Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810


The stock bb weighed a ton, this crankset lighter and so far can use the stock chain without adding links. 55T still can manage..faster also haha. For 44usd, worth it..

But my chain dropping quite frequently just when changing to highest gear leh. Think tomorrow ask him help tune the derailleur again.
Mine 61t also drop frequently especially on the smallest gear I took a much bigger gear to maintain the chainline in between the middle cogs so less chance of dropping out

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00ED using GAGT
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
Looking to buy an Ultegra 10 speed chain from CRC or any other online bike shop...

Any tompang? ;)
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,193
Reaction score
3,670
For foldie, is it ok to use 1.35" tyre in front and 1.1" at rear?

20 inch wheelset.
Mainly pavement and pcn, 10% road.
Intermediate skill level.
Objective is speed and weight but 1.1" could be too thin for front.

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
if speed is your objective then you should be using thinner tyres.
I used to have schwalbe durano which are 1.1, but I find them having too much resistance even at 115 psi, then I have changed to schwalbe One on 120 psi.. you can feel the difference.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
if speed is your objective then you should be using thinner tyres.
I used to have schwalbe durano which are 1.1, but I find them having too much resistance even at 115 psi, then I have changed to schwalbe One on 120 psi.. you can feel the difference.

I used to use Panaracer Minits Lite, rolling at 120 psi with 7/8 inch width.

Now change back to Schwalbe Durano. I don't mind losing a little bit of speed to trade off for more comfort.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
I see. Wa I think 61t abit too big for me though. Engine not so much horsepower. Haha
I calculated, the gearing is slightly smaller than a road bike. so no issue for me
For foldie, is it ok to use 1.35" tyre in front and 1.1" at rear?

20 inch wheelset.
Mainly pavement and pcn, 10% road.
Intermediate skill level.
Objective is speed and weight but 1.1" could be too thin for front.

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT
i use 1.0 for front and rear no problem so far
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top