Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
Best bang for buck is subjective. For me I bought Crius Master V for $600, knowing that I will likely upgrade the components if I don't feel happy with the gear shifting. Even if so, it will be cheaper than if I go and buy a high end specs foldable bike which will cost more than 2K.

But right after I learned about an online shop that sells customised Crius bikes, I immediately felt that the one I bought was too "expensive" (in the sense that I prefer to change many components and the existing parts will go to waste.) I could have gotten a new foldable body for $300, and install all the specs to my liking. Not just the drive train components, but the entire groupset and wheelset. Heck, even the seatpost and stem/post as well. :s13:

which online shop for crius? :o
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
have you taken it out for a spin? the FX is the entry level bike, but it pack a punch.

Of course. I started the testing with the Alex moulton dont know which series. Then the Tyrell Ive , Tyrell FX , Bike friday Pocket rocket. Also tried the FSX with the Shimano 105


Tyrell FX and Pocket rocket left the deepest impressions. Leaning towards bike friday but then there is a 6 months wait. So it was only down the the Tyrell. But I have yet to try Bromptons and the IF bikes.

I left the shop dreaming about the FX. But think about the price I also looking at bikes under 1k. :s13:

Me. I bought a new old stock bianchi 1998 veloce from eBay. Price about $2200 after shipping and no gst.

I have since bought white bar tape for it.
chat6jS.png


How much is something like this? Have always felt bianchi bikes very sexy. Flat bar will look stupid anot. :p but no place to store a full size.
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Small wheels not so forgiving when comes to holes or uneven surfaces

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

how so? uneven surface affects roadie more than mtb because of the narrow tyres. Potholes definitely, I have bottles, BT speakers flying off in the middle of the road :s13: but it doesn't mean small wheel is dangerous at higher speed.

Of course. I started the testing with the Alex moulton dont know which series. Then the Tyrell Ive , Tyrell FX , Bike friday Pocket rocket. Also tried the FSX with the Shimano 105


Tyrell FX and Pocket rocket left the deepest impressions. Leaning towards bike friday but then there is a 6 months wait. So it was only down the the Tyrell. But I have yet to try Bromptons and the IF bikes.

I left the shop dreaming about the FX. But think about the price I also looking at bikes under 1k. :s13:

How much is something like this? Have always felt bianchi bikes very sexy. Flat bar will look stupid anot. :p but no place to store a full size.

it all depends on your expectation, need something portable.. go for foldie, you can take a look at birdy too, good speedy foldie.

it is a waste they selling the fsx with 105 at a slightly higher price than when it was first launch... but they gave a series higher than current, Ultegra instead of 105.. back then it was worth the extra, but not so now.
 

savage

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
2
hey guys, got a question. I want to buy a floor pump. Aleoca one reliable or not ah?
I saw this one. body is metal. Dunno what metal though.
Has a pressure gauge up to 160 PSI. Cost $36.9
aleoca_Pump.jpg


or got more reliable brands one? Can recommend? not too ex though.
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
hey guys, got a question. I want to buy a floor pump. Aleoca one reliable or not ah?
I saw this one. body is metal. Dunno what metal though.
Has a pressure gauge up to 160 PSI. Cost $36.9
aleoca_Pump.jpg


or got more reliable brands one? Can recommend? not too ex though.

Topeak for me..

Am using Topeak JoeBlow...
 

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
27,901
Reaction score
4,732
hey guys, got a question. I want to buy a floor pump. Aleoca one reliable or not ah?
I saw this one. body is metal. Dunno what metal though.
Has a pressure gauge up to 160 PSI. Cost $36.9

http://aleoca.com/main/?product=ap0004

or got more reliable brands one? Can recommend? not too ex though.

get the Top peak better, easier to pump!
topeak-joeblow-fat-1-500x620.jpg
 
Last edited:

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
or got more reliable brands one? Can recommend? not too ex though.

I got whatever CRC was having an offer on and free shipping to SG so price all in was less than SGD40. As long as it has a steel body, it's okay by me.

Now, if I had a road bike then I may have looked a bit more carefully.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,189
Reaction score
3,668
hey guys, got a question. I want to buy a floor pump. Aleoca one reliable or not ah?
I saw this one. body is metal. Dunno what metal though.
Has a pressure gauge up to 160 PSI. Cost $36.9
aleoca_Pump.jpg


or got more reliable brands one? Can recommend? not too ex though.
Don't buy aleoca pump. I used it around less than 20 times then spoil liao. Waste my money!

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
just checking, no one driving SFE 963Z rite?

this driver shouted "fugggg offfffff" and tried to ram me off the road. Managed to CSI him already.

saw a "1.5m matters" sticker at the back :s22: So i though i ask 1st in case friendly fire.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,189
Reaction score
3,668
just checking, no one driving SFE 963Z rite?

this driver shouted "fugggg offfffff" and tried to ram me off the road. Managed to CSI him already.

saw a "1.5m matters" sticker at the back :s22: So i though i ask 1st in case friendly fire.
Go ahead. The chances of friendly fire is 0.0000000001.

The person must first own a car, be a hwzer, be a regular cyclist in this thread, then zhun zhun cross your path that day & time and decided to shout at and jeopardise the life of a cyclist like himself.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
just checking, no one driving SFE 963Z rite?

this driver shouted "fugggg offfffff" and tried to ram me off the road. Managed to CSI him already.

saw a "1.5m matters" sticker at the back :s22: So i though i ask 1st in case friendly fire.

:eek:"tried to ram you" go make police report... such people with ill intent shouldnt be on the road
 

de5ert

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
0
your arms seems abit "straight", try pushing the saddle foward, stem wise i think its fine, but think on long rides might hurt abit.

is there any difference in your toptube till handlebar length and saddle till end of shiftter from old bike and new bike ?


its like parkour like that, use rolls to disspate the energy from the crash, most of my injuries sustained are usally around kneee and elbow area.
Ok will try pushing forward 5mm or so. For fizik saddle if push until the back part cannot see the measurement line is ok right. Cos still got quite alot of straight rail left.
Ya for long rides I feel my arm feel abit stretched. Especially triceps area. I measured le, saddle to shifter got 3 cm difference. :(

Sent from Samsung SM-G900F using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top