ASUS service/diagnostic fee

McNugget

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Recently I sent my laptop for repair that is still under warranty. Today, the service centre called me and told me that it's my battery issue and battery are out of warranty.

In this case, do I still need to pay for the service/diagnostic fee if I opt to repair my battery or do I only pay for the repair part?

TIA
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,318
Reaction score
11,767
Recently I sent my laptop for repair that is still under warranty. Today, the service centre called me and told me that it's my battery issue and battery are out of warranty.

In this case, do I still need to pay for the service/diagnostic fee if I opt to repair my battery or do I only pay for the repair part?

TIA

i think need to pay for labor + battery.
 

Food_Lover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2014
Messages
13,974
Reaction score
4,630
No point sending to ASUS for out of warranty's repair. My gf paid $180++ (including diagnostic fee) for Keyboard Replacement and diagnostic fees are to pay before commencement of the repair.

If you have not paid the diagnostic fee before you send it in for service, you can request the Service Centre to return the unit back to you without any service.

Go for third party repair. Battery Replacement definitely costs less than $50 if you go for Third Party Repair. No point spending a bomb on repair as your laptop may have other defects in future.
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
531
Recently I sent my laptop for repair that is still under warranty. Today, the service centre called me and told me that it's my battery issue and battery are out of warranty.

In this case, do I still need to pay for the service/diagnostic fee if I opt to repair my battery or do I only pay for the repair part?

TIA

If it is under warranty, u should not be paying for diagnostic but pay for the new battery if u decide to go ahead with the replacement.

I am curious why u asked in this forum? U just tell Asus, dun replace the battery and u will know whether will they charge u for whatever they did.
 

McNugget

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
If it is under warranty, u should not be paying for diagnostic but pay for the new battery if u decide to go ahead with the replacement.

I am curious why u asked in this forum? U just tell Asus, dun replace the battery and u will know whether will they charge u for whatever they did.

The CSO told me that the battery warranty expired and I have to pay for it. But when they send me the invoice, it include the service/diagnostic fee.

I will ask the CSO on this again. Thank you!
 

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
30,608
Reaction score
120
Battery replacement you can do it yourself.

Just ask Asus to sell you the battery only.

No need pay for service fee.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top