asus s46cm windows 8 product key

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
27,562
Reaction score
2
hi, may I know where can i find the product key for my laptop? the characters on the sticker doesn't seems to be the product key
 

osh6

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
354
Reaction score
7
With windows 8, product keys/License keys are encrypted in the bios, not sure if all computers/laptops are being done this way, but my HP laptop with windows 8 are done in this way, no stickers with product keys like b4.
 

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
27,562
Reaction score
2
hmm, i need to find OEM version of windows though, the key doesn't work on retail
 

chinkt

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
0
With windows 8, product keys/License keys are encrypted in the bios, not sure if all computers/laptops are being done this way, but my HP laptop with windows 8 are done in this way, no stickers with product keys like b4.

I have the asus s46cm and cannot find the win 8 product key.i have installed windows 7 but now could not find the key for the preloaded win 8.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
I have the asus s46cm and cannot find the win 8 product key.i have installed windows 7 but now could not find the key for the preloaded win 8.

im not sure why u are digging up such an old thread but windows 8's key is embedded in the bios. You dont need a new product key to reinstall your windows 8.
 

chinkt

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
0
I tried to reinstall windows 8 but was prompted to enter the product key. Was the windows 8 product replaced by the windows 7 key when I installed the win 7? I called Asus service centre and was asked to bring the laptop to the service centre for them to reinstall win 8.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top