[ask] applecare protection plan from Amazon US

icon_mihiro

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
4,925
Reaction score
0
as above, anybody got experience before?

I want to buy APP from amazon US, can I activate my MBP 13 in singapore? later, if my MBP got something wrong, still can claim the warranty from Apple SG?

thank you in advance
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
I don't know about from Amazon but I purchased APP for my 2008 MBP from an Apple Store in Toronto and activated it there. When the MBP needed servicing there were no problems with APP.

In fact, one time my MBP was down on a Sunday (Applecare Singapore or SEA was closed) so I called Applecare North America via Skype on an iPad. They helped with the problem. :)
 

icon_mihiro

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
4,925
Reaction score
0
APP's global. As long as your Mac is within the first year warranty, you can activate it.

thanks man

I don't know about from Amazon but I purchased APP for my 2008 MBP from an Apple Store in Toronto and activated it there. When the MBP needed servicing there were no problems with APP.

In fact, one time my MBP was down on a Sunday (Applecare Singapore or SEA was closed) so I called Applecare North America via Skype on an iPad. They helped with the problem. :)

thanks,

need to keep receipt? or the box too? for proof of transaction
 

B772ER

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
403
Reaction score
0
better to keep the box and the registration code, and of cos the receipt too
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
better to keep the box and the registration code, and of cos the receipt too

Great advice. If you are buying from someone who is not an Apple retailer (fewer and fewer of those) or directly from Amazon, then, best to keep the box and everything. I made sure to keep mine despite my buying it directly from the Apple Store.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top