Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
What's your expectations and usage again?

Do you need to often fold? Often roll into mrt train, supermarket, etc?

no need to take to mrt train/supermarket but need foldie cos of limited space in the house :(

as for usage, pcn cycling for leisure :s22: maybe inside coney also :S
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
I went to Coney a couple of weeks ago.

If you stay on the main path (consists of sand, gravel, and hard-packed earth) and pay attention you should have very few problems. Even road bikes can easily handle it. My folding bike uses 1.35 inch front tires and 1.75 inch rear tires. Very little trouble.

I know of others who went through Coney on the main path, every sort of bike from foldies to road bikes, no problems.
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
P_20151029_120735_zpsycuahdh9.jpg


mine bike at that price range, mine not a stock version so but its 50 sgd cheaper than vert v8 leaves you change to buy helmet or bartape


Nice how much u got it ?
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
For Coney Island, the hard part is actually just the soft sand potholes.

Other that that, even roadies with slicks should not have much problem traversing the area.

I do agree on the cleaning part. The gravel path really kicks up alot of dust.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
Anyone buying or planning to buy from bike24? I'm planning to buy some stuff. Wanna combine?
 

ly1968

Master Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,508
Reaction score
11
cant reveal la, but mrsp is below 400[/QUOTE]

:eek: so cheap,thought its 1.5k & above
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
no need to take to mrt train/supermarket but need foldie cos of limited space in the house :(

as for usage, pcn cycling for leisure :s22: maybe inside coney also :S

The problem is... if your folding bike is too troublesome to fold, chances are.. you won't fold.

Perhaps a mini velo is better for you. It won't take up much space due to small wheels, and should be able to get decent specs compared to folding bikes at your price range.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Hey anybody know any mtb wheelbuilders to introduce?

I just bought light bicycle carbon rims. But the one my friend introduce I don't want to use him. Attitude very bad and not cheap some more. I don't care how good his skills are, his character got problem.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
cant reveal la, but mrsp is below 400

:eek: so cheap,thought its 1.5k & above[/QUOTE]
erm the modficiation of the bike is FOC for me since I have leftover parts from old road bike.

saddle from stock to fizik antares
pedal to look keo classic
handlebar to raceface cadence
and shifters to shimano sora 8 speed

Anyone buying or planning to buy from bike24? I'm planning to buy some stuff. Wanna combine?

need some small stuff
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
I just bought from bike24, over $400 by a bit but never got charged GST.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top