Backpack with sling bag

ecslipe

Member
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Thinking of travelling with a backpack and a sling bag on the front for my upcoming trip anybody tried before?
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
But why? Just use 1 bag. It is easier to keep your eye on your luggage if you only have 1 bag to handle about rather than 2.

Thinking of travelling with a backpack and a sling bag on the front for my upcoming trip anybody tried before?
 

ecslipe

Member
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
But why? Just use 1 bag. It is easier to keep your eye on your luggage if you only have 1 bag to handle about rather than 2.

The sling bag will be more convenient for moving around and for keeping important items while the backpack is left in the hotel room.That what I have in mind.
 

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
75
I never liked sling bags. It'll always make one of my shoulders ache due to constant weight bearing down on just one shoulder. It doesn't matter if you constantly shift from one shoulder to another - both will still hurt at the end of the day. Maybe I bring too much stuff but my day bag will definitely consist of a water bottle, umbrella and power bank. These 3 are enough to kill my shoulders if I'm carrying a sling bag. I have very very tense shoulder and neck muscles so maybe it was worse for me.

I'll always bring a small backpack in my bug backpack bag when I go overseas (even with a luggage case - big backpack for laptop and stuff that I carry into cabin, smaller backpack stashed in luggage as a day pack after I check in to hotel). The smaller backpack is flattened and doesn't take up much space in the luggage when unused anyway.
 

joeey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2001
Messages
8,908
Reaction score
134
I always have an additional sling bag no matter if its luggage or backpack..

At least i know my iMportant belongings are in my sling if the luggage or backpack becomes too full
 

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
56,054
Reaction score
283
Thinking if it will be better to carry a small daypack or sling bag.
my friend carries something like this around:

gre11310466im1.jpg


super useful in the city and it's not as cumbersome as a daypack. if we're heading outdoors, we definitely take the backpacks.
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
I see. I just have a small packable backpack for use during the day. The good thing about small backpacks is that you can carry it on your back for max comfort, or in front for security, and you can even carry it with 1 strap slung across your shoulder like a sling back. The best of all 3 worlds.



The sling bag will be more convenient for moving around and for keeping important items while the backpack is left in the hotel room.That what I have in mind.
 

dleodleo

Master Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
12
Thinking if it will be better to carry a small daypack or sling bag.

I think sling bag is safer. At least you can see it. Backpack is carried behind. You will never know if your stuff is being stolen by professional thief.

My friend haversack was cut and her valuable stolen at Chakchuchak market in thailand. It was nicely cut, one straight line horizontal cut across her backpack but no one notice. Even my friend didn't feel anything.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,240
Reaction score
4,848
if stuffs are heavy i would use a day backpack (e.g small backpack) otherwise will use the sling bag. always carry with bags in front especially in crowded places
Thinking of travelling with a backpack and a sling bag on the front for my upcoming trip anybody tried before?
 

Emeraldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
5,850
Reaction score
0
Am looking to buy a backpack for travelling, planning to use it as a substitute for a small-med luggage as I usually bring quite a lot of clothes overseas.
Any brands or bag recommendation ?
 

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
56,054
Reaction score
283
Am looking to buy a backpack for travelling, planning to use it as a substitute for a small-med luggage as I usually bring quite a lot of clothes overseas.
Any brands or bag recommendation ?

Osprey is very reliable.
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
Maybe their full-weight ones, but not the lightweight ones. I have an ultra-light one (Osprey Hornet), and one of the seams tore while I was traveling. I had to sew it back (luckily, I always bring a small sewing kit). Now I'm going to try another bag.


Osprey is very reliable.
 

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
56,054
Reaction score
283
Maybe their full-weight ones, but not the lightweight ones. I have an ultra-light one (Osprey Hornet), and one of the seams tore while I was traveling. I had to sew it back (luckily, I always bring a small sewing kit). Now I'm going to try another bag.
so sorry to hear that. the stitching came undone or the material tore?

what are you looking at next?
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
The material. I burned the frayed edges to seal the edge, then sewed it back onto the seam.

Not sure, but I may give Decathlon backpacks a try. Cheap and light, and looks pretty strong.


so sorry to hear that. the stitching came undone or the material tore?

what are you looking at next?
 

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
56,054
Reaction score
283
The material. I burned the frayed edges to seal the edge, then sewed it back onto the seam.

Not sure, but I may give Decathlon backpacks a try. Cheap and light, and looks pretty strong.
lightweight and durability are generally opposite qualities isn't it?

you might want to look into climbing backpacks that are built to be light and rub against rock but they're pricey.
 

Emeraldz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
5,850
Reaction score
0
In the end I'm planning to buy cabinzero classic / military backpacks!
Loving the design as compared to most backpack brands.
 

magna_strike

Banned
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
14,908
Reaction score
5,841
Am looking to buy a backpack for travelling, planning to use it as a substitute for a small-med luggage as I usually bring quite a lot of clothes overseas.
Any brands or bag recommendation ?

Goruck backpacks are pretty good,though pricey but lasts for life.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
In the end I'm planning to buy cabinzero classic / military backpacks!
Loving the design as compared to most backpack brands.

The Tatonka flight case has a better back support. Similar design. For the flight case, the back carrying system can be stowed away (should you want to check it in).

9fMrcOI.jpg
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top