Are Agoda, Hotels.com reliable

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,502
Reaction score
12
I am planning my year end trip. I never book any hotel from these online agent before. Are there reliable? Their rates are attractive. Will give me any problem or not? 800++ near to 900, not small amount to me.
 

atmm280378

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
603
Reaction score
0
so far, book hotels from agoda for a few trips - Bangkok, Phuket and Hong Kong. No problem using them.
 

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
5,955
Reaction score
2
Yes. they are reliable.. but not cheap.. lols.. try latestay and wofit for occasional good deal. :)
 

gundam9

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2001
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
6
my advise is read the terms and conditions carefully. Especially cancellation polices. These are established websites, generally no problem
 

greatace

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2001
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
I am planning my year end trip. I never book any hotel from these online agent before. Are there reliable? Their rates are attractive. Will give me any problem or not? 800++ near to 900, not small amount to me.

Just book a hotel from them, so far reliable... :s13:
 

temasekcity

Master Member
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
3,045
Reaction score
0
I am planning my year end trip. I never book any hotel from these online agent before. Are there reliable? Their rates are attractive. Will give me any problem or not? 800++ near to 900, not small amount to me.

they are for usa and euope customers. not cheap for asians. sometimes, getting the hotel website has cheaper rate.
 

Upzzzz

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
1,918
Reaction score
57
Depending where you going. I use mainly Ctrip for China, Wotif & Agoda for Thailand, Zuji for other countries. But I always cross check with the hotel website and against these sites. My latest booking for Beijing, Zuji save me S$100 for the entire stay as compared to Ctrip & hotel website due to exchange rate.
Never try hotel.com yet.
 

zweokegar

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Agoda bookings have no problem in all countries except China. Some hotels in China are not aware of Agoda although they are listed on Agoda, so that you will probably encounter some problems by the time you check-in. They will probably refuse to let you stay or will ask you to pay again! I already encountered such problems with Agoda bookings.
 

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
5,426
Reaction score
146
Agoda is very reliable. their customer services over the phone is top notch. booked with them a few times, no issues encountered so far :D
 

punggolkid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
1,778
Reaction score
6
Been using agoda.com, booking.com, hostelworld.com all over Europe and Asia. No problems. I usually book with agoda to earn points for rebates. But if there's outright cheaper bookings from booking.com or hostelworld, that's where I go. Other than that, I typically book directly via the hotel/hostel website.
 

BasicOne

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
1
Have been using Agoda. No problem at all. Kept earning points to rebate the following bookings.
 

meekia87

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
Been using agoda.com, booking.com, hostelworld.com all over Europe and Asia. No problems. I usually book with agoda to earn points for rebates. But if there's outright cheaper bookings from booking.com or hostelworld, that's where I go. Other than that, I typically book directly via the hotel/hostel website.
Yup. Had been using this few web to book all my trips. Actually never face any issue them before. Quite reliable. Had just booked with agoda for my bkk trip next week :)
 

Imperado

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
0
been using agoda too.. recently just for my bali.. quoted 60 sgd but hotel website was 200 if direct through them.. but normally i make it a habit to email the hotel a few days after i book with agoda ah

however so far no issue and their email service also quite fast one
 

TheV

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
875
Reaction score
12
tried hotels.com many times for Asia countries trips. has not fail me yet.

used to book via booking.com because I like their interface. It will be cheaper to book via hotels.com because you pay immediately with SGD. - for this I got no idea about cancel policies.

using Booking.com, I usually pay after the hotel stay @ local currencies (forex loss with using credit card).
 

nannan82

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
5,510
Reaction score
0
Comparing hotels.com agoda.com booking.com, I will say agoda is the best.... but booking.com might have better price....
 

starbugs

Master Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2000
Messages
3,037
Reaction score
204
I have booked >10 times with Agoda before and have no problems.

Since you prepay to Agoda, the rooms are definitely waiting for you when you arrive.

Asiarooms.com is the one that I heard people complain about, because you pay on the spot. You may think this is safer, but the problem is some of the smaller hotels tend to release your rooms to other customers when you try to check-in late
 

iCuteCube

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
0
Been using it, so far no problem.

Heard 1 or 2 got some stuff like never booked until hotel despite got confirmation.

If kiasu, go check with hotel directly on booking ref to double confirm :)

Otherwise, all should be good. Cheers.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top