Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
darn, missed it. now is going for $547 :(
buy now
C7eaeES.png

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received mine from the US 4 days after ordering!

QHzBMPz.jpg

has empty ram slot, upgradable kingston 128gb nvme and realtek ac wifi. additional sata slot available if you buy cable.

I added 16gb ddr4 3200mhz. But you can add 8gb instead (was $32 during 4-7 may in amazon). For ssd I thought of buying msi spatium m371 1TB for $47. but since I already have 480GB mp510 i reused it. need to disable secure boot before swapping ssd. also disable raid in bios so windows installer can detect ssd.

battery is **** at 37Wh. processor runs at 30w, so have to limit max cpu frequency to 30% so it sips power comparable to n5100 <7w
BE2Wtlq.jpeg

lcd case and underneath is metal so no flex. speakers are good. camera is ****.

display wise it is about 66% srgb with yellow tint. can see comparison with 100% srgb screen on left. skin tone not as nice. not noticeable unless you compare side by side
mtmv8dJ.jpeg

GBnHp1u.jpeg

D471D9h.jpeg

Last edited:

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the ram is 1 slot upgradeable? Any inbuilt ram? ram on single or dual channel?

Johnringo

Reaction score

QHzBMPz.jpg

has empty ram slot, upgradable kingston 128gb nvme and realtek ac wifi. additional sata slot available if you buy cable.

I added 16gb ddr4 3200mhz. But you can add 8gb instead (was $32 during 4-7 may in amazon). For ssd I thought of buying msi spatium m371 1TB for $47. but since I already have 480GB mp510 i reused it. need to disable secure boot before swapping ssd. also disable raid in bios so windows installer can detect ssd.

battery is **** at 37Wh. processor runs at 30w, so have to limit max cpu frequency to 30% so it sips power comparable to n5100 <7w
BE2Wtlq.jpeg

display wise it is about 66% srgb with yellow tint. can see comparison with 100% srgb screen on left. skin tone not as nice. not noticeable unless you compare side by side
mtmv8dJ.jpeg

GBnHp1u.jpeg

D471D9h.jpeg

Mine still in Chicago... cant wait to get it! I bought 8gb ddr4 3200 for $23 so full price was $300

One question, i have sata ssd lying around, can someone recommend me a compatible cable to buy? I search shopee and can only find vivobook s2 , is that compatible with this one?

TIA

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine still in Chicago... cant wait to get it! I bought 8gb ddr4 3200 for $23 so full price was $300

One question, i have sata ssd lying around, can someone recommend me a compatible cable to buy? I search shopee and can only find vivobook s2 , is that compatible with this one?

TIA
not sure but if same brand shd be safe. diff brand diff shape. as long as straight and 10 pins shd be ok.

Johnringo

Reaction score
Hmmm…. I registered for warranty but it expires on 4 june 2023…. Any idea why this is so?

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm…. I registered for warranty but it expires on 4 june 2023…. Any idea why this is so?

Hmmm... Someone in amazon stated this.

International buyer take note. Amazon US sold product warranty only cover for US region, thus once sold outside of US, the Asus warranty automatically become 1 month and not 1 year as stated. International warranty not applicable if product not registered in US and only apply to US consumers travel abroad while using the product. 1 star for such warranty services. Buy at your own risk.

Johnringo

Reaction score
Observing that there's only one antennae lead, so wifi will be gimped.
stupid question, would it work if i just connect another antenna and possibly get faster speed? or need to change the whole wifi card for faster internet?

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are already getting the speed of your home broadband plan that you signed up for, no need to worry about additional wifi antenna

Johnringo

Reaction score
Its ranging around 200mb and my other laptop is at around 400mb,so hence was wondering if i take the wifi antenna from another older laptop and tranfer to the asus, would it work or not?

DesilDesil

Reaction score

QHzBMPz.jpg

BE2Wtlq.jpeg

mtmv8dJ.jpeg

GBnHp1u.jpeg

D471D9h.jpeg

Did you get US plug for the charger or they gave us a local, but have to fore go the warranty right?

No additional import fee and those weird stuff right, very very good deal if you paid $277 total

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.