Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Congrats, u just killed 2 living lives. Hope u sleep well tonight.

I slept great! :)

First of all, dogs like this who are hanging around on the road (the second one came bursting out of the brush on the opposite side of the road from the construction site) don't have long to live. There's a LOT of heavy and fast traffic.

Second, as I said, I've been chased before and these dogs have come the closest. Anyone else would have panicked and/or fallen. What happens if they fell and were hit by a vehicle. Think of the brouhaha over that? What do you think will happen to all of the other dogs on the island?

Third, I wanted to keep it quiet, just between me and the site owner. It's their fault for not controlling their dogs, it's their fault for not taking responsibility. Both dogs wore collars, they are not ferals, they're owned by someone and the only people in that area is the construction firm.

Anyways, the police called again last night and I asked them not to forward the report to AVA. (AVA would not have harmed the dogs since no one was hurt but they would have talked to the owners.) They offered to send a community police officer to the site to have a word with the site manager. That's the perfect solution as far as I am concerned since the company blew me off.
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Dogs caught by AVA will be put to sleep :( unless animal shelter rescue them. Should have call animal shelter instead.

There is no room at the animal shelters. My wife and I are cat feeders and there's a group of dogs roaming around a few kilometers away that are harassing cats. My wife looked into shelters and there is absolutely no more space.

Edit: For those who think that even having space at the animal shelters will save a dog's life that is not true. The shelters here in SG will kill animals that are too old or others that are not adoptable. Being in a shelter is only a stay of execution.
 
Last edited:

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Congrats, u just killed 2 living lives. Hope u sleep well tonight.

Since we're on high horses this morning, let me get on mine.

For the past six years, my wife and I have spent hundreds of dollars a month on feeding, rescuing, adopting out, neutering, providing medical care and euthanizing the abandoned cats of our neighborhood. I've even spent thousands shipping cats back to my sister in Canada in order for them to have a good home.

This is not to mention the hours, days and nights that we've given up when we could be doing something else such as riding my bike or going out or just relaxing.

So, yeah, I sleep pretty well at night. :)
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Since we're on high horses this morning, let me get on mine.

For the past six years, my wife and I have spent hundreds of dollars a month on feeding, rescuing, adopting out, neutering, providing medical care and euthanizing the abandoned cats of our neighborhood. I've even spent thousands shipping cats back to my sister in Canada in order for them to have a good home.

This is not to mention the hours, days and nights that we've given up when we could be doing something else such as riding my bike or going out or just relaxing.

So, yeah, I sleep pretty well at night. :)

Wa so noble, spend a bit of money entitle you to kill some lives. Great, I'm going to spend some money now and you're the first one I'll send to meet those 2 dogs.
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Wa so noble, spend a bit of money entitle you to kill some lives. Great, I'm going to spend some money now and you're the first one I'll send to meet those 2 dogs.

I've got a great idea...how about you go and rescue those two dogs?

Man up and save an animal or two. Prove you're more than a simple keyboard warrior. :)

Meet up with you at Yishun dam...if need be I can call up the trapper that I use, he'll trap and you transport them home.
 

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
60,917
Reaction score
18
I always eat more salt (tablets) than other people eat rice... Not sure if can sleep well at night. :(
 
Last edited:

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
I've got a great idea...how about you go and rescue those two dogs?

Man up and save an animal or two. Prove you're more than a simple keyboard warrior. :)

Meet up with you at Yishun dam...if need be I can call up the trapper that I use, he'll trap and you transport them home.
But I'm not as noble as you wor. I spend money also not as much as you. Cham Liao, what if u decide to take my life.
 

kiatkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
19,038
Reaction score
3,099
The police responded incredibly fast to the report I filed online - as in five minutes!

They said they would pass it on to AVA for a site visit; the dogs should be fine since no one was hurt.

The first impression when I read this is they going to fine the dog....

Guess as a singaporean, the word "fine" automatically mean money to me:crazy:
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Talk can kill 2 lives, so I shut my mouth better.

There's a saying...better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and prove it.

So far, you've shown that you have poor reading comprehension and you don't have the gumption to follow through your talk. :s22:

Anyways, life is too short to deal with fluff like you. Cheers. :)
 

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
60,917
Reaction score
18
Went to collect milk powder and halfway felt the need to pang sai. :eek: Those 1 minute sprints I did came in handy for me to catch the following green lights! :crazy:

 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Went to collect milk powder and halfway felt the need to pang sai. :eek: Those 1 minute sprints I did came in handy for me to catch the following green lights! :crazy:

wah got pang sai feeling still can sprint, if i sprint think all my sai will fly to my shorts
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
was wondering here , does anybody measure their bikes here ?

for me, i measure, saddle to handlebar drop and reach from tip of saddle to handlebar and reach from seatpost to handlebar
 

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
60,917
Reaction score
18
was wondering here , does anybody measure their bikes here ?

for me, i measure, saddle to handlebar drop and reach from tip of saddle to handlebar and reach from seatpost to handlebar

Depends what measurement you want from your bike I guess! The useful ones are:

Stack
Reach
Saddle front tip to L/R (road) brake hood
Saddle front tip to stem faceplate
Saddle rear tip to stem faceplate
BB center to saddle top for saddle height, saddle height raise 5mm if crank arm length changed from 175mm to 172.5mm, stem also raise up 5mm to match saddle height change
Saddle front tip distance between BB center
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Depends what measurement you want from your bike I guess! The useful ones are:

Stack
Reach
Saddle front tip to L/R (road) brake hood
Saddle front tip to stem faceplate
Saddle rear tip to stem faceplate
BB center to saddle top for saddle height, saddle height raise 5mm if crank arm length changed from 175mm to 172.5mm, stem also raise up 5mm to match saddle height change
Saddle front tip distance between BB center

i never really followed stack and reach, the 3 important factor to me, are saddle to bottom bracket height, drop between handlebar and saddle and
the saddle tip to stem faceplate,

never take into account crank length cause usually im using 170mm


across my mini velo and road bike is all very close surprisngly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top