This is a pretty capable notebook. Just that it only has 8GB of RAM but it should be okay for most needs -- heck, even my main laptop I use for work trips only has 8GB, and it's fine at handling most things from managing loads of tabs/windows to simple video editing.
Build quality from ASUS is not a concern -- they are one of the best if you've been checking out our reviews.
At this price, $898, it's a very good set of specs and coupled with a good build you can rely upon.
Traditionally, Zenbook class is what we would recommend, but Vivobook series has progressed a lot to be a legitimate option. I've just bought a Vivobook Pro model for a relative in the recent sales period and I'm very pleased with its build.
The only thing we can't put a finger on is aftersales service -- they aren't like Dell or HP to have that scale of operations to offer next-day on-site service capabilities. Just expect it to have traditional aftersales service, but you can't expect lightning-fast turnaround times.