketing and management in general, so i would like some advice on what i can choose to study in from those sectors, so if there is any advice i can get out there, thank you!
1) DO i apply after NS or before i enter NS?
I am personally not sure when to apply, as I have yet to serve NS and will be serving NS later this year. If i apply to before NS, does that mean they will "reserve" the course for me if i am successful and accepted in the application for the next 2 years till i ORD? Also, i read UniSim requires me to be 21 and 2 years of work experience, i am soon to be 20 and have no 2 years of work experience yet. Does NS count?
2) Course fees for UniSim Finance and marketing and Study Loans/Government Grants
Do i enjoy any government grants? As im a Singaporean, am i entitled to the 55% waiver of the total course fees? And what is the typical total course fees for the course too? And how does study loans work?
3) For SIM GE, do i get to enjoy same government grants?
I have seen the course fees and am wondering if there is any sort of study grant to help pay the exorbitant fees (ouch
)4) Which is the better Uni overall? Campus life and teaching standards wise?
Personally, I am not sure how campus life for university is in UniSIM and SIM GE. Is it similar to Polytechnic? I study in game design in a local poly here, and i am looking to branch out to the management and finance sector in the future.
5) Which course offers better career prospects locally?
I am interested in Finance and Marketing in UniSIM, but is also interested in Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) and Bachelor of Arts (Economics) From SIM GE awarded by University of Buffalo. However, the cost of the latter is too high for me, so i would like to ask which is better for me minding the cost of studying, or is there a similar course to the one offered by SIM GE.
Thanks alot and I appreciate the advice i can get! I personally am interested in economics, marketing and management in general, so i would like some advice on what i can choose to study in from those sectors, so if there is any advice i can get out there, thank you!