AWOL from NS - Punishment?

MD1988

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Went AWOL when doing National Service 2 years ago and went abroad. Have to go back for family reasons. Will they know at airport and would I get arrested or have time with my family before giving myself up?

What happens if your father is very sick?

How long could I get in DB for this or could it be something else as punishment? Anybody know what it’s like in DB?
 

twozero

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Went AWOL when doing National Service 2 years ago and went abroad. Have to go back for family reasons. Will they know at airport and would I get arrested or have time with my family before giving myself up?

What happens if your father is very sick?

How long could I get in DB for this or could it be something else as punishment? Anybody know what it’s like in DB?

from what I heard...once they scan ur passport...I think all the info will be there and u will be arrested at the airport...all the best...

p.s its from what I HEARD...not sure how true it is
 

fannelwu

Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
u will be detained at airport and then transfer to military prison under detention until they put u up for court martial, u will have 1 chance to dispute and of course u need very strong valid reason, if u dont have, nevermind, u need super strong connection, if u dont have, never mind. u wont need anything after that, everything u need will be provided for to u for free.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Went AWOL when doing National Service 2 years ago and went abroad. Have to go back for family reasons. Will they know at airport and would I get arrested or have time with my family before giving myself up?


Driectly arrested.


What happens if your father is very sick?


You are only allow to see your father after everything is settle such as DB.

Please requested to the jubges to see your dad before entering DB & allow to see your dad during DB during court martial!


How long could I get in DB for this or could it be something else as punishment?


Confirm DB & you maybe fine($) as well.

After DB, you still needs to serve NSF & so it is confirm 2 or more years.


Anybody know what it’s like in DB?


1) You will be call by numbers instead of rank & name.


2) When you just step in is tekan & no much welfare.

As time go on, you will have lesser tekan & more welfare.

When you are about to finish your DB term is like heaven, can watch TV & etc.


3)Depend on your Pes.

If you are unfit, just relax & stand facing the wall & etc.

If you are fit, it is like BMT just that needs to carry standbag & no much welfare.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Btw, I know someone who have AWOL before.

Hear his story but I will only tell some part of it.

He use false passport & come/leave Sg alot of time.

He mostly use car/boat from Country M & Country I to enter Sg.

He have not been caught before but give up due to family problem.
 

afbug1

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
3,403
Reaction score
0
He said he AWOL while doing NS so most likely less than 2 years to serve?

I think what he meant was eg, served 1 year, went awol, sentenced to 30 days db and then finish off the remaining year, so total served 2 years 1 month.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I think what he meant was eg, served 1 year, went awol, sentenced to 30 days db and then finish off the remaining year, so total served 2 years 1 month.

Eh. Db is not counted. As service it's like nth. So total still 2 years
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
if i were TS.. i call 1st.. i contact Embassy or watever via phone.. check with them. or even Mindef.
 

kingtrade

Banned
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
26,279
Reaction score
0
Went AWOL when doing National Service 2 years ago and went abroad. Have to go back for family reasons. Will they know at airport and would I get arrested or have time with my family before giving myself up?

What happens if your father is very sick?

How long could I get in DB for this or could it be something else as punishment? Anybody know what it’s like in DB?

TS, advise you don't come back to singapore until u are about 50 years old
 

MD1988

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Thanks for answers. I know I made big mistake and now will have to sort it out and get punished. I really have to go back because of my family and hope they will see that I am sorry. I know 2 years is a long time - anybody know what time somebody whose been 2 years gone get for sentence?

Thank you
 

Nif1990

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
5,775
Reaction score
19
tell them u were in a coma, and when u woke up u had amnesia LOL
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Thanks for answers. I know I made big mistake and now will have to sort it out and get punished. I really have to go back because of my family and hope they will see that I am sorry. I know 2 years is a long time - anybody know what time somebody whose been 2 years gone get for sentence?

Thank you
why did u run away in the first place siahz.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
It really depends how the judge sentence you.

The question now is not how long you have AWOL but how long you have serve your NSF.

Eg: If you have serve 1 year & left 1 more year before you AWOL, you may DB for 1 year.



Thanks for answers. I know I made big mistake and now will have to sort it out and get punished. I really have to go back because of my family and hope they will see that I am sorry. I know 2 years is a long time - anybody know what time somebody whose been 2 years gone get for sentence?

Thank you
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
er... you can try calling saf before hand and telling them that you are coming back to surrender yourself. at least this way it will look nicer when in front of the judge, you surrender insteading of you get caught, and hoping the sentence will be lighter.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top