Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score
IntelligenceA: as TS has replied the airport probably wont prepare boxes for you, but I dont think thats an impossible request, just ask the shops that you buy at to see if they have any spare cardboard boxes lying around that you can use.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why not consider JR-pass and take shinkansen?

seems like you are going on a long trip! :D

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why not consider JR-pass and take shinkansen?

seems like you are going on a long trip! :D

Think of that before hahh. Maybe I will plan 8 days in Tokyo, if bored I will buy Round trip Shinkansen trip to Osaka. Will it be cheaper or jr pass instead?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think of that before hahh. Maybe I will plan 8 days in Tokyo, if bored I will buy Round trip Shinkansen trip to Osaka. Will it be cheaper or jr pass instead?

if ur trip is only 8 days, i suggest sticking to tokyo, with some side trips out to places like kamakura, hakone or nikko.

osaka is in kansai region, and it takes about 3hrs and cost 13000+yen one-way to get there using shinkansen. not very economical to spend so much to go there for a few day. u could do osaka in another trip, together with other places in kansai, such as kyoto, nara and kobe.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if ur trip is only 8 days, i suggest sticking to tokyo, with some side trips out to places like kamakura, hakone or nikko.

osaka is in kansai region, and it takes about 3hrs and cost 13000+yen one-way to get there using shinkansen. not very economical to spend so much to go there for a few day. u could do osaka in another trip, together with other places in kansai, such as kyoto, nara and kobe.

Yea that's what I thought of too. Any great places to visit in Tokyo for 8 days? Never plan an itinerary before. Been to Tokyo before but was following parents that time hahh.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
both Disney parks can take 2 days. You get a nice discount for getting a 2 day pass.

Ueno park
Meiji shrine
Palace
Asakusa (Thunder gate, can't dun go there :s13:)
Tsukiji

Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, Ginza for general shopping

Ameyoko for a taste of their market, I go there buy snacks and chocolates at discount prices (one shop I know is niki no kashi)

Akihabara, me and my friends ended up going there a lot as we never seem to be able to cover the place properly (yes... we are wota/otakus)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea that's what I thought of too. Any great places to visit in Tokyo for 8 days? Never plan an itinerary before. Been to Tokyo before but was following parents that time hahh.

u can take a look at japan-guide website to get some ideas on the attractions. the trip report thread also have lots of pictures for reference.

which places have u been to in tokyo?

there are many popular attractions/areas in tokyo:
odaiba - rainbow bridge, statue of liberty, life-size gundam, tokyo big sight
harajuku - meiji shrine, yoyogi park, takash!ta-dori (teen/street fashion)
shinjuku - metropolitan gov building observatory, shopping: takashimaya etc
shibuya - 'famous' traffic crossing, hachiko statue, shopping
ikebukuro - shopping
ginza - shopping (high-end brands)
ueno - ameyoko street, ueno park, todai university
asakusa - sensoji, skytree observatory
akihabara - electronics, anime/manga
roppongi - night life

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah thanks man! Cos I'm going on December. Any tips about trip during dec?

dec is end autumn/early winter in tokyo, so it is going to be cold. however, it is not likely to snow in tokyo, so u dun really need snow gear

i havent been there in dec, so cant comment much

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
december is just after the leaves practically all drop finish and not yet cold enough to make it ice or anything (Tokyo did snow quite a bit during 2011-2012 winter, can't recall this year's weather patterns)

it mostly rains during that time...

daylight is kinda short during that month too. Closing times for certain places will be adjusted.

It probably wun be such a great idea to visit those places built on reclaimed land. The wind from the ocean is C-O-L-D

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
december is just after the leaves practically all drop finish and not yet cold enough to make it ice or anything (Tokyo did snow quite a bit during 2011-2012 winter, can't recall this year's weather patterns)

it mostly rains during that time...

daylight is kinda short during that month too. Closing times for certain places will be adjusted.

It probably wun be such a great idea to visit those places built on reclaimed land. The wind from the ocean is C-O-L-D

Omg if everytime rain will be damn killjoy...how about early dec? Still the same?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
december is wet but is far less frequent compared to the rainy season of Japan's summer.

there is chance of hail, frosting overnight and some really light snow... snow in Tokyo is nothing much to rave abt.

Given that it is also school holidays, most places will be packed with tourist groups. Plus the lack of natural scenery since most trees have fully shedded. I am not a real fan of going in that time. Much better to squeeze with ppl when got red leaf to see :s12:

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
december is wet but is far less frequent compared to the rainy season of Japan's summer.

there is chance of hail, frosting overnight and some really light snow... snow in Tokyo is nothing much to rave abt.

Given that it is also school holidays, most places will be packed with tourist groups. Plus the lack of natural scenery since most trees have fully shedded. I am not a real fan of going in that time. Much better to squeeze with ppl when got red leaf to see :s12:

Sad. That's the only time I can go..

cheefarn

Reaction score
we are going there in Dec too. Didn't know it's rainy season.:(

Well sorry if I sounded like a gate crasher, but hor, instead of worrying and debating if there will be snow in Tokyo, why don't you guys proceed to Hokkaido instead?:s13:

You shall have plenty of high quality powder snow and cold weather and 2nd to none scenery over there. And things will be slightly cheaper than Tokyo despite high season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.