ASUS UX305F Touchpad stop working suddenly

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
Windows 10 is recently known for breaking drivers. You may not need to install from scratch, just try reversing the last Windows update that caused it to stop working and see if that solves the problem.

You may also have to search the Web for drivers. My son's school Surface Note had driver issues also and I had to search for the specific driver on the provider's site. Don't expect Microsoft to tell you there is an updated driver.

Thanks! I tried already... both the outdated driver for the touchpad on the Singapore Asus website, the US Asus website, as well as third party driver websites... all fail to install... anyway I don't mind do a full Windows reinstall which I carried out earlier... but those drivers still refuse to install... sigh... so waiting for Windows 10 Build 2004 to drop and see if it fixes the problem lor...
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
Ok, I've managed to update the laptop to Windows 10 Build 2004. No dice... the touchpad still isn't working. The drivers still won't install. The same component inside the installer package isn't playing nice with Windows hence the failed install... absolutely ridiculous... from Asus or Windows!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top