Aussie - Phone needs to unlock?

E.Faith

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi! It’s my first trip to Aussie, I would like to understand if my phone have to be unlocked or not for the local(Aussie) prepaid SIM card to work on my iPhone.

Appreciate if anyone can recommend which telco to choose as well. I will be mainly in Melbourne, Victoria and also Brisbane. A SIM card that can cover both area is much preferred.

If you have any other sharings beside the SIM card, example: Foods to eat, places to shop, etc. I’m more than happy to hear from you too :)

Cheers! :s41:
 
Last edited:

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,635
Reaction score
3,487
Hi! It’s my first trip to Aussie, I would like to understand if my phone have to be unlocked or not for the local(Aussie) prepaid SIM card to work on my iPhone.

Appreciate if anyone can recommend which telco to choose as well. I will be mainly in Melbourne, Victoria and also Brisbane. A SIM card that can cover both area is much preferred.

If you have any other sharings beside the SIM card, example: Foods to eat, places to shop, etc. I’m more than happy to hear from you too :)

Cheers! :s41:

Phone sold in Singapore cannot be locked. They have to be unlocked (for sale). All phones have to be unlocked for all other sim cards to be used.

Yatala Pies - 48 Old Pacific Hwy
Brisbane Worst Veterinarian Restaurant / Norman Hotel - Woolloongabba, Brisbane
Noosa Chocolate Factory - few locations in the city (Brisbane) / 144 Adelaide Street
 

E.Faith

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Oh thanks for your reply. Cause I read on web and some say requires, some say not required. Thanks a lot!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top