at bkk now...

Kindaichi287

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
now days i just go for mango tango. nice and easy to find.

tutlezhu i dun find it any nicer... one thing for sure... more expensive than street sellers..

i find that sometime really depend on personal preference and luck... cos some like rice hard/soft, mango hard/soft, mango sour/sweet...
 

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
turtlezhu i at platinum nw, went the shop u mentioned.. they selling similar frames but dont have the exact one i want.

thanks anyway..
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
got two rite ?
one at siam area, one at asiatique ?

There's quite a few mango tango. Must say the items are not bad. I tried for the first time recently also, this coconut drink with mango is damn good.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
tutlezhu i dun find it any nicer... one thing for sure... more expensive than street sellers..

i find that sometime really depend on personal preference and luck... cos some like rice hard/soft, mango hard/soft, mango sour/sweet...

each to its own i guess. and also depends on luck not all mango gonna be sweet and tasty

turtlezhu i at platinum nw, went the shop u mentioned.. they selling similar frames but dont have the exact one i want.

thanks anyway..

hope you get to find what you want man.

There's quite a few mango tango. Must say the items are not bad. I tried for the first time recently also, this coconut drink with mango is damn good.

yeah i like their mango sticky rice set that has ice cream and pudding
 

ahchiong

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
120 baht? How many mangos they give you? It's only 60 baht for one serving with rice, 50 baht without rice. 50 baht is enough for 2 people already.

Only 1 mango. Serving wise it's ok for 2 pax but I always have it on my own. I buy it almost everyday when I'm in bkk. Haven come across any which is better than this yet. But well, personal preferences.
 

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
Only 1 mango. Serving wise it's ok for 2 pax but I always have it on my own. I buy it almost everyday when I'm in bkk. Haven come across any which is better than this yet. But well, personal preferences.

almost everyday? u stay near there? or bts/cab there everyday?
 

ahchiong

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
yep I stay at ekkamai when I'm in bkk, near thonglo so I'll drop by thonglo to get it and then slowly walk back. Sometimes by evening it'll b out of stock alr, especially the packets with normal rice + baitoey flavored rice + black glutinous rice.
 

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
8,958
Reaction score
4
wow think I shld make a trip to soi 38 to makan...hope it is still open when I go there in mid june...:(
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
yep I stay at ekkamai when I'm in bkk, near thonglo so I'll drop by thonglo to get it and then slowly walk back. Sometimes by evening it'll b out of stock alr, especially the packets with normal rice + baitoey flavored rice + black glutinous rice.

u stay at jasmine residence ah ?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Only 1 mango. Serving wise it's ok for 2 pax but I always have it on my own. I buy it almost everyday when I'm in bkk. Haven come across any which is better than this yet. But well, personal preferences.

Expensive leh 1 mango. Can get 2 mangos elsewhere and unless you tell me those are not sweet enough which I find it quite unbelievable.
 

ahchiong

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Expensive leh 1 mango. Can get 2 mangos elsewhere and unless you tell me those are not sweet enough which I find it quite unbelievable.

I feel that the mangoes from maewaree is just slightly nicer and more consistent in their taste, compared to other mango sticky rick, not a big deal over it though.What attracts me is the rice and overall taste. Other mango sticky rice i have tried, at the most 3 mouthfuls and i'll be sick of it, what matters is the food not the price. But i still emphasize personal preference, some people may find it ex or just normal, up to your own discretion.
 

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
22,847
Reaction score
652
just nw i went sukumit soi 38 food street famous for its mango sticky rice..

hearsay by june will be forced to leave liao.

good choice, i went there and nom nom nom as well... the wanton mee is good as well.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Nop, I stay at nice residence.

icic... coz ekkmai like kinda very far :)
is there any big shopping mall with big c inside ?
coz normally would go big c to buy grocery ...
their price is same or lower than tesco

last weekend was there, they have buy 1600b, free 160b rebate
only for big c member
u just need to show ur passport then fill up the application form can already
 

ahchiong

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
icic... coz ekkmai like kinda very far :)
is there any big shopping mall with big c inside ?
coz normally would go big c to buy grocery ...
their price is same or lower than tesco

last weekend was there, they have buy 1600b, free 160b rebate
only for big c member
u just need to show ur passport then fill up the application form can already

It's convenient for me though, quite near expressway especially when I wanna head to rangsit area.

Yep there is, not really a big shopping mall though, more like a big c standalone.
 

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
got few sites reported liao.. they say will by force to chase them away by 21st june for those roadside stalls..

by feb 2016 official will be gone, owner sold land, future will be condo.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top