B & H RMA Freight Charges?!

ABuNeNe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,967
Reaction score
53
Went to RMA my Sapphire 5850 graphic card which is still under 2 years warranty and was told there is this freight charges? First time encounter that I need to pay to RMA?!?

Does Convergent have this?
 

sharkapl

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
4,862
Reaction score
0
this is B&H style RMA procedure
RMA u pay for freight charges and have to wait many weeks
 

ABuNeNe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,967
Reaction score
53
OMG?! Didn't know that as this is the first time RMA thru B & H! Will refrain from buying products RMA thru B & H from now on.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
The whole point of having the distro here is to have local warranty. So I would expect any charges to be absorbed by them for RMA. If I damaged the item, I suppose it is fair for me to bear the cost too.

In this case if it was a faulty product and I have to pay for freight, I think it makes a lot more sense to purchase it online, say Amazon, and save more money. Products carried by B&H is slightly cheaper, so not well worth purchasing from them.
 

SSDLover

Banned
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
6,211
Reaction score
0
What's the point of having local warranty if you have to pay for freight charge during RMA???!!!?:s22::s22::s22::s22:
 

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
45,265
Reaction score
740
Their cards are cheaper than Convergent.
Most buyers surely buy the cheaper ones.
 

ahbard

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
18,344
Reaction score
2,605
Didn't know still will kenna charges with RMA...whats the point of paying more for the local warranty if I have to pay for frieght charges. I might better off get from oversea with international warranty. Is cheaper.
 

ABuNeNe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,967
Reaction score
53
The whole point of having the distro here is to have local warranty. So I would expect any charges to be absorbed by them for RMA. If I damaged the item, I suppose it is fair for me to bear the cost too.

In this case if it was a faulty product and I have to pay for freight, I think it makes a lot more sense to purchase it online, say Amazon, and save more money. Products carried by B&H is slightly cheaper, so not well worth purchasing from them.
That's what I thought too! Next time, they can introduce handling fee, customs charge, fuel tax ... just to RMA their product?! I facepalm + lol when I'm typing this!

Can complain this to CASE? I saw at SLS level 1 information/security counter, there are 2 PC setup for CASE. Can I use it to report?
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
That's what I thought too! Next time, they can introduce handling fee, customs charge, fuel tax ... just to RMA their product?! I facepalm + lol when I'm typing this!

Can complain this to CASE? I saw at SLS level 1 information/security counter, there are 2 PC setup for CASE. Can I use it to report?

Not sure if CASE will entertain, but personally, I will just take it as a lesson learned. ;)
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
Their cards are cheaper than Convergent.
Most buyers surely buy the cheaper ones.

Cheaper can buy online bro. With this half baked RMA service, anyone could have sent it in for servicing themselves. B&H might even overcharge you for freight. :s22:
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,678
Reaction score
269
well, must spread this info around already.....
i will pass B&H products in this case. better get sapphire from convergent for a piece of mind.
 

ABuNeNe

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,967
Reaction score
53
Not sure if CASE will entertain, but personally, I will just take it as a lesson learned. ;)
For me definitely a lesson learned but I'm try to do something if possible.

I'm very sure that there are alot people out there who does not know about this.

Did a search and I found someone else posted this.
 

GhostWhere29

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
6
well, must spread this info around already.....
i will pass B&H products in this case. better get sapphire from convergent for a piece of mind.

how can we know if we are buying from convergent or b&h? different packaging?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top