Are Sony camera fixed price?

bonbunsg

Reaction score
Hello I'm intending to buy a Sony camera and would like to know if I can get a cheaper price or some sort of discount from Sony centre shops?

Because if buying lens I know can get some discount but how about cameras?

Appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

metavolta

Reaction score
Hello I'm intending to buy a Sony camera and would like to know if I can get a cheaper price or some sort of discount from Sony centre shops?

One of the Sony Centre outlets are offering discounts on older Sony Alpha 7 models (if that is what you are looking)
- ILCE-7M2K @ $1,659
- ILCE-7M2 @$1,319
- ILCE -7RM2 @ $1,959

The items are brand new and not display sets and the freebies that they are offering is mainly the complimentary Sony Workshop.

That was why I was contemplating whether to buy the older series knowing that there is a danger that it will be obsolete

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

would you consider non-Sony camera shops. They will give you some discounts. In 2019, I was offered 12% off the RRP.

Needmysleep

Reaction score
What's a BF sales?

You mean incl. of delivery and gst still cheaper?

How about warranty for such purchases?

Black Friday . Get a quote from the local Sony store and then keep checking online .Sometimes Amazon.com and another store called Adorama also have deals.

Yes, inclusive of GST and delivery.

I think that Sony doesnt have an international warranty in place.That being said , I've never had electronics fail on me within warranty :) , so I'm ok with such purchases. That website is very well known and not fly by night.

Needmysleep

Reaction score
not afraid no warranty? bhphoto will ship international?

I haven't had an electronic item fail on me inside warranty ever so maybe I'm biased.I've bought a few things from bhphotovideo.com including a camera body and lens.Also bought a Macbook pro shipped via a freight forwarder ( comgateway ) as they don't ship Apple products directly.Most other products can be direct shipped.Just keep an eye on prices during the US holidays for a good deal.

As an example i attach an order from 2015 when that Sony mirrorless cam body was selling for a ridiculous price in Singapore , forget about the Zeiss Touit lens price lol

The below were bought during a Dec sale when prices really dipped.

I have also bought lenses from a Japanese seller on Amazon.com and used Russian lenses on eBay.

Just hobby sized buying not a pro :)

and everything is still working haha

badbad2000

Reaction score
I haven't had an electronic item fail on me inside warranty ever so maybe I'm biased.I've bought a few things from bhphotovideo.com including a camera body and lens.Also bought a Macbook pro shipped via a freight forwarder ( comgateway ) as they don't ship Apple products directly.Most other products can be direct shipped.Just keep an eye on prices during the US holidays for a good deal.

As an example i attach an order from 2015 when that Sony mirrorless cam body was selling for a ridiculous price in Singapore , forget about the Zeiss Touit lens price lol

The below were bought during a Dec sale when prices really dipped.

I have also bought lenses from a Japanese seller on Amazon.com and used Russian lenses on eBay.

Just hobby sized buying not a pro :)

and everything is still working haha
good advice, i dont know bhphoto can ship directly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.