
Happy new year! Unfortunately the pc died again, I didn't turn on yesterday and today I tried and it just can't start (no power yet again)
It was working nicely for 2 days on Fri night and Saturday.
Sigh... I thought I managed to rescue my pc, looks like I may really need to get a new build... Really have no idea what's wrong here, now everything like back to square one, same observation as before I sent the mboard and psu to CorbellTime for a complete new build, else hard to move forward in 2023 without issue.
I thought it was the end of the episode when your PC worked but its back for a second season.Happy new year! Unfortunately the pc died again, I didn't turn on yesterday and today I tried and it just can't start (no power yet again)
It was working nicely for 2 days on Fri night and Saturday.
Yea man, i thought so too. Hence i am shortlisting some stuff now by going through the forum, if the pc is unable to power on again, i will probably head down to SLS this weekend already. Once i am done shortlisting, will share the items for you guys to advise, thanks!I thought it was the end of the episode when your PC worked but its back for a second season.
Hard to diagnose an intermittent issue like this.
Justified getting a new PC then. If not, PSU and MB would be the first to try replacing.
Yea man, i thought so too. Hence i am shortlisting some stuff now by going through the forum, if the pc is unable to power on again, i will probably head down to SLS this weekend already. Once i am done shortlisting, will share the items for you guys to advise, thanks!
Hi there, in case u missed my earlier posts, i brought my mobo and psu down to Corbell, they tested no issue and i brought back to test components by components (GPU, HDD, Casing) all pass the test 3 days ago, so i was quite sure the issue is gone since i was able to turn on for 2 days straight without any issue. Unfortunately it isn't. I got a feeling it is the mobo that is behaving eccentric, so since i am using B360 series mobo, i think it may probably make sense to upgrade to a new rig1) PSU
or
2) MOBO
The usual suspects
Hi there, in case u missed my earlier posts, i brought my mobo and psu down to Corbell, they tested no issue and i brought back to test components by components (GPU, HDD, Casing) all pass the test 3 days ago, so i was quite sure the issue is gone since i was able to turn on for 2 days straight without any issue. Unfortunately it isn't. I got a feeling it is the mobo that is behaving eccentric, so since i am using B360 series mobo, i think it may probably make sense to upgrade to a new rig
Done, also got Corbell to check as well, so definitely nothing looks out of place visually~Maybe you can visual check your motherboard any burning capacitor and it's not so difficult. This could help to narrow down which component to replace or else change new set of PC lor. Sometime burning capacitor might not lead to total damage which might explain sometime can boot.
Ya, this could be an option, which means that I buy a new PSU first and try to see if the issue persists; if no issue, i can keep the new PSU and send the existing one for RMA; if the issue persists, i can use it for the new rig (this is a time consuming process though, will prefer to settle everything at 1 go)Welcome to the Club of hardware trouble shooting.
Can work sometimes doesn't mean can work all the time.
1) Try using another PSU.
If cannot work then most likely your MOBO.
Ya, this could be an option, which means that I buy a new PSU first and try to see if the issue persists; if no issue, i can keep the new PSU and send the existing one for RMA; if the issue persists, i can use it for the new rig (this is a time consuming process though, will prefer to settle everything at 1 go)
Yup, will monitor my pc for the rest of the week if the issue resurfaces again. One thing i notice is that the Windows time seems to be out of sync rather frequently despite I just replaced the CMOS battery and also configure the Windows Time service.interesting case here, all tested and worked for 2 days then back to square one... chances really could be mobo or psu... yup maybe u can consider to upgrade if your budget fits... 2days ago i was at SLS the guy play MW2 until his mobo died too it was a either a 3 series or 4 series mobo out of warranty...
If u so comfortable that the PC parts are all working n tested by third party. U need to check ur casing reset or Power switch. It maybe the power switch is stuck. N still not able to ON/off ur mb.Yup, will monitor my pc for the rest of the week if the issue resurfaces again. One thing i notice is that the Windows time seems to be out of sync rather frequently despite I just replaced the CMOS battery and also configure the Windows Time service.
Doesn't seem to have issue with the power switchIf u so comfortable that the PC parts are all working n tested by third party. U need to check ur casing reset or Power switch. It maybe the power switch is stuck. N still not able to ON/off ur mb.
I have removed and re-inserted the JFP side of thingsAlso assume ur casing SW is stuck closed. To MB this mean a long hold of power SW mean a force OFF. Frequently force OFF to mb will screw up the bios timing etc due to interruptive forced power off.
This one... When it works, everything runs fine. The next day, the entire pc may not power on or delay powered on... Even if i tried to short the power switch pins on the mobo, nothing responds.Another way is to disconnect ur casing power switch. N turn on just using ur paper clip for a few days to see the issue still persist...
Doesn't seem to have issue with the power switch
I have removed and re-inserted the JFP side of things
This one... When it works, everything runs fine. The next day, the entire pc may not power on or delay powered on... Even if i tried to short the power switch pins on the mobo, nothing responds.
I have also just flashed the bios to the latest, will see if the pc dies on me again...![]()
Doesn't seem to have issue with the power switch
I have removed and re-inserted the JFP side of things
This one... When it works, everything runs fine. The next day, the entire pc may not power on or delay powered on... Even if i tried to short the power switch pins on the mobo, nothing responds.
I have also just flashed the bios to the latest, will see if the pc dies on me again...![]()
Done, also got Corbell to check as well, so definitely nothing looks out of place visually~
Ya, this could be an option, which means that I buy a new PSU first and try to see if the issue persists; if no issue, i can keep the new PSU and send the existing one for RMA; if the issue persists, i can use it for the new rig (this is a time consuming process though, will prefer to settle everything at 1 go)
Happy New Year too!First of all, I just want to say.....you really hand itchy. Lol.
If it ain't broke, dun fixed it. My previous PC set with the infamous Biostar mobo lasted a good 10+ years before suddenly died. I stick to the mantra of "no meddling with the system". Inside dusty or fans dusty, so be it.
Anyway, thats me. Age caught up w me and I really dun have spare time to do those trouble shooting....
Can be a pain in the arse.
Reading thru all your post, i strongly suspect it is your mobo. As evident by the CMOS timing out of sync.
It should mean something.
But as Entry Level PC had pointed out, since you want to settle everything at one go....get a complete new system.
Include getting a new casing. (which will also elimate any casing switch issues as pointed out by ranma21.)
Although quite rare occurence. But things happened.
Btw, Happy New Year!